Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Arrow Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-airport-hotel

The above link is about the new on-site Sofitel, but also mentions in the first paragraph that "Travelodge has recently opened a 295-room property just west of the new terminal. Hilton will follow suit in 2010"

This is the first I've heard of this, and couldn't find anything in this forum by searching.

Does anyone have any more details ?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
This is the first time I hear of this, as currently the Hilton Heathrow is advertising how they will have a free and frequent shuttle service from the hotel to T-5 when it opens. Keep us posted if any FTers receive further confirmation. The exisitng property is quite nice, a newer Hilton, might be even better....

Thanks for sharing this article!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Question

Wonder if this will be a HGI, and they'll keep the HH? Or, it would be an ideal location to promote the Hampton brand on that side of the pond. Great news, in the event.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Heathrow T5 Hilton Underway

http://www.bflmagazine.co.uk/show-ar...6465782E617370

A NEW Hilton International 350-bed conference hotel has started on site at Heathrow’s Terminal 5 with the main contractors Sisk, EPR Architects and Tonik Design.

Due to its extensive landscaped areas and existing river feature, it is anticipated that the new hotel would appeal to the domestic market as well as airport and conference users.

The development of the site is based on a mature consent and will provide fine dining restaurants and bar areas within a six-storey internal atrium and conference and leisure space within the wings of the hotel.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. Wonder if this is in addition to the Hilton at T4 or replacing the Hilton at T4.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
Heathrow term 5

I thought I read somewhere that Hilton were building a brand new hotel at London heathrow terminal five but I can't find it anywhere.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Yes, they are. It was actually started over 10 yrs ago, but put on hold due to economic climate. Construction is in full swing now and exterior is almost finished. No definitive opening date but it will be in time for the Olympics.

Here's some burb:

A new Hilton International 350 bed conference hotel has just started on site with the main contractors Sisk, EPR Architects and Tonik Design.

This will be a unique airport hotel due to its extensive landscaped areas, with existing river feature, which make the location not just suitable for the Terminal 5 Airport / Conference users, but also a destination location for the domestic market.

The architecture uses traditional materials of brick, stone and tile, which are appropriate for the landscape surroundings.

The development of the site is based on a mature consent and will provide fine dining restaurants and bar areas within an exciting 6 storey internal atrium with conference and leisure space within the wings of the hotel.

Last edited by tkflyer; Jan 18, 2011 at 7:41 am
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Good catch. I had no idea this was in the works.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:46 am

Found an artists impression and can confirm it looks like the real deal.

Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
As I much prefer on airport hotels to those near the airport, how far is this going to be from the terminals?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by tenmoc
As I much prefer on airport hotels to those near the airport, how far is this going to be from the terminals?
It will be in Poyle and not walkable from T5 since that's the other side of the M25 freeway.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:34 am

It's just round the corner (3/4 mile) from the T5 Travelodge, going towards Colnbrook, so may be served by the same expensive Hoppa.

There is a Thai, Indian and Italian all within walking distance.

The other hilton is conected to T5.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tkflyer
It's just round the corner (3/4 mile) from the T5 Travelodge, going towards Colnbrook, so may be served by the same expensive Hoppa.

There is a Thai, Indian and Italian all within walking distance.

The other hilton is conected to T5.
Its actually connected to T4 (but they do a free shuttle bus to and from T5).
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:33 pm

Sorry yes, absolutely right.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It doesn't appear that the T-5 Hilton is replacing the old T-4 Hilton - they are both available. Well, the T-5 is available "This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival September 14, 2011 and beyond." We've booked it for two stays in October when we will be using T-5 and leaving some "buffer" time for connecting flights (making BA SFO-LHR-SFO and LHR-ATH, adding MK MLA-LHR made the trip ~$1,000 cheaper).

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Poyle Road Colnbrook SL3 0FF, United Kingdom
Telephone 44 1753 686860
  • Just minutes from Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 – connected by regular bus transfers
  • 30 minutes from central London by train
  • Executive Lounge and business centre
  • 24 Fitness Centre and luxury Spa with sauna

(Claim is Hotel Hoppa bus or hotel shuttle available, iirc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.