Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 4:12 am

Depends what your are doing in Istanbul and what you want from your stay.

Just need a room so that you can sight-see, then choose the SA at $185 per night. I think as a Gold you get breakfast.

If you plan on doing business or spending time in the hotel, then the Hilton Istanbul has a good gym, restaurant on the top floor overlooking the water, and is a generally nicer hotel.

Personally, I'd take the $115/night and buy some more gifts for the family
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond
Proximity to cruise ship port

I have read the reports on the 3 Istanbul properties, and the consensus seems to be that the Hilton Istanbul is preferred by most.
I will be in Istanbul in 2/09 to meet up with my nephew on his "Semester at Sea" port-of-call. Can anyone tell me which Hilton property is closest to the piers? Other things being equal, I'll be booking an executive floor room (just because I don't want to worry about taking a chance with an upgrade). So, do I book the Hilton or the Conrad?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by haruspex
I have read the reports on the 3 Istanbul properties, and the consensus seems to be that the Hilton Istanbul is preferred by most.
I will be in Istanbul in 2/09 to meet up with my nephew on his "Semester at Sea" port-of-call. Can anyone tell me which Hilton property is closest to the piers? Other things being equal, I'll be booking an executive floor room (just because I don't want to worry about taking a chance with an upgrade). So, do I book the Hilton or the Conrad?
I think that there are a couple of different piers that the ships might dock at. All three Hilton family properties are in the same general area. You would go down the hill to the Bosphrous in a southwesterly direction in each case. It would be a long, but feasible, walk. The Hilton in Taksim (i.e., not the ParkSA) is closest.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond
Thanks, mecabq.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:37 pm

I have never stayed at the Conrad, but haven't heard any great things about it. I've stayed at the Istanbul Hilton multiple times and haven't had any problems. Staff are friendly and customer oriented. Executive lounge is nice, staff are very friendly. Executive lounge personnel are nice and helpful. Great location and walking distance to Taskim Square. Very safe and easy to find. Lots of good restaurants in the local area.

Take the back elevator (near restaturant) straight to Executive Floor.

Ask for the Bosphorous View!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:39 pm

Istanbul Hotels

Going to Istanbul next summer for a few days post-cruise. Reviews in the master thread all seem to be from 2005, and are fairly unanimous in preferring the Hilton over the Conrad.

Any more recent experiences? Is the Istanbul Hilton still the better choice?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
More recent than 4 months ago?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...stanbul&page=3
Old Jan 7, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Question Bump for 2009

Hi

Just wanted to revive this old thread and see every one's opinion on which of the two is better.

Am thinking of doing an GLON stay on one of these properties in Novermber '09.

Im leaning towards Conrad since all the other Conrads Ive stayed at has been Fabolous (BKK, HKG, Maldives). ^

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Some research here will reveal the Conrad Istanbul is no Bangkok, Tokyo or Hong Cong Conrad. In this instance, it would seem the Hilton outscored the Conrad on many features, but if you insist on going to the Conrad, please share your impressions. I am sure many of us would like to hear things have changed appreciably.

N.B. You may want to check the latest post on the Hilton Istanbul review thread.

Originally Posted by KL808
Hi

Just wanted to revive this old thread and see every one's opinion on which of the two is better.

Am thinking of doing an GLON stay on one of these properties in Novermber '09.

Im leaning towards Conrad since all the other Conrads Ive stayed at has been Fabolous (BKK, HKG, Maldives). ^

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:09 pm

Hilton Istanbul

Never stayed at the Conrad, but haven't heard anything good about it. The Hilton has a Newly remodeled Executive Floor. EF staff is great. Breakfast is good. Drinks are free. Service is excellent.

Good location. walking distance to Taksim Square. Supposedly have airport transfer service, but never have used it.

Always pricey hotel though. Only downfall. Also, they charge for internet, which is not the norm in Turkey.

Work to get a Bosphorous view room. A lot nicer to look at.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
I will be the CONRAD Istanbul next weekend.. I was also back and forth on the Hilton VS Conrad. Now that I got the Jan Sale price at the Conrad for 75.00 Euro each night and also emailed the Hotel and got them to Upgrade me to EX level with B view.. I will let you all know how it is.. I'm a little worried about the distance to the tourist stuff. I was offed a "BMW Car" to pick me up at the airport for 80 euro. Note that was more then one night room rate.. I passed on that..
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Because no two posters on FT have the same opinion...

Originally Posted by sc8077
The Hilton has a Newly remodeled Executive Floor. EF staff is great. Breakfast is good. Drinks are free. Service is excellent.
Agreed.

Good location. walking distance to Taksim Square. Supposedly have airport transfer service, but never have used it.
Well, better location than the other Hilton properties, but I wouldn't say the location is objectively good. It's in the business district north of the Golden Horn---far away from the old, Sultanhamet district where most of the tourist stuff is. Yes, it's close to Taksim square and Istiklal street, but still a 5-10 minute walk to Taksim and then a funicular ride and transfer to the tram at Kabatas---about a 30-minute trip, all told, to the Hagia Sophia or Blue Mosque. If you're looking to be in the center of tourist country, the Four Seasons Sultanhamet would be a far better choice, for instance.

Always pricey hotel though. Only downfall. Also, they charge for internet, which is not the norm in Turkey.
Certainly not pricey right now---they're running a crazy "January Sale" at the moment, but I'm under the impression they're not alone, as things are slow all over. Also, the Internet is free in the lounge, and they have Ethernet cables for your laptop in addition to the public-access computers (beware the Turkish keyboards).

Work to get a Bosphorous view room. A lot nicer to look at.
Not worth arguing over, IMHO. The lounge has a Bosphorous view, and it's not particularly stunning---at least in winter. Then again, I rarely spend much time in my room during daylight hours.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, UA
Istanbul...Conrad or Hilton?

I will be in Istanbul Jan 15-17, 2010 for 3 days on the way back from 2 weeks in Africa. I would like to use HHonors points for a room at the Hilton or Conrad. This will be my 1st trip to Istanbul so I definately want to do the "tourist things". Any suggestions on which hotel to stay at?

Thanks,
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello all,

Any updates with the Hilton properties in Ist?

I am considering to go there with my family over x'mas and both the Conrad and Hilton Ist have very good rates.

Chances of Upg to executive floor as Gold?

Thanks ,
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...9-04-09-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.