Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Do Hilton Grand Vacations ClubŪ Stays Earn Hilton Honors Points?

Old Jan 24, 02, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Hi,
I booked the special 3 night $99 promotional deal at Orlando Hilton Grand Vacations Club, where you have to take a 90 minute tour about timeshares. When I booked with Barbara at Hilton Grand Vacations, I was told that I would get HHonors points for the stay. When I checked in they said that no points are allowed for the timeshare promotional rate, but they said they would part my HHonors number in anyway. Has anyone received points for this $99 plus tax promo?
- Andrew
Old Jul 18, 02, 2:32 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Rates = HHonors Points?

Reserved to stay at Las Vegas Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Hilton is sold out July 28-30. Never stayed at a GVC before and wanted to make sure:
1. would receive HHonors points as I would at any Hilton
2. do not have to sit through a 90 minute presentation or anything

Still participating in the Hilton 50k promo so really need the points, especially since cancelling reservation at MGM Grand as they no longer give AA miles!

------------------
If it is such a small world, why have I been on this airplane for more than 12 hours?!?
Old Jul 18, 02, 7:52 am
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

If you got one of their "packages" that state you will need to go to a presentation,do not expect stay credit or points.If you booked through HH,you will receive credits. Nice property. Much nicer than Hilton.
Old Jul 18, 02, 8:20 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Thanks, booked online via www.hilton.com so relieved to get miles for stay. Didn't know they were all suites!

------------------
If it is such a small world, why have I been on this airplane for more than 12 hours?!?
Old Jul 18, 02, 5:14 pm
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by idealflyer:
Thanks, booked online via www.hilton.com so relieved to get miles for stay. Didn't know they were all suites!

</font>
If you have a "studio" unit booked, don't expect what you usually would with a suite...it's the 2nd bedroom lockoff of a 2-br unit..nicer than a room at the LV Hilton, but not what you'd normally expect as a "suite."
Old Jul 19, 02, 6:28 am
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

If you have staus make sure they know. They've always upgraded me to a very nice suite.
Old Jul 19, 02, 10:21 am

I have stayed at the ones behind the Flamingo before and thought that they were very nice. The all have jacuzzi tubs, nice sized kitchen and there you also have access to the Flamingo's pool.

Old Oct 14, 02, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH G, MAR back to lowly Silver,
Stayed at HGVC I thought incidentials earned Points

...but its been over three weeks and no points have posted. Has anyone else managed to get points from an HGVC stay. I know that the nights don't generate points but I thought that any purchases to your room do.
Old Oct 15, 02, 9:30 am

You have to call HHonors Customer Service and have them adjust your account. I stayed at the HGVC in Orlando in May and my HHonors number didn't appear on my statement. I called customer service and gave them the details about my stay and it posted when I finished the call.
Old Nov 21, 02, 9:36 am

Staying @ the HGVC Jan 10-14th & I was told by the Rep that I could earn points for my stay.

Does anyone have any evidence that you can't get points for a stay @ HGVC?

Also - are HHonors Gold Members entitled to anything at all @ HGVC properties?

Thanks!
Chris
Old Nov 21, 02, 11:58 am
Original Member

You would get points at HGVC for a PAID stay...
Old Dec 4, 02, 3:54 pm

H Grand Vacation Club-how to get HH points?

Seem to remember that when you participate in a sales presentation, they give you a large number of HH points. How can one get the most, especially in Las Vegas?
Old Dec 4, 02, 4:34 pm

Amazingly, this info is readily available on the HGVC website.
http://www.hgvcoffers.com/hh_vegas/index.html
Old Dec 4, 02, 5:37 pm

We just redeemed a free night stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive. As we checked in we received a card for 500 HH points to check at the guest services desk for our "free gift" (a Hilton luggage name tag) and they tried to sell us one of the HGVC vacations like the ones listed on the internet. When we didn't bite at that, and said we were only interested in the points, they offered us 20k HH points to tour the HGVC property in Orlando the next day. Took 2 hours total, and in 6-8 weeks we should have our 20k with no out of pocket expense at all. Even have a receipt, good points/time ratio Wonder if you can do this anywhere in Vegas?
Old Dec 5, 02, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Marriott Silver
Just suffered through a presentation at HGVC in LV last week. The property is on the opposite side of the parking garage from the Hilton, though they're actually selling shares in a new property being built on the strip. There's a desk inside the hotel, I think it's where the East and North towers split off. You should be able to get 15K points out of a tour, though I had signed up under a different offer and did not.

Search this Thread