Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2001, 6:22 pm
SDK
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Any comments?
Old Dec 13, 2001, 8:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here's a highly positive review on the Hilton Dubai Creek from BUSINESS TRAVELER, a well respected UK business travel magazine:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...tested.REF=167

I have stayed at neither hotel, but after next week, I will have an opinion on the Hilton Dubai Creek!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 3:08 am
SDK
Original Poster

That Great! I also at Dubai on this weekend.

As my wife prefer the room facing the sea than the Creek, so I have to stay at the Hilton Jumeirah.

Old Dec 17, 2001, 5:54 am

The Jumeirah is really great, I have been there twice this year: modern, clean, superb beach, very friendly staff - and I got a suite upgrade each time
The only thing I disliked is the choice of restaurants, but quality of food is very good.
Old Dec 18, 2001, 8:48 am
Community Director Emerita

I have now stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek and have one word: marvelous. The hotel faces a "creek" that is actually quite an active river. We were upgraded to a corner room, with floor to ceiling windows on two sides. It gave us a 270 degree view of the city and water.

The hotel is rather small, which I prefer - 140 rooms, I think. The executive lounge concierges - Christine and Christina - are marvelous. They are knowledgable, helpful, and solicitous.

The swimming pool is on the rooftop, with incredible day and night views.

The hotel was designed by the same architect as the Opera in Paris. It is very contempoary, yet restful.

It is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport, so is great for those late arriving or early departing flights.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 5:29 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Jumeriah, without a doubt> The Dewputy Manager will organise hookers for Diamond Memebers - I am not joking.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 2:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Hilton HHonors Properties in Dubai

A mate and i are going to see the Dubai Rugby sevens the first week in December. Can anyone give us some feedback on the hotels there? I have reserved a 4 night PS award (54000pts)at the Jumeirah Beach Hilton but on Hilton.com i could get it for Ł100 a night. Would you recommend there or the downtown hotel? A UK travel firm are doing packages to the tournament and it is based at the Beach hotel so it must be nearer.

Alan

HH Diamond.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Abu Dhabi - Dubai

I am planning a 2 city visit next year

Any advice on how I can best get between the 2 Hiltons?

[This message has been edited by martinrennard (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martinrennard:
I am planning a 2 city visit next year

Any advice on how I can best get between the 2 Hiltons?

[This message has been edited by martinrennard (edited 10-08-2003).]
</font>
I would think they'll supply you with a Hotel car but check the price first. I've caught a cab from Hilton Dubai Creek to Abu Dhabi Airport late at night and the cost was around 200dhs or 40 GBP. Travel time was about 90 mins as I recall.

Nigel

Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dubai Hilton......Which One Do you Prefer?

I snagged 2 ff business class tickets to Dubai (I finally got really lucky) and will be vacationing there 2 weeks in Jan 05. It appears there are 2 Hiltons, the Hilton Dubai Creek and the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah. Both appear to have executive lounges, restaurants, high speed internet etc. I will probably stay 8 days in one and 6 days in the other unless one is so superior and nice.

Which one is the more upscale hotel? I assume Diamonds will be upgraded to the executive level or perhaps a suite (yeah, right!). Do either still offer comp airport transportation as my airplane gets in at midnight? Search results are few and are conlicting.

MisterNice
Old Dec 19, 2004, 1:11 am

I was at the Hilton Jumeirah 3 weeks ago.
I booked a deluxe room at the executive floor and was upgraded to a suite (as a gold member). Otherwise the hotel was fully booked.
The hotel, the suite and the executive lounge were really nice, with a nice beach where swimming was a pleasure. But...
A lot of construction is behind the hotel (behind most hotels at Jumeirah Beach), because of the developement of "Jumeirah Beach Residence" for about 40 000 people.
There was no noise in my suite, as long as the windows were closed, but sitting on the balcony was no fun.
The hotel offers only comp airport transportation if you have booked a room at the executive floor. The driver waits for you and brings you to the hotel in about 30 minutes (maybe less at midnight).

The Hilton at Dubai Creek is in the middle of town, not really a vocation hotel.
There is no construction around, good for visits to the creek and souks and shopping malls. I never stayed there, so can not comment about the hotel.
It is not so far from the airport, taxi costs less than 10$US.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by MisterNice
I snagged 2 ff business class tickets to Dubai (I finally got really lucky) and will be vacationing there 2 weeks in Jan 05. It appears there are 2 Hiltons, the Hilton Dubai Creek and the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah. Both appear to have executive lounges, restaurants, high speed internet etc. I will probably stay 8 days in one and 6 days in the other unless one is so superior and nice.

Which one is the more upscale hotel? I assume Diamonds will be upgraded to the executive level or perhaps a suite (yeah, right!). Do either still offer comp airport transportation as my airplane gets in at midnight? Search results are few and are conlicting.

MisterNice

I've stayed at both numerous times over the past 3 years, the Hilton Dubai Creek is more of a business Hotel but I stay there for a few days before heading out to Jumeirah. It's a cracking Hotel, all glass and steel with stunning views from the rooftop pool and the same view from the Executive plus rooms across the creek and on towards the the financial centre and out to Jumeirah.

I've always got upgraded as Gold, to the exec floor if I book a deluxe and to an exec plus if I book an exec room. One bonus as far as I'm concerned is that I've never been charged for room service breakfast there, even if I've been given access to the executive lounge, saved me a fortune. Pig out on anything you want ^ . It is busier now it's more established and the pool area isn't that big so it can get busy, it's within walking distance of the Gold Souk ( if you don't mind the heat ) and of course it's just across the road from the Creek so you can stroll along there and get an Abra to the other side.

As for the Hilton Jumeirah, it's more of a tourist hotel, decent restaurants and plenty of water sports but there is a HUGE amount of construction going on around there. Noise isn't an issue on the beach but it can be on your balcony, make sure you request a room poolside, apart from being a bit quieter you can see the Jumeirah Palm taking shape.

Again I've always got upgraded as Gold apart from once last September when the World bank was meeting in Dubai, I did fax them about this when I returned and on my next visit I was greeted by the operations manager and given a suite, which to be honest wasn't all that special but a nice touch. I've never used the exec lounge there apart from checking in but you have views over the new marina and of course the construction work.

As for transportation the Dubai Creek did once send a driver to meet me at the Airport even though I hadn't requested it, the only problem being I had flown into Abu Dhabi ( cheaper fares ) and had no idea someone was waiting for me at DXB until I got to the Hotel. I've never bothered since as taxis are cheap and plentiful, there is a shuttle bus which runs between the 2 Hotels and if you're staying at one you get to use the facilities at the other. You'll even bump into the same staff somedays as the Hotels are run by the same group.

So if you prefer the Dubai Creek ( more upscale ) you can always travel out to the Hilton Jumeirah for the beach.

All in all I've been happy in both places although the rooms in the Dubai Creek haven't always been clean the last 2 times there. You didn't say which weeks in January you're going but bear in mind the shopping festiaval is on around that time so they could both be busy.

Have fun, I always do
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:05 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Both have their plus points...

MisterNice,

As beergut has put it, you should certainly consider both as options.

We tend to prefer the Jumeirah for most of the time in Dubai, as it has some great restaurants, and the Exec lounge and staff are one of the best we have ever stayed in ! Great food, wine, and a good size ... The beach is an obvious plus also, and yes, the construction can be a bit obtrusive, but not a major pain ...

The Creek is nice for a few days, maybe towards the end of your vacation. It is closer to all the places of interest, and also has some good food options in the hotel ...

The only things that irritate me about the Creek are the small unpleasant Exec lounge, and the crowded roof-top pool - it tends to fill up rather quickly, is small and only has about 20 beds in total. The view from there is excellent though ...

Pls feel free to PM me if you want to ask specific questions, as, like beergut, I have stayed at both a number of times in the past few years ...

Regards,

John P.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, United Permier, USAir Silver, Emirates Silver, Qatar Gold
I stayed at the Hilton Jumeriah in the month of april this year, and was upgraded to a corner suite as a diamond. The room was excellent and had a decent executive lounge.
Seems Hilton Jumeriah is catered more towards tourists, than its Creek counterpart. The beach was nice and clean, and like everyone who noted this previously, there is a lot of construction going on that area. There isn't much too see out in that area too much, other than the beach and a couple of malls (mercato, etc).
After looking at these posts, I think I'll try Hilton Creek next time I go there - which won't be too long ... A great place, frendly people, and a nice mix of east and west.
Best of luck, and have fun!
Old Dec 20, 2004, 5:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Ditto to all comments regarding construction noise at Jumeirah. OK at the beach but noisy on the balconies.

It was worse when they were banging in the foundations but now that they are working on the towers it is not too bad.

Call the Creek before hand and they do free limo transfers for Diamonds but not sure about Golds.

Jumeirah used to provide a free limo but as commented it is now only for PAID stays on the Exec Floor.

I was there early December and got a Junior suite as Diamond.

PM me for any more info.

Cheers

Alan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.