Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:02 pm
Original Member

I have been staying in Boise at the Hilton properties for the past few months, here is a summary.

HGI Spectrum -- Have not stayed, but have not heard bad things about.
HGI Eagle -- Basically new, next door is a restaurant/bar. Workout room is a little lacking.
DT Riverside -- Not bad, rooms are in the process of being remodeled in the complex, can be a maze to get to the room. Workout room is better than HGI Eagle but not much so. TV selection lacking a bit, i.e. no ESPN2 or CNBC. However it is close to downtown which is a plus.
DT Club -- Did not enjoy at all, and other co-workers that have stayed there have no positive comments and will not stay there again.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lpas
...there are some really good places and at least one that's very bad, except it's not entirely clear which is which.
Very bad one? I have no idea which one it might be. Hampton by the airport? But even that one is not too bad.
- DT Club has always been good to me: nice staff, good location, 24-hour Athletic Club is next door, many rooms are renovated. Breakfast is lacking though and there are not too many places close by for dinner
- DT Riverside is hit and miss in terms of room conditions. Nice setting though and breakfast is good.
- HGI Spectrum is very good

The bottom line, none of Boise Hiltons are "very bad", AFAIK. For a short stay, you can't go wrong with any of them.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by smooth
Very bad one? I have no idea which one it might be. Hampton by the airport? But even that one is not too bad.
- DT Club has always been good to me: nice staff, good location, 24-hour Athletic Club is next door, many rooms are renovated. Breakfast is lacking though and there are not too many places close by for dinner
- DT Riverside is hit and miss in terms of room conditions. Nice setting though and breakfast is good.
- HGI Spectrum is very good

The bottom line, none of Boise Hiltons are "very bad", AFAIK. For a short stay, you can't go wrong with any of them.
I agree with smooth.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
The "bad" property was a Doubletree and it was downtown, but from the post sounds as though it may have been sold and is now (or used to be?) a Red Lion?? Got this info from a 2001 post, so it may be out of date.

See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125181

and here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124943

Again, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like there are a lot more travelers to Boise than what I'd have originally guessed!
Old Jul 28, 2004, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Lpas
The "bad" property was a Doubletree and it was downtown, but from the post sounds as though it may have been sold and is now (or used to be?) a Red Lion?? Got this info from a 2001 post, so it may be out of date.

See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125181

and here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124943

Again, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like there are a lot more travelers to Boise than what I'd have originally guessed!
Yes, you are right. I stayed at this property just before it became a Red Lion.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:02 am

The HGI in Eagle is the nicest HGI or Hampton I ever seen. Very new and like a fine lodge. Beautiful river in rear.
The restaurant next to it is superb. Has great outdoor area. It is one of three in US where in a restaurant a hard liquoir distillery is legally working. Splendid and reasonably priced food and drinks. Superb micro brew beers.Bardenay.com
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:03 am

Programs: Gold or Diamond everywhere. All done the easy way.
Originally Posted by debua1k
Fortunately, my locks were on as I sleep in the nude!

maybe it wasn't an accident
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Downtown Boise Hotel Advice

I did a search but the comments I found were dated from 2001, 2003 or 2004. What Hilton properties would you recommend? Most of my meetings will be in the downtown area and at Boise State, with one day in Nampa or Meridian. I think overall a downtown location would be best, but I guess I could change hotels during the week. Thanks in advance for some updated advice!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The closest to downtown is the Doubletree Club. It is ... errr ... ummm .... dated. One night is okay at a good price, but after that the dreariness factor kicks in.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The closest to downtown is the Doubletree Club. It is ... errr ... ummm .... dated. One night is okay at a good price, but after that the dreariness factor kicks in.
Thanks for the input, Points Scrounger. Unfortunately I need to spend the whole week somewhere in Boise. However, I will have a rental car. Other suggestions?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
DT Riverside seems like a no brainer

Since the Club seems I have to vote for the DT Riverside, which I'd give ^ ^ ^ .

I spent 2 nights there this past August, family in tow. As Gold on reward stay we were upgraded to a very nice semi-suite, which was bigger than a mini suite, with a wall but no door between the bedroom and living area, but not quite a full suite - though they do exist there.

The rear of the hotel (including my patio doors) has a pretty courtyard with pool which connects to the very nice riverside Greenbelt Trail. It is a long trail, extending in both directions and connecting you to downtown if you are inclined to walk (depending on distance, be sure to inquire). Immediately adjacent to the hotel on the trail is at least one restaurant, I want to say a Joe's Crab Shack or similar.

The rest of the property is very sprawling, like a 12 story high rise spread out in multpile two story buildings. The exterior front is bland (a parking lot on a busy highway) but the focus of the property is clearly the river amenities.

We also got the free breakfast and bottled water no problem.

Last edited by Rut Dog; Jan 19, 2006 at 3:53 pm
Old Jan 19, 2006, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The HGI Spectrum is kind of out-of-town near the main shopping center (I think it is), thus there's shopping/restaurants nearby. It's OK, but the Riverside sounds nicer. The Doubletree Club is also on the Riverside Trail (walk-able but kinda far), so the Riverside would be further from downtown. I'm planning on trying the Riverside for my next BOI mileage/mattress run.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Fairmont Premier
Smile Doubletree Boise-Riverside is my pick

I have stayed at the Doubletree Boise Riverside twice so far and will be staying there again in late May. We always reserve a basic room and am upgraded to a view of the river. There is never a problem driving from one side of town to the other (I think that rush hour lasts for about 15 minutes in Boise) and the hotel is close to the downtown area. I have never stayed at the Doubletree Club, however I have driven past the hotel and I don't think that the location is that great.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
love to travel, welcome to FlyerTalk and thanks for the comments!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA nobody, HH Silver, MR Gold
Boise Hiltons

I frequently travel to Boise on business and usually stay at the HGI -Spectrum. It's a newer property (4ish years old?) and the staff is very friendly. Good High speed access. As a HH Diamond I probably get upgraded to a suite there 20% of the time. Good breakfast for an HGI. Lastly the "spectrum" where it is located has alot of restuarants and a theater if your looking for something to do at night, all in easy walking distance ( Highly reccomend the Goodwood Barbecue restaurant - they also deliver to the HGI's rooms). Some of the execs I work with prefer the Grove downtown and whenever I have left the HGI to meet them there it was a quick 10 minute drive (It seems like everything in Boise is usually a 10 minute drive) so don't be put off by the location near the airport.

Avoid the DoubleTree club on Parkcenter - it is an absolute dump and it smells. Badly.

There is a very nice & new HGI in Eagle, but traffic into Downtown from Eagle can be rough - infrastructure has not ket up with the population growth so roads are jammed

Lastly, in a pinch, there is a brand new Hampton Inn off the freeway at Eagle road - I think it is technically in Meridian. 3 or 4 exits from the airport. I was forced to stay there once due to availability at the other HGI properties and was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the room & property was, although the free breakfast in the morning was not very good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.