Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Free HH Diamond Status for VA Velocity/Australia members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Virgin Australia today launched the first stage of its new Velocity frequent flyer program, offering Australians global coverage, exciting new partners and Australia’s best flight rewards and benefits.

As part of this new program, Virgin have created a new Platinum level of membership with exclusive benefits.

A defined benefit of Velocity Platinum is complimentary enrollment in HH at Diamond Elite level.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
And further dilution of the program. Lalalalalalala.

UTA
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by under the clocks
Virgin Australia today launched the first stage of its new Velocity frequent flyer program, offering Australians global coverage, exciting new partners and Australia’s best flight rewards and benefits.

As part of this new program, Virgin have created a new Platinum level of membership with exclusive benefits.

A defined benefit of Velocity Platinum is complimentary enrollment in HH at Diamond Elite level.

OP, are you purposely looking to tease FTers on the HH forum? The title should say something like, "Complimentary HH Diamond Elite Status for VA Velocity members". You're going to get a ton of folks clicking the thread and it won't pertain to the majority of them.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
And further dilution of the program. Lalalalalalala.

UTA
I wouldn't worry too much about this. It's only Platinum VA Velocity members. There surely can't be THAT many of them.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, US Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by javacodeguy
I wouldn't worry too much about this. It's only Platinum VA Velocity members. There surely can't be THAT many of them.
That's not the point, you don't gift top tier status to another program unless at bare minimum there's some recipicole benefit to the HH members even then it's just a dilution at the top tier of what's suppose to be a loyalty program.

This is the published benefit from the Velocity Site (for Gold and Plat Level) -
Complimentary Elite membership with IHG’s Priority Club® Rewards or Hilton HHonors™ program.

Access to membership into the Gold or Platinum Elite tier of IHG’s Priority Club® Rewards or the Gold or Diamond Elite tier of the Hilton HHonors™ program
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MysteryEMT
That's not the point, you don't gift top tier status to another program unless at bare minimum there's some recipicole benefit to the HH members-
Agree, why should VA top tiers get top tier at Hilton and dilute our benefits when we get no airline beneftis with VA at all being top tier with Hilton?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Agree, why should VA top tiers get top tier at Hilton and dilute our benefits when we get no airline beneftis with VA at all being top tier with Hilton?
Indeed. This is right in line with spending $40K/year on the Amex Hilton Surpass.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is anyone not surprised? Haven't we said time and time again HH is following DL's lead. What's not to say they will continue to devalue Diamond, and then introduce a new tier with the diamond force giveback...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
"If you are an Australian resident, over the age of 18 and hold a status higher then entry level in another airline loyalty program*, you may be eligible for a status match."

So you can match just to get HHonors status...

I don't have a Australian adress
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
deleted

Last edited by Richard1148; Aug 27, 2011 at 7:40 pm
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by Ventus2
"If you are an Australian resident, over the age of 18 and hold a status higher then entry level in another airline loyalty program*, you may be eligible for a status match."

So you can match just to get HHonors status...

I don't have a Australian adress
That doesn't stop you changing your airline/HH profile addresses to somewhere in Australia, getting the status match, becoming HH diamond, and then changing them back VA would be none the wiser, and no one here would say anything, right??
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
If I opt-in (activate) the Hilton Diamond membership now, will that take me through until 3/2017, or do I need to wait until at least 1 April for validity to be that long?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have had Diamond via BA GGL for the last 3 years, I don't see the difference here.

It usually lasts almost 2 years before intervention is required to renew. The membership qualification year ends in December so you should be fine to get this now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.