Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agree it is a nice hotel. The distance is the killer. While labeled LHR T5 it is the furthest hotel from airport served by bus. It's labeled LHR T5 because it's in the LHR T5 CARGO area. (Meaning where the warehouses are located) LHR T4 HILTON is closer and easier to get to.
I've enjoyed my stays, and the rooms are definitely larger and more modern than those at the Hilton Heathrow T4, but the hassle of the busses (plus the fact that they aren't free) puts me off. When the hotel first opened, they had their own shuttle busses, but they stopped that (they said Heathrow forced them to stop), and after a few times using the Hoppa, I went back to the T4 and have used them ever since. Free train to T4, then a walk in the tube, beats the Hoppa busses for me, every time.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:29 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Stayed here for first time a few weeks back as it was much cheaper than T4 Hilton & I was flying from T5 (although its nowhere near!

Its OK but I still much prefer Hilton T4. Rooms there are more contemporary/pleasing (although much smaller) & overall I much prefer location, ambiance & facilities at T4.

As for calling this place Hilton T5 - what the ****?!!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Hhonors Diamond
A new low - this hotel no longer provides any hot canapés or spirits in its executive lounge at the weekend.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Tat28
A new low - this hotel no longer provides any hot canapés or spirits in its executive lounge at the weekend.
Bad news - hopefully a report or two on tripadvisor to complain will be posted - not sure they will read anything else.

Cut backs all over the place........
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:48 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Wow - that's a shocker -another reason not to stay here @:-)
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Lots of complaints last night from most of the room and someone was sent up to field customers’ complaints. (I don’t believe she was very senior.)

A number of people took photos of the empty hot food containers which had been covered with a white serviette each and looked, well, quite pathetic.

The only food was tuna sandwiches or cucumber sandwiches. That was it.

The message this sends to customers was of very unsubtle cheap, penny pinching. The most upset were those without status who had paid for entry, quite understandably.

Personally, I will simply move to T4.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Wow that is poor!

Even though I usually arrive after the evening snacks and drink service finishes this sends out a poor message ( I was grateful that the lounge was open till 11pm so we could have a cup of tea on arrival before getting ready for bed)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
Stayed here for first time a few weeks back as it was much cheaper than T4 Hilton & I was flying from T5 (although its nowhere near!

Its OK but I still much prefer Hilton T4. Rooms there are more contemporary/pleasing (although much smaller) & overall I much prefer location, ambiance & facilities at T4.

As for calling this place Hilton T5 - what the ****?!!
I just don't get in what world the rooms at T4 could be better than those at T5, the T5 rooms (and bathrooms) are about twice the size, better laid out and with baths (not shower only, which is all you get at T4 even in their presidential suite). Even after the refurb at T4 the rooms feel cell like and compromised. Only the Renaissance comes close amongst upper end full service hotels at LHR remotely similarly awful basic rooms.

I do quite like the T4 and if the poor lounge service at T5 continues then that is probably going to push more business there way but I don't like the gym there much and unless you get a suite the rooms are unacceptable at the price point compared to the very good competition.

I think bars and restaurants are a wash at both properties and if you are travelling with any luggage you probably need an uber to reach both too.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I just don't get in what world the rooms at T4 could be better than those at T5, the T5 rooms (and bathrooms) are about twice the size, better laid out and with baths (not shower only, which is all you get at T4 even in their presidential suite). Even after the refurb at T4 the rooms feel cell like and compromised. Only the Renaissance comes close amongst upper end full service hotels at LHR remotely similarly awful basic rooms.

I do quite like the T4 and if the poor lounge service at T5 continues then that is probably going to push more business there way but I don't like the gym there much and unless you get a suite the rooms are unacceptable at the price point compared to the very good competition.

I think bars and restaurants are a wash at both properties and if you are travelling with any luggage you probably need an uber to reach both too.
I don't disagree, although I believe half the T4 rooms have tub/shower combos and the other half have showers only. Personally, I much prefer the shower only rooms. I dislike the awkwardness of stepping high up while wet to get out of the tub after a shower.

Also, it's been years since I stayed at the T5, but my recollection is that they had a quite good Indian restaurant.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:41 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

I already acknowledged that the rooms at T4 are smaller & it simply is not an issue for me - I prefer them. I don't give a stuff about a bath & much prefer a proper show stall than stepping over a bath tub to shower.

I believe that the location of the T5 (LOL) hotel is crap. I don't take checked luggage to London & never will, so again T4 works best for me whatever Terminal I use.

I much prefer the Chinese restaurant at T4 & Mrs NoY does not eat Indian food, so again T5 loses for me once again.

The lounge at T5 is ok - it did have a good food spread but the room space itself I didn't like at all.

T4 will always get my business unless the price point puts me off, although the money is not really a concern (it's the principle). In which case I will most likely use HGI Hatton Cross or the Premier Inn T4.
jerry a. laska and :D! like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
I always enjoy reading people's perspectives and take the points into consideration.

FWIW, I prefer the T5 as an actual hotel...I'm always treated well and it's one of the few hotels where I have had 100% upgrade success rate.
The one obvious minus is the location, but it still works for me when I have T5 flights...
Unfortunately, I have a regular flight that used to be T5, but now in T3...As such, I moved my stays for those flights to the T4 location.
Whilst the location is better, I don't like the rooms as much and there's just something lacking for me. Having said that, I do enjoy stretching
my legs and walking to the terminal when time permits.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:27 am
cjd

Had the same problem at the Hilton Wembley in August. No hot food in the Exec lounge during the week and the waitress just looked surprised when queried it! Looks like there's a lot of cost cutting going on at some of the hotels. Complete opposite at Hilton Heathrow T4 recently. They seem to change the hot food selection in the lounge each day. Had some very tasty and obviously very popular bbq ribs one night and they were replenished as the evening went on. Also noted drinks and food available 6 to 8.30pm in the lounge at that Hilton.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
They do things right in the T4 lounge, for sure. Great/timely service keeps the selection well-stocked.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MoodyB
I always enjoy reading people's perspectives and take the points into consideration.

FWIW, I prefer the T5 as an actual hotel...I'm always treated well and it's one of the few hotels where I have had 100% upgrade success rate.
The one obvious minus is the location, but it still works for me when I have T5 flights...
Unfortunately, I have a regular flight that used to be T5, but now in T3...As such, I moved my stays for those flights to the T4 location.
Whilst the location is better, I don't like the rooms as much and there's just something lacking for me. Having said that, I do enjoy stretching
my legs and walking to the terminal when time permits.
I think the location is somewhat relative. I would actively avoid taking public transport as it's awful even with just carry on and a 10 minute walk each way up a grim corridor after ascending several floors is far from convenient. I tend to choose places that I want to stay at within reasonable proximity and get a car to the terminal for convenience so the T5 location has never really been much of an issue for me. In the same way that my favourite LHR property the Sheraton Skyline or even the CP LHR aren't an issue either.

I know that not everyone thinks this way but I prefer the convenience of staying where I want and taking cars to compromising where I stay based upon location alone and thus avoiding long walks or awful bus or tube rides.

Luckily I like the Indian food at Madhus and Mr T's Kitchen (a rarity in being really Indian rather than Bangladeshi) as much as I do the Chinese food at Zen as fortunately does Mrs LoM when we stay together
MoodyB likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 2:41 pm

Hil all

I have a stay in October at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.

However, I just checked and the hotel is no longer selling any rooms for the whole of October. It looks like the hotel might be close closed for the whole of October meaning my stay won’t happen - it is currently closed for September too by the looks of it. I still need to stay in London for this one night though. Will the hotel be able to honor my stay at another LHR or London hotel at all?

The prices for the night I'm looking at are more expensive than the price I have for this hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.