Gold: get EITHER upgrade OR breakfast?

Old Jan 4, 02, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Only loyal to WN or Best Price/ Route
Gold: get EITHER upgrade OR breakfast?

I am going to have a stay at North Redington Beach, FL next week,and I was brushing up on my HHONORS benefits. Looking at the current verbage on the benefits page, am I correct that you get an upgrade...and if that upgrade is NOT available, only then do they have to offer you breakfast?

For some reason, I always had in my head that GOLD received both.
Old Jan 4, 02, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
You get both.
Old Jan 4, 02, 8:28 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Upgrade to exec level (which includes breakfast), or if other room upgrade extra breakfast.
Old Jan 4, 02, 9:00 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Either one is better than the comment I've too often heard "We don't UG Golds. No breakfast for Golds - only Diamonds"

This appears to be a property specific issue - so if it is important to you, do your homework!

Good luck!
Old Jan 4, 02, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I am going to call today to check on the status of my upgrade. I guess I won't inquire about breakfast until I get there (I don't think this property has an executive/towers level).
Old Jan 4, 02, 3:34 pm

At this property you should get a room upgrade; ocean view and breakfast vouchers, my wife and I spent five days there 9-16 to 9-20,2001. The breakfast vouchers are for full meal and you pick up the tip. Enjoy the property, the beach is so-so, but the staff is very attentive to your requests. Try "Guppies" for Supper at Indian Rocks Beach which is North about 7-8 miles.
Old Jan 4, 02, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

orangejjr: sounds great - thanks for the specific advice - we will definitely check out guppies - thanks again!!!

Search this Thread