Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Thanks.

Just called the WA property. Can walk to two courses and 10-15 hotel shuttle trip to the other three including PGA West.

Going in late April.
when you go call the bellman from your room they will send a golf cart to pick you up and take you anywhere on the property. its the same group that takes you to your room in the golf cart upon arrival.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
La Quinta is definitely the place to be. PGA West is amazing. Just don't go during the summer, as the heat is brutal.
Not as brutal as the prices are going to be in January.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any really good hotels in California?

Ones that you would live to stay in.

Essentially looking to plan a 50th birthday trip.

Not too keen on Las Vegas though - have no desire to visit there.....
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:17 pm

I like the Hilton Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley in California for the setting; the hotel itself and elite treatment isn't great, but, if you like mountains and trees, it's sure pleasant. There are undoubtedly better hotels (just wait for the posts!), but I can't afford them.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any really good hotels in California?

Ones that you would live to stay in.

Essentially looking to plan a 50th birthday trip.

Not too keen on Las Vegas though - have no desire to visit there.....
Hmmm, when did Las Vegas move to California?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Hilton San Diego Gaslamp District

I did a three night stay there during a vacation last summer.

In a word, outstanding. It's contemporary with a kind of hotel within a hotel. Great location. Fabulous concierge. One of the City center Hilton's I would gladly burn points to be there. ^
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta and Hilton Diamond
SoCal Hilton property near beach

I'm planning a trip to DinseyLand with the family and would like to do the beach for a few days after. I would be great if we could find a property between OC and San Diego near the beach. My daughter can spend hours in the pool and looking for shells. So far I've found the Waterfront Resort in Newport, the Doubletree Resort at Doheny Beach, and the Cape Rey Hilton in Carlsbad.

Anybody have any positive of negative experiences with any of these?

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:53 am

Do you mean Huntington Beach? If so, I've heard good things about The Waterfront. While I've never stayed there, I know the area and like the location. And if you think for any reason (restaurants, etc.) you might want to pop back into the greater LA area during any of these days, that is at least doable from there.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Hi,

Do a search of the Doubletree Resort at Doheny Beach. There is lots of details on it. It is one of my favorite's (and my nieces all time fave), but has some quirks. It may tick all your boxes; pool, near beach, suites, kid friendly, ect....
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Hilton Del Mar
Hilton Torrey Pines

both are close to the ocean (not exactly ocean front but very close to it)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by LongingForORD
Do a search of the Doubletree Resort at Doheny Beach. There is lots of details on it. It is one of my favorite's (and my nieces all time fave), but has some quirks. It may tick all your boxes; pool, near beach, suites, kid friendly, ect....
The Hilton Waterfront is my favorite (and I have it booked for 10 days next month.) I always have a wonderful stay and often wonder what would happen if I just refused to ever check out.

But the DT does look very nice ^ ^ and I may have to give it a try. An ocean view room is a lot cheaper, and the parking charge is significantly less exorbitant.

I wonder if they give Diamonds a full breakfast, or if there is an upcharge for a hot breakfast.

David
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I stayed last month with the kids at Hilton Del Mar and it was very good. The pool is very nice, kids had lots of fun there. Breakfast in the lounge is like everywhere else in US, however you can pay only 8$ upgrade fee and get a full breakfast in the restaurant, very nice. Hotel has free shuttle to the beach, which otherwise is about 1 mile away.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I would definitely recommend Huntington Beach, great staff and a lovely property. The town is a nice place too. We did the drive from here to Disney and it was very easy.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
We have stayed at DT Doheny. We loved it. Good ocean views, small hotel, hot buffet for breakfast, friendly staff. If you are willing to walk 1/4 to 1/2 mile, there is free parking. ��
We were upgraded to a lovely suite with a private balcony, living room, and a large bathroom with separate tub and shower. Husband is diamond.
In fact we loved Dana Point so much, we moved here 4 months later.

Last edited by chica; Apr 19, 2016 at 3:30 pm Reason: Spelling
Old May 7, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Thinking about going to Desert Trip in Cali in Oct. every Hilton sold out

Every hilton is SRO for 60 miles around with this diamond benefit can I really book a room at one even though they are all sold out?

48-HOUR ROOM GUARANTEE

Need a room at the last minute? You are guaranteed a room when you make a reservation at least 48 hours prior to your arrival

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.