Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock {US-TX}

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock {US-TX}

Old Dec 9, 01, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock {US-TX}

Just moved from the dump at Homestead.

Has anyone stayed here before? I am check-in later today wondering what a Diamond should expect...I'll update this thread after I checked in and see what kind of treatment I got.

------------------
Regards,

Al
Old Dec 9, 01, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Well...just checked in at the this property. Noticed that the breakfast here is almost 7 bucks and continental breakfast 6. No breakfast coupons were given, no upgrades were given. I asked if my HH number was on file, they said yes...i guess they didn't take my hint...
Old Dec 9, 01, 6:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by afang:
i guess they didn't take my hint...</font>
Any particular reason you chose to give hints instead of being direct and requesting your breakfast coupons? And most Garden Inns have either very limited or non-existent upgrade options (not that you are entitled to an upgrade in the first place - read carefully Diamond Benefits rules).

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 12-09-2001).]
Old Dec 9, 01, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Eugene
I didn't ask for cooupons because I thought this is something that would be given to me without me asking them.

And I have read the rules carefully, unfortunately, Hilton Garden Inn is not in the rules...

------------------
Regards,

Al
Old Dec 9, 01, 6:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by afang:
I didn't ask for cooupons because I thought this is something that would be given to me without me asking them. </font>
That would've been great if you received them without asking, but don't you agree that a simple reminder at check-in would've worked much, much better in terms of getting what you're due?

And I have read the rules carefully, unfortunately, Hilton Garden Inn is not in the rules...</font>
That's not how I read it (and it has been confirmed by several HHonors CSR's). Hilton Garden Inns are under the same rules in terms of Gold/Diamond benefits as other Hilton hotels (the same way Club Doubletrees are covered by the rules for all Doubletree hotels). And the rules say (I quote): "At hotels without a Towers or Executive Level, Diamond VIPs will receive complimentary continental breakfast.". No mention of an upgrade. HGI's don't have a Tower or Executive level...

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 12-09-2001).]
Old Dec 9, 01, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for replying so quickly eugene.

I will ask the front desk when i go downstairs. I thought about Hilton Garden Inn cold be falling under Hilton as well... I guess i'll print the rules out for them.

And Tower? I am on the 3rd floor the tallest floor here, I guess that counts as Tower
Old Dec 9, 01, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Nice lady downstairs offered me breakfast coupons and a certificate for 2 free bottled sodas from their little store.

She apologized for not giving me these things earlier and explained that the guy was very new and did not know that I was Diamond.

She also said she would have upgraded me to a larger room, I guess one of those corner room, but they were not avaliable.

Old Dec 10, 01, 1:02 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Executive Platinum, DL Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
Now, if you can only figure out how to get them to give you dinner at Chuys!

SteveH
Old Dec 10, 01, 3:55 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA PLT 2.8MM+ (life PLT); IHG PLT Ambassador; UA Gold
Is the Chuys there open now?
Old Dec 10, 01, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 330CiC:
Now, if you can only figure out how to get them to give you dinner at Chuys!

SteveH
</font>

It's not open yet. Chuys was closed at the 183 as well for some strange reason.
Old Dec 11, 01, 2:18 pm

there is another chuys at braker lane and lamar blvd. if you are way up in round rock though, which to me is akin to dallas, it can be a lousy drive, especially if 35 is backed up, which it always is.

keep in mind, chuys is TERRIBLE at hhonoring diamond benefits, so be sure to have a copy of the rules with you.
Old Dec 11, 01, 5:09 pm

Ok, we are getting off topic here, but what the hey. I like Baby Acapulcos better, or as we say Baby A's. A new one is opening on Ih35 in Pflugerville/N Austin. Even better, they are opening a Krispy Kream soon in Round Rock.

That would be where you would whant the HH breakfest coupons for, or Round Rock Doughnuts.

------------------
axicano= A Chicano
Austin,TX Live Music Capitol of the World
Old Dec 11, 01, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

I dont' mind driving that much...I-35 in the morning to Downtown can be a little annoying, but coming from DFW and Houston...I think I am well trained

Chuy is open tonight!

Back to topic: Not alot of people here...not sure if this place is even half full! They have left a letter on my bed today saying that they are very happy to have me here and if i needed anything else feel free to give them a call. Yes one of those letters.
Old Dec 12, 01, 12:19 am
Original Member

afang: Off topic again, but . . . Forget the Krispy Kreme doughnuts -- head into old downtown Round Rock and try some of the "Round Rock Specials" at Lone Star Bakery (just off Hwy. 620 east, also known as Main Street, behind the First Baptist Church). They are probably different than most doughnuts you've tried, so don't let the distinctive yellow color keep you from trying them!
While I'm off topic, go a little further down Main Street and try the Main Street Grill if you're tired of the chains. You may not get a world-class waiter, but the food is very good.
Old Dec 13, 01, 7:23 am

Location: Austin TX, AA Executive Platinum, DL Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">While I'm off topic, go a little further down Main Street and try the Main Street Grill if you're tired of the chains. You may not get a world-class waiter, but the food is very good.[/B]</font>
Not off topic at all - if someone is travelling to Dell/etc they certainly will want to know stuff like this...

Main St Grille - I've eaten there twice and the food (and service) were OUTSTANDING!

SteveH

Search this Thread