Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can I book a hotel room with my points for somebody else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2002, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I could not find an answer to this question(s).

Can I book a hotel room with my HHonor points for somebody else?:

1) When only the other person stays in the hotel?
2) When I also stay in the hotel (in a another/second room).
Old Jan 8, 2002, 4:22 pm

Yes, and yes.

"The reward may be issued to the Member, any person in the Member's family, or to any other person except as noted for US Airways Rewards. Once issued, rewards are not transferable and may be used only by the individual named on the reward. If a person other than the individual named on the reward documentation attempts to redeem the reward, the reward will be deemed void and accommodations and/or transportation will be denied."

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 01-08-2002).]
Old Jan 9, 2002, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much Eugene. I just did not find anything regarding this.
BTW, where did you find this "language" regarding reward bookings?
Old Jan 9, 2002, 8:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
where did you find this "language" regarding reward bookings?</font>
HHonors Terms and Conditions.

Alternatively, open http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/ , then scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on "HHonors Terms and Conditions".
Old Jan 9, 2002, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Eugene,

I found it. Thanks. Lots of "fine print" - Actually I searched the webpage with the find function (Ctrl + F) and "your" text.

One paragraph up it says:

....Members may purchase up to 20% of the points needed to redeem a Reward (this option not available when redeeming points online), at a cost of US$10 per 1,000 points....

Now we have it: One HHonor Mile is (less than) 1 cent, bringing us to: one Air-Line-Mile is (less than) 2 cents.
I know, there are loooong discussions regarding this on the board.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Question Can I make a reward reservation online for someone else??

I'm giving my brother and family a Hilton stay (using HHonors points) for Christmas. Can I book this online and just change names in the "Guest Information" page, or do I have to make this reservation over the phone? I tried doing a search for this topic and didn't come up with anything.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:54 pm

Yes, you can book for someone else online. I have done it several times. Make sure that the other party has the award cert with them though.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Yes, it can be done online and over the phone.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:38 am

From my experience it is no longer possible to change the name online. When Hilton changed the system to this rolling tier plan the ability to edit the reservation name seemed to disappear as well. I'm able to add my name as the second guest but not have the reservation in my name.

We have a mutual account and only reward reservations in my spouses name may be made online. In order to reserve a reward in my name I must call - and even then I have to repeat several times that the name on the reward needs to be changed to mine.

If you find a way to do this online please let me know as I would love to know how and to be able to do this myself.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:13 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, IHG Gold, AAdvantage. DL Skymiles
Question Booking a reward stay to be used by someone else.

Folks, it's my first post here, so please don't come down too hard on me if I have mistakenly committed an etiquette breach by posting this. I have lurked for quite a while and have gotten some wonderful info from these boards in general. I searched the archive and couldn't find any useful info on this topic, though.

I seem to recall from a previous post in this forum that you can book an online HHonors reward stay for someone other than yourself. But when I try to do so, it won't let the guest name be changed from mine. When I try, it takes me back to the previous page onf the reservation

Am I doing something wrong, or does this have to be done by a CSR? All help appreciated. Thanks is advance.

If specifics are important, I'm attempting to book the Hampton in Hillsville, VA for July 1. I'm HH blue.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Discoverist
From the HH website:

"Rewards may be issued to any friend or family member you designate when you request your Reward Certificate. Once issued, Reward Certificates are not transferable."

My guess is that the online system just isn't set up to handle the name change, so I would try the CSR route. But be assured that what you are trying to do IS allowed.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I think you will need to call.

I dont think you can book a reward reservation online without having your name on the reseravtion....you should be able to put the person you are booking for on there as well but I think your name will be on there also.

I would call and book the reward for the person and not even have them deduct the points but simply have them book the reward and if the person you are wanting to provide the award to is a Hilton Honors memeber just have them call and reserve the room using points (the CSR does not have to deduct the points at that time) and you can then go online and issue the award cert in their name and have it emailed to you...they just need to print and give it to the person at check in.

I like to have the person staying do the call as they can then provide their credit card info for the reservation and I just issue them the cert online which is really easy.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
You can print out the award certificate online by changing your name and replacing it with the person you're sponsoring. I've done that before, though not recently.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:36 am
Community Director Emerita

I assume you know the hotel and thus the points required.

Call Hilton reservations and have that award issued in the other person's name. It will be sent by email to you, and you can then forward on to the other person.

The person who is receiving the gift makes their own reservation, giving Hilton the certificate number to secure the reservation.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:30 pm
cjd

Yes, I have tried to book awards for family members on several occasions on the HHonors website, but it won't let you change the main account holder's name. Have always had to call HHonors (Glasgow in my case) who have gone ahead and made the reservation and issued the Award certificate. Both the reservation confirmation and Award certificate have then been e-mailed to me to give to my son or daughter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.