Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Old May 2, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Thanks for your insights. After having stayed at the Bomonti I am not sure what the love fest about it is over the Conrad. The Conrad with the exception of the lounge view is so much nicer in every respect from not feeling as much as a standard Hilton business hotel to better overall quality offerings. The Conrad rooms themselves are nicer (at every level from what I could tell walking around and asking) and it also seems they treat Diamonds better for upgrades which dont really happen at the Bomonti from what regulars in the lounge told me (and my two experiences now as well).
Different people, different opinions...
I think the public spaces at the Bomonti are far more impressive (a bit Vegas or Dubai style - over the top - but still very impressive).
In the Conrad we were only upgraded to an executive room (with a bathroom with only a shower - not my definition of luxury), in the Bomonti we received a Taksim suite with 2 bathrooms and a huge living room and several 'welcome gifts' like vouchers for their skybar and free afternoon tea in the lobby restaurant.
I will share my options again after my next stays (will stay again at both hotels in 3 weeks time as I want to give the Conrad a 'second chance').
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Different people, different opinions...
I think the public spaces at the Bomonti are far more impressive (a bit Vegas or Dubai style - over the top - but still very impressive).
In the Conrad we were only upgraded to an executive room (with a bathroom with only a shower - not my definition of luxury), in the Bomonti we received a Taksim suite with 2 bathrooms and a huge living room and several 'welcome gifts' like vouchers for their skybar and free afternoon tea in the lobby restaurant.
I will share my options again after my next stays (will stay again at both hotels in 3 weeks time as I want to give the Conrad a 'second chance').
With me it was the other way around.
Lobby in Bomonti is indeed more impressive but just because of it's size I think. Although, the lobby is by far the least I am interested in in a hotel

My upgrade in the Bomonti was just executive( so no upgrade) and in Conrad was already pre upgraded to Taksim Suite.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ulker32
Conrad was already pre upgraded to Taksim Suite.
The Conrad didnt have a Taskim Suite, i think you mean the Bomonti.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Originally Posted by fvn1312
The Conrad didnt have a Taskim Suite, i think you mean the Bomonti.
Sorry, was 'Park Suite' at Conrad
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Question Hilton Kozyatagi

Originally Posted by Delectatio
I have stayed at the Bomonti twice (definitely one of my favorite Hiltons so far), Conrad once (definitely a quality hotel but much prefer the Bomonti!).
The Hilton Kozyatagi on the Asian side is also quiet nice with a good lounge and nice pool/spa (haven't tried the Moda but always wanted to).
We have planned another 'Istanbul mattress run' this coming May (always a nice way to spend some points and score some stays to get my Diamond membership extended for another year).
We will also try the Hilton Bosphorus this time, along with 3 nights Bomonti, 2 nights Conrad and 2 more nights that we haven't decided yet (maybe we will try the new Hilton Bakirkoy near the airport, looks very nice and is very cheap).
For us Istanbul is one of the best places to do 'Hilton hotel hopping', plenty to see/do and tons of hotel choices as there is anything from 5K /night Hamptons to more luxurious 5* choices (and even these are very cheap...).

I see just unbelievable rates for suites at the Kozyatagi in September. Am really not familiar with the Asian side but have two 24 hour overnights flying out of IST. I will not be using public transport and have had good experiences using car service and uber in Istanbul recently. Is the Kozyatagi so terrible inconvenient for basically an overnight stay from IST and little jaunt out for dinner in the area?

I thought Bomonti was an ok property and thought the Conrad better, interested in how the Kozyatagi compares to those properties?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One might just consider that property if I one were flying out of SAW, but depending on time of day it could easily take you 2 hours by car to get there from IST, and easily 300+ TL in taxi fare there is absolutely nothing whatsoever of any interest within 5 to 10km of the neighborhood, unless a Carrefour super center is of interest. This is deep in the Asian side and has little of no interest to anyone unless they work or live near there (it is near Atasehir, a huge suburb and there are some office complexes out there.....
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:47 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
In the last couple of weeks we spent 1 night at Hampton Zeytinburnu and 1 night at Hampton Atakoy while passing through Istanbul. Both cost 5k Honors points.

I have no hesitation in recommending either hotel if you need a no-frills low-cost stay where a central location isn't important. I'm trying 2 HGIs that also cost 5k on a trip later in the year. Should be a good comparison.
Unless points redemptions have changed in the last few months since you posted this, the only HGI at 5k pts that I can see is the one at the airport. I suspect Umraniye might have gone up from 5k to 10k recently.

How does the Hampton Atakoy and HGI Airport compare? I am just looking for a quick overnight.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by escape4
How does the Hampton Atakoy and HGI Airport compare? I am just looking for a quick overnight.
Never stayed at the Hampton Atakoy, but I have stayed at the Hampton Zeytinburnu a few times and have absolutely no complaints - with the added advantage that it's next to the Marmaray station so it's an easy trip into Instanbul if you want to.

The HGI airport is... umm.. yeah.. For an overnight stay I might stay there again, but only if I was planning to have breakfast in the lounge or on the flight. The hotel itself is fairly mediocre, and the breakfast doesn't even come up to that level... I forget the exact details, but the airport shuttle is very limited. OK, so on second thoughts I probably wouldn't stay there again.

And don't forget that if your flying TK and your "quick overnight" is forced due to their schedule, then they will give you a free hotel for the night.

Also keep in mind that if your quick overnight is sometime after October then it's going to be at the new airport, which is 40km away from either of these hotels...
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps October 2019, most people think its not going to happen this year.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by docbert
The HGI airport is... umm.. yeah.. For an overnight stay I might stay there again, but only if I was planning to have breakfast in the lounge or on the flight. The hotel itself is fairly mediocre, and the breakfast doesn't even come up to that level... I forget the exact details, but the airport shuttle is very limited. OK, so on second thoughts I probably wouldn't stay there again.
Thanks for the tip, I will make other plans and avoid staying at HGI IST.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I will have 4 nights in Istanbul next month. I'm going to split the stay into two and am thinking of doing either the Doubletree Old Town or Sirkeci for nights 1-2 and the Conrad or Hilton Bomonti for nights 3-4. Any thoughts on which you would go for? We've never been to Istanbul and are planning on using the first 2 days to hit all of the sights in the old town area and the have a more relaxing end of the stay just kind of wandering around throughout the day. Is there any real difference between the two Doubletrees as far as the rooms go? The Old Town Doubletree is 5k points cheaper or I may just pay cash for it. For the Conrad/Bomonti choice, I'm leaning toward Bomonti since the executive lounge gets great reviews and the hotel looks to be extremely nice. On the other hand the Conrad looks nice as well and it appears upgrades there to suites are a bit more frequent. Walking to get to public transit from either property isn't a big issue for us or we can just take uber so location doesn't matter much. I'm mostly going on how nice the room/lounge is and general diamond treatment from the hotel.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Dec 27, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
I will have 4 nights in Istanbul next month. I'm going to split the stay into two and am thinking of doing either the Doubletree Old Town or Sirkeci for nights 1-2 and the Conrad or Hilton Bomonti for nights 3-4. Any thoughts on which you would go for? We've never been to Istanbul and are planning on using the first 2 days to hit all of the sights in the old town area and the have a more relaxing end of the stay just kind of wandering around throughout the day. Is there any real difference between the two Doubletrees as far as the rooms go? The Old Town Doubletree is 5k points cheaper or I may just pay cash for it. For the Conrad/Bomonti choice, I'm leaning toward Bomonti since the executive lounge gets great reviews and the hotel looks to be extremely nice. On the other hand the Conrad looks nice as well and it appears upgrades there to suites are a bit more frequent. Walking to get to public transit from either property isn't a big issue for us or we can just take uber so location doesn't matter much. I'm mostly going on how nice the room/lounge is and general diamond treatment from the hotel.
Actually I can only recommend the Conrad, is better in all points. Was there over Christmas and New Years Eve. Nothing to complain. Nice Upgrade and very good F&B Outlets.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by fvn1312
Actually I can only recommend the Conrad, is better in all points. Was there over Christmas and New Years Eve. Nothing to complain. Nice Upgrade and very good F&B Outlets.
The Conrad looks nice but quite inconvenient for metro access. The Bomonti is a little closer. Still undecided but it they both look like good hotels.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:55 pm

As a frequent visitor to Istsnbul, the DT Sirkeci is in a good spot to visit the old city, but the rooms are small and their service is not that good. I wouldnt go back there again. You can still stay in Conrad or Hilton Bomonti and take a cap there, its not far and fairly cheap.
From my experience, both the Conrad and Hilton Bomonti are 2 of the best Hilton properties in Europe, Conrad has great views and service, but Hilton's views are unbeatable, at the lounge you will feel like sitting over the clouds. I would go for Hilton because of the views and lounge experience, I have met there the best duty and guest relations manager I have ever met during my 20+ years of travel who is taking a great care of me in every visit, that definitely contributed to the decision of having Hilton my first and best choice whenever in Istanbul.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by VG3RMJC2
As a frequent visitor to Istsnbul, the DT Sirkeci is in a good spot to visit the old city, but the rooms are small and their service is not that good. I wouldnt go back there again. You can still stay in Conrad or Hilton Bomonti and take a cap there, its not far and fairly cheap.
From my experience, both the Conrad and Hilton Bomonti are 2 of the best Hilton properties in Europe, Conrad has great views and service, but Hilton's views are unbeatable, at the lounge you will feel like sitting over the clouds. I would go for Hilton because of the views and lounge experience, I have met there the best duty and guest relations manager I have ever met during my 20+ years of travel who is taking a great care of me in every visit, that definitely contributed to the decision of having Hilton my first and best choice whenever in Istanbul.
Right now I'm at the DT Old Town for 2 nights but was debating changing that. After being jetlagged the first two nights we figured being able to walk around would be nice instead of being further out where the Hilton/Conrad hotels are. I'm assuming the Old Town DT is similar the Sirkeci? I'm still considering switching to the Conrad for 2 nights then Hilton but the location of the DT is making it hard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.