Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:07 am

Had another good stay this week. Used the Number 10 bus to get back to Heathrow T5, £2.20 single. Very quick service and picks up virtually at the end of the hotel entrance (slightly to the right). Discovered on the way back that there is a pedestrian entrance to the car park rather than having to walk up the hotel drive. The Golden Cross pub is currently shut, boarded up and scaffolded if anyone was thinking of using that in lieu of the hotel.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Curly
Had another good stay this week. Used the Number 10 bus to get back to Heathrow T5, £2.20 single.
The bus is free. Yes, you can pay with an Oyster or contactless card as the driver won't stop you, but equally as all buses in the Heathrow area are free you can just walk straight on without paying.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by navelfluff
The bus is free. Yes, you can pay with an Oyster or contactless card as the driver won't stop you, but equally as all buses in the Heathrow area are free you can just walk straight on without paying.
Scrub what I just said. Despite its proximity I don't think it is in the Heathrow Freeflow area. Apologies.

One map of the free buses - http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf
Another slightly differently presented map - http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...d_Heathrow.pdf

Last edited by navelfluff; Apr 23, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Definately not free. Also as it isn't a TfL bus I am not sure they take Oyster cards (?).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
They don't take Oyster, it's not free, but still inexpensive. It is once an hour, so watch that one, although you can obviously connect all over once at Terminal 5.
There are also occasional number 11 buses at peak times, but not many.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:17 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Scrub what I just said. Despite its proximity I don't think it is in the Heathrow Freeflow area. Apologies.

One map of the free buses - http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf
Another slightly differently presented map - http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...d_Heathrow.pdf
So, I would point out that both of those maps are a little out of date. As of 12/31/2016, the number 555 goes to T5 rather than Central Bus Station and T4. I'm not sure what (if any) other changes are missing.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Taxi from T4 to Hilton T5

Is there a problme gettig a taxi from T4 to hilton T5?
I remeber once reading that the drivers don't like it because the fare is too low.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually they have loved it for at least a decade, because if they get back to the queue within an hour they go to the front, so it is like found money for them.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Thank You, good to know!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any update on the Exec lounge evening offering here? Is it worth the Hoppa bus vs HGI Heathrow?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Gomac
Any update on the Exec lounge evening offering here? Is it worth the Hoppa bus vs HGI Heathrow?
So, when you say worth it.....kinda depends on the price you are paying. If the price for both properties is the same then I would take the T5 Hilton but usually the difference is pretty big so I just spend the difference in the bar/restaurant at the HGI.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got a stay here tomorrow. Only a few £ more than the HGI so thought I would try it out.

Any particular rooms have good views of planes? Always hard to tell from the room maps which way the hotel is facing etc.

Also as a Diamond, is it actually worth choosing a room now or just turn up on the chance I may get an upgrade?

Another thing. Is it possible to go for a run outside? Google maps seems to show fields, reservoirs and a quarry plus towns nearby but not sure how accessible some off road bits may be.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
If you're on the exec floor. I recommend 424. Although I believe the corridor that runs along the same wall as the lounge (for room map reference) have the best views on the left side of the corridor, if that makes sense? If my memory serves me correctly...others may have exact or better knowledge.

There are views of Windsor and the inbound or outbound aircraft. It's my favourite Heathrow hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I've got a stay here tomorrow. Only a few £ more than the HGI so thought I would try it out.

Any particular rooms have good views of planes? Always hard to tell from the room maps which way the hotel is facing etc.

Also as a Diamond, is it actually worth choosing a room now or just turn up on the chance I may get an upgrade?

Another thing. Is it possible to go for a run outside? Google maps seems to show fields, reservoirs and a quarry plus towns nearby but not sure how accessible some off road bits may be.
Hi Xenole

The upgrades come through late here. Normally around 9/10 on day of arrival. I alway wait to to do online check in before checking in. I always have been upgraded prior to arrival. 424 is good, but any room facing front or at end of building facing LHR. Always worth checking in am which way planes are landing.
I do a few runs round there. Head out of hotel, take a left, follow road through Colnbrook, then left onto Horton Road, along past reservoir, there is a small path through forest back near the main road at Poyle, thats around 7km. another way to go is right out of hotel, follow road towards LHR, opposite DHL there is path takes you under/over motorway, round past T5 and back over motorway to hotel, I would say again 8km approx.
Great gym there as well and very nice sauna/steam. Enjoy!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Got the message in the app about an upgrade early afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.