Are Honors certificates re-depositable?

Old Dec 14, 01, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Los Altos, CA -- UA 1P / Priority Club Platinum Ambassador / Hyatt GP Platinum / Avis Presidents Club
Are Honors certificates re-depositable?

I'm about to make my first redemption of HHonors points (60K for three nights in the Conrad London and 15K for one night in the Hilton Schiphol Amsterdam). I've reserved the rooms and was told I need to go to the website and redeem points to print out the appropriate certificates. If I do this now and then end up finding a great rate elsewhere, or for some other reason not redeeming the cerfiticates, can I re-deposit them back into my account?

Thanks!

Bill
Old Dec 14, 01, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yes! No penalty or fee whatsoever.

You need to mail back to the service center.
Old Dec 14, 01, 11:39 pm

chix is right...There is no fee or penalty to redeposit an unused certificate. Just don't expect the points to be credited overnight. I'm still waiting on points to credit from a certificate that I redeposited over three weeks ago.
Old Dec 17, 01, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Now that you can issue your own certs online, I make the award reservation and then wait until right before the stay to issue/print the cert. Reduces my chances of needing to re-deposit if plans change.
Old Dec 17, 01, 5:29 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
From the HHonors Terms and Conditions:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Redeposited rewards must be accompanied by a US$25 payment for processing (Gold and Diamond VIP Members are exempt from US$25 processing charge)
</font>
[This message has been edited by PG (edited 12-17-2001).]

Search this Thread