Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Recent Diamond Stay

Just to add a recent review, stayed here at Easter and it measured up to my usual solid experiences.

We stayed for one night on a Ł119 park and fly rate (booked direct with Hilton), during a time where parking alone was tricky to find at LHR for less than Ł100+ so it was a very good price. I made the mistake of parking 'under' the building for the first time ever as there was a nice safe spot right at the front, won't do that again as there seemed to be some sort of air con dust stuff all over the car when we returned.

Welcomed back as Diamond at check in, upgrade had already been shown on the app, and indeed confirmed at check in that we were in a King Exec room, a small bottle of wine and chocolates awaited in the room. We didn't really use the lounge on this trip but enjoyed complimentary full breakfast in the restaurant knowing that that wouldn't happen at any of the multiple US Hiltons we were departing towards that morning!!

I agree with Wizla this has one of the best leisure facilities at a UK Hilton (not sure if I rank it below Ageas Bowl but I'll agreed they're the top 2!).

We had a B2B at the start of our Ex-EU trip so parked at the hotel in the morning, went off to Europe and back, stayed the night at the hotel and then went off to the US for the 'main' part of the holiday. A park and fly rate doesn't include the hoppa here, my usual strategy (especially with 2 of us) is to use Uber across the terminal (usually cheaper than 2 singles on the bus) and then bus back from the terminal - Uber drivers have to pay various charges to wait and pickup at the terminal so it's at least 2 or more times the price to travel back.

Shall return again, when prices are steep I tend to look towards the HGI or Syon Park but otherwise this is my go to for LHR.
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dax1956
How difficult is it to get a cab or uber from this hotel to terminal five please?
It's not difficult to get a Uber, it's just a bit of a flap for a short ride, so the drivers aren't so keen on it during busy times. Uber gives instructions on the meet up point in the carpark when you book. From the hotel it's easier (and I have noticed that flight deck crew staying at the hotel tend to do this). Personally I use either the public service bus if I'm in one of my anti Hoppa moods, and that may involve a short walk from the Holiday Inn Express. Or even walk the whole way.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Redacted.

Last edited by anabolism; May 9, 2019 at 5:15 pm
Old May 9, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Thanks everyone, I have decided to stay at the Hilton at terminal four, even though i am flying out of terminal five.

Last edited by Dax1956; May 9, 2019 at 12:50 am Reason: Missed out a word
Old May 17, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Thanks everyone, I have decided to stay at the Hilton at terminal four, even though i am flying out of terminal five.
Had to cancel the stay at Heathrow Hilton Heathrow terminal four, because I didn't get an answer to my three emails I sent regarding a rollaway bed.
so can anyone help me with getting to the hilton heathrow terminal five once exiting the hex at terminal five please? Or would it be quicker to get to the hotel from either terminal two or three? Thanks much appreciated.

Last edited by Dax1956; May 17, 2019 at 2:20 am
Old May 17, 2019, 3:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Had to cancel the stay at Heathrow Hilton Heathrow terminal four, because I didn't get an answer to my three emails I sent regarding a rollaway bed.
so can anyone help me with getting to the hilton heathrow terminal five once exiting the hex at terminal five please? Or would it be quicker to get to the hotel from either terminal two or three? Thanks much appreciated.

You can take the HOPPA bus, from the bus station just outside arrivals, every 30 minutes from memory, here is timetable H57. I dont like Hoppa though unreliable and turn up when they want.

https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/media/1..._timetable.pdf

You can arrange taxi via the hotel, or UBER
Old May 17, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I've had poor success getting them to reply to email, so I usually call instead (using Google Hangouts or Skype).
Old May 18, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by gav0106
You can take the HOPPA bus, from the bus station just outside arrivals, every 30 minutes from memory, here is timetable H57. I dont like Hoppa though unreliable and turn up when they want.

https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/media/1..._timetable.pdf

You can arrange taxi via the hotel, or UBER
I was just at The Hilton T5 and IF I recall correcly the hotel was advertising 15Ł for car pickup from T5.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Another excellent stay

Hi,

My mother and I had an excellent stay here before our flight to Toronto. It was reasonably priced at GBP 101 per night ( the hilton garden inns were at GBP 170) . Public transport options are not the best so we booked a taxi. Travelling with my mother we would probably chosen to take a taxi regardless of the hotel as I would have 2 large suitcases to help my mother. On my own I might have considered T4 but arriving quite late ( 930pm at LHR T5 it was nice to have the taxi waiting and head straight to the hotel arriving in a few minutes and even having time for a quick cup of tea in the lounge as it closes at 11pm- I loved the cinnamon tea which was sweet and refresshing plus there were some crisps and boiled sweets)

I had booked a taxi via the concierge and it was waiting for us after arriving from Edinburgh. We were both upgraded to an executive room and in each room there was a bar of Montezuma's chocolate and a half bottle of chilean red wine ( very drinkable) together with slippers and bathrobes .As my mother does not drink, I took both bottles of wine with me to Toronto and drank some each day in the Toronto Hilton rooms before going to the lounge ( honor bar system in the EL) so it saved a bit of money,

Breakfast in the lounge was good with views of windsor castle in the distance.

We went for a walk around the small river running outside the hotel and mum was surprised at how low the aircraft landing apparently were and was impressed by the hotel soundprofing ( did not hear a thing in our rooms)

The gym was good also ( did not try the therapy pool)

Regards

TBS
Abidjan and wizla like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 6, 2019 at 5:04 am
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Agree it is a nice hotel. The distance is the killer. While labeled LHR T5 it is the furthest hotel from airport served by bus. It's labeled LHR T5 because it's in the LHR T5 CARGO area. (Meaning where the warehouses are located) LHR T4 HILTON is closer and easier to get to.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agree it is a nice hotel. The distance is the killer. While labeled LHR T5 it is the furthest hotel from airport served by bus. It's labeled LHR T5 because it's in the LHR T5 CARGO area. (Meaning where the warehouses are located) LHR T4 HILTON is closer and easier to get to.
This is the odd thing, in actual fact the T5 hotel is closer to T5 than the T4 one. There are plenty of other hotels served by bus from T5 which are an even longer trip.

However I fully agree the public transport options going to the former put me off, and it is easier to get to the T4 one instead. That is the reason I never stay at the T5 hotel too.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:59 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is it served by real TFL buses or just the rip-off Hoppa ones?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think it is only the hoppa buses. There may be a tfl route on the road outside the hotel but not sure .

Regards

TBS

PS according to the tfl route planner there seems to be the bus 81 from Poyle road outside the hotel changing to the 423 at the Heathrow Park Thistle

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 6, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think it is only the hoppa buses. There may be a tfl route on the road outside the hotel but not sure .

Regards

TBS

PS accroding to the tfl route planner there seems to be the bus 81 from Poyle road outside the hotel changing to the 423 at the Heathrow Park Thistle
I think you can get some of the slough buses to the Hilton T5 - is it 15 or 7? They aren’t Tfl so presumably not free though.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
They aren’t Tfl so presumably not free though.
Correct and you can't use Oysters on them either, but they do take contactless cards. The timetable is worse than hourly. So while I will take these services if the planets line up, and there is TFL service if you are prepared to change buses, in reality Hoppas or Ubers are your better bet. So my take on this hotel is that I won't use it for late night arrivals + early departures, but if I have a longer night stay, say early evening to mid morning, then this hotel is a good option even factoring the transport hassles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.