Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Seoul Hilton {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2001, 3:54 am

I also stayed there in September. Upgraded (I'm Gold) to executive floor. Only gripe I had was that they closed the non-smoking breakfast lounge Friday AM because of impending holiday weekend (Chusok).

Still, think about it - a smoking and a non-smoking lounge (different floors, not just partitioned). Pretty classy!
Old Dec 14, 2001, 10:43 am

Seoul Hilton

I tried to book a room for June (during the world cup) both on the internet and called the 1-800#, but nothing showed up...

I was told that the hotel has not released its inventory yet. is this possible?

what should I do?

Please help.
Old Dec 15, 2001, 8:24 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Maybe try to phone the hotel direct ?

Also, look at http://www.fifa-hotels.com for recommendations on hotels in Seoul etc.
By the way, if you decide to book a hotel, don't book through this website - the rooms are much more expensive than with the hotels direct. Just use it as a reference.

I've actually booked the Hilton Tokyo for some of the time of the World Cup on points to see Ireland !!
Old Feb 7, 2002, 3:09 pm

Hilton Seoul

This hilton is completely booked for the month of June! Help!

Any suggestions?

I read somewhere that the SwissHotel is now a Hilton, but the HH rep couldn't find it...
Old Feb 7, 2002, 3:40 pm

I believe the 2002 World Cup will be in progress at that time, with matches in both Korea and Japan. So expect availability to be tight at all the major hotel chains and, where there is availability, expect ridiculous rack rates.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 4:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FTraveler:
I believe the 2002 World Cup will be in progress at that time, with matches in both Korea and Japan. So expect availability to be tight at all the major hotel chains and, where there is availability, expect ridiculous rack rates.</font>
Unfortunately, this is exactly what I'm going there for. bummer... this means that I have to "pay" outrageous rates for my stay there....

Does anybody have the UA hotel certs and doesn't mind giving me one or two? (I'll post this question in the coupon connection forum)

Old Feb 7, 2002, 5:44 pm

The UA50 coupons will be useless IMO, because they won't open any space for the coupon inventory.

They are already full with rack-paying guests, why would they want you to pay only half?

Just a thought.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 8:09 pm
DCW

for event like this your best chance may be is to go through travel agents as many have reserved lots of rooms for their package/tour for the world cup. Another possiblity is to go through AE's PTS.
Old Feb 8, 2002, 2:20 am

If you have a connection with the Department of Defense (active duty, retired military, current DoD employee) you may want to check the Dragon Hill Lodge. It's an AFRC located in a compound in downtown Seoul. However, they may be sold out as well.

http://www.dragonhilllodge.com/
Old Feb 8, 2002, 12:31 pm

try the Westin Chosun or the Lotte hotel

LL
Old Feb 9, 2002, 7:44 pm

The Swisshotel will assume the Hilton brand on April 1st, 2002.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003466.html

[This message has been edited by monahos (edited 02-09-2002).]
Old Feb 28, 2002, 10:23 am

seems like the world cup organizers have frozen all the major hotels in seoul!!!!

The only way to book a room in one of the chains (i.e. hilton, marriott, etc.) is through them...

any idea how to book a room at the hilton without paying outragous rates?
Old Sep 2, 2002, 1:14 pm

Comments on Hilton Seoul - downtown?

May be staying at the Hiton Seoul downtown and was wondering if any recent comments on this location? Have already searched and read about the warring between the old and new Hilton. Anything lately?

Thanks ... SimonC

[This message has been edited by SimonC (edited 09-02-2002).]
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:25 pm

Hi Simon,

Stayed at the Hilton in Seoul in July and loved it. First, great location - near the outdoor market, subway lines, the park, etc. But more importantly the service was terrific, the room great, and the breakfast awesome. Service: Really friendly and helpful, although concierge staff not as much so as front desk. But if you ask for something it's there and if there's a problem they fix it immediately. I ordered room service one night and had a problem - not only did they take care of it but the manager sent up a bottle of wine. Room: I wasn't upgarded to the executive floor (I'm a gold) as they were booked. But my room was great. I love the fact that they don't use those gross bedpreads and instead just cover the down blanket in a duvet cover/sheet. I also like the control system next to the bed fo lights, tv, etc. Food: Not only great restaurants but if you're gold and they don't upgrade you they offer a free breakfast buffet. Now this isn't one of those lousy buffets but instead has mounds of lox and other smoked fish, japanese dishes, great salads, mineral water/soda/fresh juice, a really nice fresh fruit bar, fresh baked pastries, etc. The breakfast alone was worth the stay. I'd load up on breakfast every morning and I was set all day. Overall It's a great place (and compared to the disgusting Fontainbleu in Miami, which I just came back from, it's a rue gem.) Two other notes. Prices in the business center are pretty expensive so if you're not on an expense account, don't want to use the internet-tv service, or have problems using your own laptop there's a pizza shop right across the street that also is an Internet cafe which is really inexpensive. And another tip to save some bucks (again if you're not on an expense account): walk across the street - next to the pizza/cafe - and buy some water, soda, etc. and stick it in your mini-bar fridge (which is an actual fridge so there's room). They even have the same nuts as the minibar at 1/5th the price.

It's a great city. Have fun.
Bryan
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:59 pm

Programs: MPO, Asiana Gold, United Premier, PC Platium/Ambassador, Platinum GP..
It is on Namsan mountain and very close to Myungdong and "old" downtown. Palaces, city hall and shopping areas are all located nearby.
Try to call the hotel directly to book a room. They always has some sort of "package", which is way cheaper than Hilton.com rate.
Interestingly, the hotel has two diffent exeuctive-style "floors". Business floor and executive floor. If you are staying business floor, you can use business floor lounge (located on 2nd floor) for small snacks and basic business necessities. If you are trying to book "executive floor", try to book Executive e-rooms. You only need to pay around KRW 20,000 more. These rooms are recently renovated with free broadband internet access, a desktop PC and a printer. Basically, you can use your labtop and a desktop PC if you need to. Also ask a moutain view room, which provide beautiful scenery of Namsan. If you are staying at executive floor, you can get drinks and fruits from exeuctive lounge anytime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.