FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Honors extends Gold 1 more year ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/125528-honors-extends-gold-1-more-year.html)

JGill Oct 23, 2001 9:24 am

Honors extends Gold 1 more year !

in my email this am:

>>>Given that many Hilton HHonors members are finding themselves unable to achieve the number of HHonors stays required to requalify for their VIP status into 2002, we have decided to extend your Gold VIP tier status for an additional calendar year.<<<

------------------

TrojanHorse Oct 23, 2001 9:46 am

how can people not find time for four whole stays to make gold (assuming promo is being used?)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JGill:
in my email this am:

&gt;&gt;&gt;Given that many Hilton HHonors members are finding themselves unable to achieve the number of HHonors stays required to requalify for their VIP status into 2002, we have decided to extend your Gold VIP tier status for an additional calendar year.&lt;&lt;&lt;

</font>

lofly Oct 23, 2001 9:46 am

Mine too! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

BearX220 Oct 23, 2001 12:29 pm

Mine as well, and it's appreciated, as I would've topped out at Silver for '02.

TravelWeary Oct 23, 2001 1:28 pm

And I like the way they've taken care of those of us who have already qualified for next year (paragraph 3)!!
=======================================
I am writing today to say thank you, on behalf of Hilton HHonors and the Hilton Family of Hotels, for having been given the
opportunity to meet your travel needs in the weeks since September 11. We recognize that today's travelers are facing significant challenges in light of increased security measures and general uncertainty, and that many of our frequent guests have in fact had their travel restricted.

Given that many Hilton HHonors members are finding themselves unable to achieve the number of HHonors stays required to
requalify for their VIP status into 2002, we have decided to extend your Gold VIP tier status for an additional calendar year.
This means that your Gold VIP status will be extended through the end of 2002 -- you will receive a membership card with the extended expiration date by mail, after the first of the year.

And, for members like you who continue to stay with us during the remainder of 2001, we would like to offer an additional
expression of our appreciation. If your travel schedule makes it possible for you to meet the Gold VIP qualification requirement
of 16 HHonors stays or 36 nights in 2001, you will receive double stay credit toward your 2003 HHonors VIP status for every HHonors stay you have between January 1 and March 31, 2002. If you are not able to meet the stay or night requirement, just stay once
between November 1 and December 31, 2001, and you will receive double stay credit toward your 2003 HHonors VIP status for every HHonors stay you have in January 2002.

Additionally, I’d like to give you advance notice of a special Hilton HHonors promotion scheduled to begin on January 1: an opportunity to earn double miles for Double Dip® stays at any HHonors hotel worldwide, between January 1 and March 31, 2002. Registration will be required to participate in this special offer -- however, in recognition of your loyalty to the Hilton Family of Hotels, we have pre-registered
you automatically. Please look for more details of this valuable offer in the weeks to come.

ElmhurstNick Oct 23, 2001 2:40 pm

WHile I use Priceline for a majority of my hotel needs, Hilton's actions in the last year have gotten me to the point where I am now giving 100% of my non-Priceline work business to Hilton. I have 13 stays this year, and #14 is next week.

Since 2002 looks like I'll have many more quick-notice one night stays where Priceline won't be a viable option, I will most likely make Diamond! Now if the Hilton Garden Inn in Albany wouldn't insist on charging $169 a weeknight when everybody else charges $99-$144...

[This message has been edited by ElmhurstNick (edited 10-23-2001).]

ElmhurstNick Oct 23, 2001 2:42 pm

dup

[This message has been edited by ElmhurstNick (edited 10-23-2001).]

TravelWeary Oct 23, 2001 4:18 pm

Hey Elmhurst Nick! A number of my Hilton stays this year were in Albany. I started at the HGI there for $119/night and then also moved on when they raised their prices. Not wanting to leave the Hilton family I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Wolfe Road which was not so great. I then tried the Hampton Inn in Latham a couple of times which I prefered and always at less than $100/night. Each time I stayed there they gave me the same quiet corner room looking out onto a field.

nan358 Oct 24, 2001 9:18 pm

Is this a targeted promotion? I haven't received this one yet.

stevenl57 Oct 26, 2001 7:49 pm

I just got back from HGI Albany and booked it for $98 per night via AAA.com's website. HHonors could not pull that rate up on their own reservation system. No problems, fine stay and they had my breakfast coupons all ready.

Andrew Yiu Oct 26, 2001 8:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If your travel schedule makes it possible for you to meet the Gold VIP qualification requirement
of 16 HHonors stays or 36 nights in 2001, you will receive double stay credit toward your 2003 HHonors VIP status for every HHonors stay you have between January 1 and March 31, 2002.</font>
I am close to 16 stays and haven't got any emails... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif it would be nice to get this offer given that I will be a "true" Gold next year.

rcs85551 Oct 27, 2001 11:10 am

Empress, the very same applies to me http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

Andrew Yiu Oct 27, 2001 3:28 pm

I think this is an industry wide problem. Most airlines and hotels will develop a bunch of targeted promotions toward lower tier members ignoring people who have earned their higher status the real/hard way. They simply take it for granted that high tier members will renew their status year after year without the need to provide us with any incentives.

Having said that, even if I weren't offered this promotion, I think Hilton have done pretty well this year in terms of promotions especially in giving most of us 100K points just for making 8 stays. I for one will say that Hilton is successful keeping my loyalty for the forseeable future unless something drastic happens.

GeorgeJ Oct 29, 2001 9:45 am

Empress, I have 15 HHonors stays so far this year, and I DID receive the e-mail this past week. My 16th stay for 2003 Gold will be next week. And the promotion will make sure that I make the rest of my 2001 stays and 1st quarter 2002 stays with the Hilton family..

So they are sending the e-mail to those who are on the brink of making Gold the hard way..

TravelWeary Oct 29, 2001 9:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GeorgeJ:
&lt;snip&gt;So they are sending the e-mail to those who are on the brink of making Gold the hard way..</font>
And to those who have already made it the "hard" way. It almost seems that many people are under the misconception that everyone out here is a comped gold. I for one really appreciate Hilton's effort to compensate a little extra to those who already have the required qualifying stays--unlike my favorite airline which has rewarded me only by providing more competition for upgrades next year.

kempis Jan 7, 2002 10:21 am

I emailed Hilton at [email protected] and asked about my status. I am currently Gold until 4/02 and ask what about later. They said that a new card will be mailed to me within 4-6 weeks and that I am Gold the entire 2002. Good news and Hilton also got a happy customer that will stay at the properties all through 2002.

Have two stays later this week in Chicago and Washington and I am looking forward to it.

Joh Jan 7, 2002 11:27 am

Hi Kempis. The better news I think you'll find is that not only all of 2002, but until end April 2003 is what your card will say on it. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

kempis Jan 30, 2002 4:01 pm

I got my new Gold card today and its valid until 4/2004 and I feel happy http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif