Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:18 pm
No longer at Internet Brands

Programs: America Advantage
Fess Parker - DoubleTree Santa Barbara

The Fess Parker Santa Barbara - DoubleTree by Hilton Resort

633 E Cabrillo Blvd Santa Barbara, CA US 93103

Fess Parker - DoubleTree Santa Barbara (4 Photos)

The Fess Parker Santa Barbara - DoubleTree by Hilton Resort

My wife and I stayed at the Fess Parker Aug 14th 2015 for a Wedding that day. If you disregard price wewerehappy with the property and service of the staff. Very family friendly hotel in a prime location in Santa Barbara. At this price point I doexpect a bit more from the dining and amenities but I think SB is just a more expensive destination in general (particularly by the beach).

Check In

Actually a highlight for me. This was an AM wedding of which my wife was the Maid of honor so she had to be there very early. Check wasn't until 2 or 3 but they offered to find a room at 8AM to allow her to get dressed. Which was very nice. The room was first floor parking lot view (hotel is sold out because its Aug in Santa Barbara) and the staff allowed us to move to the top floor with an ocean view later that day when it opened up. Really cool of them.

Room

The room feltspacsious - mayve around900 sq ft. 1 king bed and large sitting area. We had a balcony with a partical view of the ocean. All of the amenitys in room were in working order and in good condition.

Dining

We had dinner and drinks at the hotel resturant. Prettydissapointing considering how nice everything else was. I guess this isn't too far from what we should have expected now that I know its a family hotel. I guess you have to maintain a menu that kids will eat as well has tourists form around the country.

Given you are only 2 miles from some amazing resturants in Santa Barbara just go there and don't eat on property.

Fess Parker - DoubleTree Santa Barbara

Would you like to write a review on the The Fess Parker Santa Barbara - DoubleTree by Hilton Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Had a nice weekend reward stay here recently for 50K a night which was very nice, even with the unusually heavy So CA rains. Just booked the basic Diamond room and got a partial ocean view room which was a nice surprise. The rooms are large and comfortable. The breakfast buffet (complimentary for Diamond) was huge, and had a wide variety of hot and cold items. Conveniently located for wine tasting tours, which we had arranged prior to our stay, and there is even a Fess Parker wine tasting room on property. Really enjoyed our stay at this property, with its Mediterranean-type feel.Name:  IMG_0901.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  285.6 KB
Attached Images   
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Massive remodel coming and the hotel will rebrand as the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort.

https://forimmediaterelease.net/hilt...-resort-14817/
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:10 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
It was already good every time Mrs 1P and I stayed there. We look forward to great things!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:58 pm

Tired property that desperately needs a remodel. Can almost guarantee that resort fees will roll out soon, continuing the rapid progression of junk fees.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Stopped by on our way up the coast right before Christmas - remodel still underway for lobby areas.

David

Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:13 pm
cjd

Now open as the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort. See:
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort
Moderators, please modify thread title.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Tired property that desperately needs a remodel. Can almost guarantee that resort fees will roll out soon, continuing the rapid progression of junk fees.
Checking availability now. Noticed the $25 resort fee immediately. 71,000 points for cheapest room 4 nights mid-week in June. Ouch.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Any Diamond experience since this property was rebranded?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Same question - any recent diamond experiences since the rebrand? Looking to book at stay in July 2019
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Staying here tonight. Diamond could be upgraded for free to a nicer room with view, or $80 for a junior suite. We chose the latter. The wait for the room to be ready was agonizing... waited until 4pm then was give the same room, why didn’t they give us before 4? The room is average, not good not bad. Resort has unbeatable location! Parking is $21, very easy.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Reviews on Yelp are a disaster for this place. It isn't just a couple of one offs either. They consistently get crapped on review after review. I have stayed here in the past, though it has been a few years, and found it acceptable. I am nervous about booking this place for the night next week...even as a diamond. Anybody have any recent feedback? Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Stayed one night there before Christmas.

I left a negative feedback in hilton's followup survey and the Director of Rooms contact me right after. Here is my comments to him. Sorry for my English(non-native speaker).

1. After booking the hotel, I emailed [email protected] on 12/4 asking if there is an exec lounge at this property but never heard anything back.
2. We were checking in around 4pm on a seemly not busy day. No mention of possible room upgrade, of cause no upgrade. I was given two bottle water at the front desk as one of my Diamond benefit. Putting the bottles in the room will be much nicer as I had to drag my two young kids and couple cases to the room.
3. Room is definitely not nice. stink smells, old/poorly maintained furnitures/beds. I am glad I only booked 1 night there. Dirty dishes from another room sitting in front of my door for a very long time.
4. We drove out around 5:15pm but I didn't bring my key with me and I wrongly thought that parking ticket with a magnetic strip is the one to use to open the gate. So finally I back out and went to the front desk while my wife and two kids were waiting in the car. I was the 3rd in the line but only 30 mins later I got a replacement key to get out the hotel. The line was 15+ long. I failed to feel any kind of sense of urgency from the 3 ladies working at the desk. I could hear people behind complaining the slowest checkin.

I didn't stay in a resort or luxury hotel, but a super busy days inn.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Thank you. I was afraid of this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:51 am
jxd

Stayed here early dec, the property wasn't very busy. Got upgraded to an ocean view room. Rooms are modern and service was pretty good. Wasn't a cheap property by any means. Only downside i could think of is the distance from the city centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.