Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

Old Dec 7, 01, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

unbelievably there appear to be (3) DoubleTrees in Boise, ID...

anyone have a recommendation?

PS my business is not in Boise per se, but about 60 miles away, so access to downtown is not a big issue...
Old Dec 7, 01, 11:40 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Can't remember the exact name, but the one by the river is very nice. When I was Gold, they upgraded me to a great suite with a deck and patio chairs and lounge!
Old Dec 7, 01, 11:45 pm

Programs: AS Gold MVP; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold. Marriott Platinum
I recently stayed at 2 of the Doubletree's in Boise on consecutive nights (EWRDC promotion!)
First night was at Doubletree Club - very new and modern, good attention to detail by staff. Great Mexican restuaurant (with wonderful margaritas) just 50yds from front door.
Second night was at Doubletree Riverside, as I was gold I was upgraded (without asking to a deluxe suite, big enough to entertain a large group in, and a sunken spa as well. Complimentary breakfast voucher to the excellent breakfast buffet.

My vote is for the Riverside....

Dont forget both have warm chocolate chip cookies!!
Old Dec 8, 01, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
I don't remember which one I stayed at but it was downtown. It was BAD, what appeared to be an old Red Lion as it has that bad RL rustic look. I was too tired to argue as I got in at 1am after AA/DL lost my bag, and had to be dressed again by 7am. But if I had paid more than the $35 I did using Priceline, I'd have been upset.
Old Jul 27, 04, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Hilton HHonors Properties in Boise

There seem to be quite a few to choose from. Am trying to get my stay count up so I may go to more than one. Any recommendations on where to go and where to avoid? Older posts suggest that there are some really good places and at least one that's very bad, except it's not entirely clear which is which.

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 04, 3:22 pm

I like the HGI Boise Spectrum. Nice little pub & BBQ joint next door. New hotel, good staff. Stay there about 3-4x a year. Pretty convenient to the airport, too.
Old Jul 27, 04, 3:36 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
I agree with the HGI. Stay away from the Doubletree Riverside. They have given me the room key to occupied rooms several times...
Old Jul 27, 04, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had great stays at the Doubletree Riverside. Given a suite and breakfast and paper without asking. Even waived the early checkout fee when I finished my job a day early. Nice to be a Diamond. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Old Jul 28, 04, 12:36 am

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
I was also Diamond when I stayed with them. I just was given the keys (3 times in 2 stays) to occupied rooms and my room key was given to another guest once in those same 2 stays. So, to me, the hotel is not secure...
Old Jul 28, 04, 12:57 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Double Tree Riverside is good. I have been given great upgrades every time I stay there. The HGI is OK, it's an HGI.

We have all been given the key to an occupied room at some time, especially if you are Diamond (more hotel stays). I say, "so what?" Mistakes are made. BTW, I never had this prblem at the DTR in my six stays.
Old Jul 28, 04, 2:15 am

I agree that mistakes are made, but 3 times in 2 stays??? I am a female traveling alone and these types of mistakes in this quantity can spell disaster. And someone using a key to my room at 2 am???
Old Jul 28, 04, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is one reason why I always use the deadbolt and chain and put the do not disturb sign out. Even if the key works they can't get in and sometimes it is just a mistake and they are at the wrong door.
Old Jul 28, 04, 12:36 pm

Fortunately, my locks were on as I sleep in the nude!
Old Jul 28, 04, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Thanks for all the info--I will keep in mind. Does anyone have any experience with the Doubletree Club on Park Center blvd?
Old Jul 28, 04, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Lpas
Thanks for all the info--I will keep in mind. Does anyone have any experience with the Doubletree Club on Park Center blvd?
I never stayed there. But, I had lunch next door. It looks decent and is next to a good restaurant/bar that is right on the river.

Search this Thread