FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Love Hilton - hate their computers/operators (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/125545-love-hilton-hate-their-computers-operators.html)

Karen2 Jan 24, 2002 1:18 am

Love Hilton - hate their computers/operators

Last year, my PIN suddenly did not work and I could not access my account on-line. All fall, I had problems with the central reservations rates not being accepted by the hotels upon arrival. Now, I discover that I have been removed from our Mutual Fund account and HHonors expects me to provide a marriage license when they removed my name in error. We have had a Mutual Fund for at least 10 years. In fact, the account number was my old number, not my husband's. What on earth is going on in Hilton's squirrelly computers? No other hotel frequent guest program seems to have these problems. Am I alone with this one? I don't know that I have the patience for all this nonsense.

jabez Jan 24, 2002 5:47 am

Why they don't "fix" their computer system is beyond me.

not2bgrounded Jan 28, 2002 11:24 pm

Karen2
Your Mutual account experience and frustration remind me too much of ours last year. Our PIN worked fine but someone else had it too. The stays and points got all intermingled and it was a mess. We had had our Mutual account for about 10 years too. I'll bet that even though the account number was your old number, the account was in your husband's name.
I can not answer the question "What on earth is going on in Hilton's squirrelly computers?" The computer people I have interacted with seem more like part of the problem than the solution. At least there are Kristy Hall and Adam Burke to straighten things out for us. They must really be frustrated.

Karen2 Jan 29, 2002 11:33 am

Actually, at first the account was in my name. Then my husband's company started fussing at him about hotel bills with my name on them popping up on his expense accounts so we asked Hilton to put his name first, mine second. That went on over 5 years until just recently when my son's name appeared as 2nd to my husband. We referred my son to HHONORS since he travels for business and somehow after a year or so of just being a referral, he became an owner. One wonders how these things can even happen.

The person who first responded to me claimed my son was NOT showing as an owner of the account (printed clearly on top of the snail mail statement) and that we did not have a Mutual Fund. Very frustrating. I like all the points but really do not appreciate having to devote so much time to maintenance of the account.

not2bgrounded Feb 2, 2002 2:44 pm

What inconsistency. I was told there was no way a mutual account could ever be in the woman's name even though the number was my original number. I'm pleased to know to know that whoever documented that policy was incorrect.
I hear you about time spent on maintenance.