Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Going to be on vacation in Istanbul for the first time - the new Doubletree (looks like a reclaimed property) Sirkeci looks like a perfect location and a pretty decent property at a good rate. Anyone know any more about it? Any red flags that I'm missing?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by mightyducksman
Going to be on vacation in Istanbul for the first time - the new Doubletree (looks like a reclaimed property) Sirkeci looks like a perfect location and a pretty decent property at a good rate. Anyone know any more about it? Any red flags that I'm missing?
My intuition is that it's an entry-level property likely catering to package tour groups. It's in the touristiest of the touristiest area. I wouldn't expect luxury. Here's the website (still live) for what it used to be: http://www.hotelprince.com/
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:46 am

Which one of these would you guys recommend?

Hilton Bomonti
Hilton Bosporus
Conrad Bosporus

I have a friend who has been to the Hilton Bomonti, and he noted that they didn't have bacon at breakfast, the cocktails in the bar were bad, but that everything else was great at this hotel, including the lounge and I do love good lounges :-D

I was also considering booking the DT Piyalepasa as it is less than half the price of the above, and as long as they have a fitness center, steam room, sauna and pool I will be happy. Location wise I don't mind less central locations as long as it is relatively easy to get to the tourist sites and good restaurants taking a taxi.

Also I am not a fan of shower/tub combos and don't think these belong in any 5-star hotels.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: PC RA, Flying Club Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I stayed at the Bomonti a few weeks back.

Pros
:Great lounge
:Very high-end feel to the hotel
:Amazing breakfast
:Views from high floor rooms

Cons
:Not in the centre of the city
:Nowhere nearby to walk for dinner etc - in quite an (shall we say) up and coming residential area

We used Uber a lot which worked out fine.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Haven't stayed at Bomonti. Hilton and conrad in Bosphorus are nicely located with very good views. Conrad is better quality over Hilton, but Hilton is in a slightly more touristy area.

Originally Posted by Rasmus3s
Which one of these would you guys recommend?

Hilton Bomonti
Hilton Bosporus
Conrad Bosporus

I have a friend who has been to the Hilton Bomonti, and he noted that they didn't have bacon at breakfast, the cocktails in the bar were bad, but that everything else was great at this hotel, including the lounge and I do love good lounges :-D

I was also considering booking the DT Piyalepasa as it is less than half the price of the above, and as long as they have a fitness center, steam room, sauna and pool I will be happy. Location wise I don't mind less central locations as long as it is relatively easy to get to the tourist sites and good restaurants taking a taxi.

Also I am not a fan of shower/tub combos and don't think these belong in any 5-star hotels.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by 1KHI
Haven't stayed at Bomonti. Hilton and conrad in Bosphorus are nicely located with very good views. Conrad is better quality over Hilton, but Hilton is in a slightly more touristy area.
Well I guess my list goes:

1. Bomonti
2. Conrad
3. Bosphorus

Depending on price of course.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:11 am

Hilton Kozyatagi or ParkSA

Both the Hilton Kozyatagi & the Hilton ParkSA seem to be similarly priced - which of them is easier to get to using public transport, which one has more local-style restaurants and cafes within easy walkin distance, which one is in a more photogenic neighborhood?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Conrad vs Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus

Anybody can comment on the virtues/negatives of one of these vs the other? I'm looking to book a stay and choosing between these. Or perhaps even Hilton Bomonti?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Just came back yesterday from 3 nights at the Hilton Bomonti (and 1 night at Hilton Kozyatagi).
Bomonti is a world class hotel in my opinion even though service wise they can still improve. Best value for money I ever had in a hotel! (paid 68EUR per night all in).
Very good, huge executive lounge on the 34th floor, lovely rooms and impressive public spaces and restaurants! Lovely spa too, I can only recommend!
I am looking to book again for May to get some more of this luxury :-)

Kozyatagi Hilton was also very nice but fades in comparison to the Bomonti, even though it was very handy for a late night arrival coming from the Sabiha Gokcen airport.

Haven't tried the Conrad or the other Istanbul Hiltons, and I probably won't either after having seen the Bomonti.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Thank you Delectatio. I'll keep that in mind when trying to decide
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:40 am
tcm

The Conrad is better location wise (Beside Yildiz Park/Besiktas) and the Bosphorus view. The Hilton Bomonti has probably the best executive lounge in Europe across the Hilton brand. Indoor facilities (Spa&Gym&Pool) also better than the Conrad.

The Hilton Bosphorus has a very nice garden and open pool. It was the first 5-Star chain property in Istanbul and has a lot of nostalgia for locals. But it is also dated. In the summer could be considered for the location, pool, views (rooms with balcony) and the garden. The executive lounge has nice views but does not compare in terms of offerings with the Hilton Bomonti.

Last edited by tcm; Mar 22, 2017 at 8:49 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by FGunawan
The last post has been more than half a year already in that link.
So what? Here is the point. If you had posted in that thread it would still have risen to the top of the board, same as a new thread. Now a member with a similar question will have to look in two threads to get the complete info posted, or a moderator will have to spend time combining the threads.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines , Hilton Honors Gold
The Hilton Bosphorus has a very nice garden and open pool. It was the first 5-Star chain property in Istanbul and has a lot of nostalgia for locals. But it is also dated. In the summer could be considered for the location, pool, views (rooms with balcony) and the garden. The executive lounge has nice views but does not compare in terms of offerings with the Hilton Bomonti.[/QUOTE]
I am local and been to Hilton Bosphorus several times. maybe a bit dated but on the other hand it is the best for summer term, has the moat wonderful view and location
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two small corrections:

1) The Istanbul Bosphorus, was the FIRST Hilton to operate outside of the United States and is the oldest international Hilton in existence.

2) Technically is it was not the first "five star" hotel in Istanbul, especially as there was no "five star" designation anywhere at that time. It was the first "four star" international hotel at the time.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:41 am

Thank you hsynxshn and hfly. Interesting background information on Hilton Bosphorus. I do note that it has a very good location too just by the Taksim Park. I'll be in Istanbul next week (not quite summer yet) and already booked Doubletree Sirkeci for its location, the Conrad and 1 night at the Hilton Garden Inn Ataturk Airport. Will certainly look into the Bosphorus Hilton when I come back again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.