Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 {GBR}

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 {GBR}

Old Aug 11, 18, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Silver, BMI Silver, SPG, Hyatt Plat + Various Others
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Can someone let me know whether the lounge is accessible all day (for those authorized to enter) or only during breakfast/tea/drinks times? I like to pop in occasionally for a coffee or a soda. Thanks.

Acces all day, soft drink/Nespresso machine. Fruit and snacks as well
Old Aug 11, 18, 1:49 pm

Thanks for reassuring responses.
Old Aug 11, 18, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I was checking it out for a overnight stay on the 30th November prior to getting a flight on 1st Dec but surprisingly it is sold out already ( may be a convention /christmas or wedding) so booked the HGI for only 60.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 8, 18, 8:18 am

Programs: hilton
Heathrow T5 parking - price promise match price

I am confused can anyone please enlighten me

Holiday extras can offer me 22 days parking and a room for the night at Hilton Heathrow T5

I messaged online Hilton bookings and they tell me the price is more as I would need to pay for the extra weeks parking but can't give me a price for it, however he told me ( Axel ) that if I take a screen shot of the other deal to the hotel and I fill in a claim form prior to doing this they will match this deal and give me 25% off the booking.

How does this sound other than complicated ??

I am confused
Old Sep 8, 18, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond and lots more....
Have you tried asking the hotel directly to quote?

They might do you a deal.

Bear in mind that there is a private operator who does parking in the same car park - the parking might be with them.
Old Sep 8, 18, 10:17 am

Programs: hilton
Hi GG

That is a good idea I will email them now
Old Oct 13, 18, 10:14 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Gold, HH D, BA Silver
Stayed this last week for a last minute one night stay. Used points and cash to reduce cash outlay and as it was a last minute decision. (late arrival into Heathrow and not wanting to drive several hours back home still after a long day). I had booked using the app about 4 hours before I arrived and had checked in online as well once this became possible.

I chose this hotel instead of the myriad others at LHR as it has a great breakfast and nice rooms (even basic ones) when the price is right (and I don't need to get back to LHR again due to it not being attached or within a few hundred meters of LHR). I seem to have booked two double beds instead of a single king when making the reward booking and assume that because of that I did not get an exec floor room or exec room (only real difference is the shower is separate instead of over the bath and the usual bathrobe/amenities in the room). Check in was friendly, quick and done well. Diamond recognised but subtle (asking how many bottles of water I would like as she couldn't or didn't put me in an exec room) and already coding the keys with the silver diamond colour so access to the lounge included obviously.

Parking here is always busy for a car as it is used as a LHR car park by third parties (as noted up thread), so I tend to park around back of the hotel as there is generally more / better spaces there than the ones out front that everyone see's when driving up and are tighter with more traffic coming and going. It does mean you end up walking a bit more to the front door if you are after hours but worth it for the peace of mind of a dinged door or scratches...During check-in mentioned I had a car and was given the new slip to use at the exit barrier without having to wait until the morning for it.

I did go to the ground floor bar after dropping my bag off (the only bar open after 11 PM) and it was busy with some people still celebrating after being in one of the meeting rooms. I had to swallow twice at the price of a pint at the bar (7.15 for a lager!) I needed a pint after hearing that price.

Breakfast was great and although I was quite late (for a weekday) all the items were still fresh and of a great quality. From the fresh smoothies / juices to barista coffees, from breads to hot cooked breakfast, this is one of my go to places for a good breakfast at a hotel. (shame it is so far away from the terminals and from London inner city but then it would be more expensive so balances out in the end!)

Check out was quick and smooth and I was on my way, relaxed after a good nights sleep and a great breakfast.

I'd definitely stay again, didn't use the wifi or the lounge this stay and unfortunately too late for the excellent Indian restaurant here (and no bathing suit for the spa...) but those have been talked about up thread and likely are still strong points of the hotel.

Safe travels.
Old Oct 13, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
It might be mentioned upthread but this place has a spectacular leisure centre. Beautiful pool, salt grotto, sauna, etc. The gym part of it is a solid B but the pool complex is an A+.
Old Oct 13, 18, 3:07 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul View Post
It might be mentioned upthread but this place has a spectacular leisure centre. Beautiful pool, salt grotto, sauna, etc. The gym part of it is a solid B but the pool complex is an A+.
Yes completely agree , the spa here is probably the 2nd best one I've been to in the uk ( Hilton ageas bowl takes the crown for those interested ) and the salt grotto is an incredibly rare addition for uk spas too so I'm lead to believe.......definitely worth packing swimwear!......hey botb, thanks for the report and the others.....enjoyed reading them! .

Last edited by wizla; Oct 13, 18 at 3:12 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 13, 18, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
What's a salt grotto? Is it just a salt-lined room, or is there more to it? Is there a charge for it?
Old Oct 14, 18, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
What's a salt grotto? Is it just a salt-lined room, or is there more to it? Is there a charge for it?
It's a Hungarian invention.......like a sauna but not as hot, you sit inside and relax , every 6 mins ( approximately) a very fine salt is blasted in from an airline in the ceiling......you breathe this in and its very good for the lungs and chest, clears toxins and breaks up mucus etc.
The one at T5 is free and part of the spa complex.......personally I didn't feel any benefits but I like the concept.
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by wizla View Post
It's a Hungarian invention.......like a sauna but not as hot, you sit inside and relax , every 6 mins ( approximately) a very fine salt is blasted in from an airline in the ceiling......you breathe this in and its very good for the lungs and chest, clears toxins and breaks up mucus etc.
The one at T5 is free and part of the spa complex.......personally I didn't feel any benefits but I like the concept.
Thanks for the explanation .

What does one wear in a salt grotto? Nude, towel, swimsuit, gym clothes, ... ?
Old Oct 16, 18, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Thanks for the explanation .

What does one wear in a salt grotto? Nude, towel, swimsuit, gym clothes, ... ?
In the uk one would wear a swimsuit or towel wrap, in Europe its quite common to go nude I'm lead to believe.
Old May 7, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
How difficult is it to get a cab or uber from this hotel to terminal five please?
Old May 7, 19, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dax1956 View Post
How difficult is it to get a cab or uber from this hotel to terminal five please?
Hi,

I got the concierge to book a car service from the hotel to t3 ( and to pick us up from t5 the night before to go to the hotel) with no problems or you could call a local minicab firm

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread