Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Istanbul Hilton, Doubletree or Conrad?

I understand that there are some new Hilton properties in Instanbul. I was wondering if anyone had an opinon about the Doubletrees vs traditional Hiltons. I love to use public transportation but also love Hiltons with great views (Athens). Any suggestions? I have lots of points.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by mphall
I understand that there are some new Hilton properties in Instanbul. I was wondering if anyone had an opinon about the Doubletrees vs traditional Hiltons. I love to use public transportation but also love Hiltons with great views (Athens). Any suggestions? I have lots of points.
Search is your friend on this one. Many threads on the various properties in Istanbul.....
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I know both Conrad and Hilton have great views. One Doubletree is toward old town, iirc, and the other is across the Bosphorus in Asia. Public transport in Istanbul includes the Bosphorus ferries - check Tom Brosnahan's Turkey Travel Planner for more information.

But there are some extensive reviews on some of these properties, and it seems to me to be a waste to ignore the energies and contributions of members who have chosen to share.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Just to add something, the DT Moda is on the Asian side which means you're looking at a very nice boat trip in summer...and potentially feeding the fish your breakfast/lunch/dinner in winter.

UTA
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Hilton or Conrad Istanbul?

My wife and I are going to Istanbul for 3 days in Nov. I currently have a reservation at the Hilton Istanbul. While I was making the reservation I noticed the Conrad.

I have to confess I don't know much about Conrad's having never stayed in one. It looks like the Conrad is a bit further outside of the city center that the Hilton. However both are currently around the same price. 300-450 Lira/night/.

I am Hilton Gold, do the benefits work the same at a Conrad?

Any suggestions? Should I stick with the Hilton or go to the Conrad?

Thanks for any info.

-Andrew
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Lots of electrons have been spilled on this question. I used Istanbul as a search term, constrained to threads active in the past year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-istanbul.html
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Some members have contributed significantly with reports and recommendations, sometimes extensive ones at that. I would recommend honoring their diligence by checking their contributions first.

If you are challenged using Search and Advanced Search, be sure to read the thread entitled Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread here, in the Technical Issues Forum.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:38 pm

Anyone have any experience at Conrad Istanbul recently?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
I stay every year at the Conrad Istanbul. While the past years have seen some cost-cutting, the service remains great, always got ug'ed to EF even on rockbottom rates and the Bosphorus view from the EL/terrace is amazing.

Great property and I will be back again this year.

UTA
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Conrad vs Hilton Istanbul

I will be spending 8 nights this August in Istanbul at a Hilton property on points.
I noticed that the Conrad Istanbul and Hilton Istanbul are both cat 6 properties.
Is there any current comparison between these two properties? I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:37 pm

Best Hilton Property in Istanbul?

Will be there in October and looking for convenient Hilton property to stay for walking excursions, close to public transportation to town and airport. Suggestions? Thanks.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Doubletree Old Town, nice hotel, great location with tram stop outside.

Be sure to buy a bunch of tokens for the tram from the machine at the tram-stop before getting on. One direction takes you to the SultanAhmet tourist area, the the Grand Bazaar and the Blue Mosque etc, while the other direction goes towards Galati bridge and the business centre. Once you've put in your token you can stay on the trams and do a sightseeing tour!

Cab to/from the airport is about $25, maybe 40 minutes depending on traffic.
Old May 12, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Second the Doubletree Old Town. The hotel is quite new and it's in a good location. I rented a car when I was there last year... big mistake.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:16 am

+1 on DT Old Town
Old May 12, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Another +1, DT is a great property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.