Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I still use the Hilton T4 for early UA flights since the move.
I do this as well. I walk over to T4 then take the free Heathrow Connect over to T123. It's a bit of a walk once arriving, but overall very easy.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG GLD, MR GLD
I'm booked at T5 for a night on June 26th before an early morning departure. I just learned my flight will depart out of T1. Any experience getting to T1 from the T5 Hilton? Would the T4 Property allow for quicker access to T1? I've only transited through LHR, never an overnight.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 {GBR}

If the Hoppa bus is running on time it's probably about the same. I've stayed both properties with early flights, although T4 mostly.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
With the Hilton T4 or Sofitel T5, you can walk to the airport and take the Tube or Heathrow express to move around to other terminals. It's a hike, but you don't have to rely on anyone or pay anyone. The other hotels require the Hoppa or public bus or taxi.

What I always do at these hotels is take the Hoppa to the hotel (when I'm not in a rush), but book a taxi for the return to the airport. At most any of these hotels you can ask the concierge to book a relatively cheap private car to take you directly to your terminal. Another hint is that you can also get a private car to take you from your hotel into London for much less than a normal taxi.
We have one night in London on the way home in Oct. Arriving T2 at 125 pm leave 10 am next day T3. We are thinking it makes more sense to stay at the airport and go into town for dinner and maybe theater. I remember having problems getting between terminals later at night. . What time lines and other public transportation modes do I need to be aware of getting back to this hotel. I know tube lines, but I've also taken the all night bus to get an early flight .
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
My choice would be Hilton T4, with a covered walkway to the terminal, where you find train and tube connections, Staff better trained and lounge with warmer staff attitude, better selections
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
If I take the Tube back to Heathrow what time does the connection between terminals close up. I believe it's earlier than the last tube stop. Is there a tube stop at T4? Or can I TA,keep london express
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Avoid Saturday nights

I wish I had. The service is really reduced on the weekends and it's hard to find something to eat. At the bar they told me that food orders were running 40 minutes late. There was an Indian wedding going on and they had a buffet in the Gallery restaurant, and it completely occupied the kitchen staff for the whole hotel, including room service. One of the staff took pity on me and said I could take the buffet too since the wedding guests had all eaten. But 17 pounds for veg only didn't appeal to me. Unfortunately I had arrived well after 8pm when the Exec lounge closes for food and alcohol. I asked about the other nearby pubs and restaurants and was told they were closing up because its slow for them on Saturday nights.

On the plus side I had time the next day to enjoy the excellent spa and hydro-massage pool, steam and sauna. For me that is the redeeming value of this hotel. And the cost was only 80 pounds for the room night under the Summer sale, so you get what you pay for I guess.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Avoid saturday night

+ 1. I can only stay in this hotel if it's a Saturday night because during the week the rates are too high for my place of employment. And, yes, many times there are wedding parties on Saturday nights. Twice my plane from GLA was delayed for 90 minutes and the only thing that I was worried about is if I would make it to the executive club on time. This hotel is great but get there before 8:00 PM on Saturday nights.

Stimpy, how late did you arrive in the hotel? I seem to recall that the pub nearby (Golden Cross) is open until 11:30 PM. Maybe it would be worth calling them directly to check if there are still open as sometimes hotels may give wrong information about places that are competing to their in-house restaurants.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jul 27, 2015 at 6:21 am Reason: Add question
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Stimpy, how late did you arrive in the hotel? I seem to recall that the pub nearby (Golden Cross) is open until 11:30 PM. Maybe it would be worth calling them directly to check if there are still open as sometimes hotels may give wrong information about places that are competing to their in-house restaurants.
If there is a next time, I'll keep this in mind. Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I was back again on a Saturday night, but this time it was not by choice. BA errors made me miss my connecting flight so they gave me a voucher and sent me on my way to the Hilton. This time I arrived early enough to enjoy the food and drink in the lounge. And that was a good thing because the dinner buffet was awful. I had two bites and left. There was another wedding going on, but not as big as my previous visit.

The good news is that the kind staff at this hotel gave me full Diamond privileges even on the BA voucher. Maybe I'll even get a stay credit and some points. We'll see.

The bad news was that my bags were somewhere with BA and I didn't have a swimsuit to enjoy the hydro massage in the pool.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Stayed here last night.

With the member sale I paid £87 ( non ref) and as a HH Gold I got upgraded to the executive floor ( 429) with lounge access

In the room there was bathrobes and slippers, 2 bottles of water and a welcome gift of a milk chocolate and ginger large chocolate square.

The dinner selection in the lounge was good ( few sandwiches, small chicken pieces on sticks , another hot option and cheese)

During the holiday period the lounge does not serve breakfast but instead you are invited to use the Gallery restaurant for a full breakfast buffet.

Fitness centre was good but the spa was closed last night.

Very good deal for £87

Enjoyed my stay.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Does anybody know if the HiltonLHRT5 offers breakfast in Lounge OR in main Restaurant for its Diamond guests ?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by geilux
Does anybody know if the HiltonLHRT5 offers breakfast in Lounge OR in main Restaurant for its Diamond guests ?
You have a choice, I always have it in the main restaurant as a Gold HH.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Great Stay

So as I enjoy wizla and maxandclaude2000 reveiws, I felt time I should add one ^

returned here last night Sunday 20th March, with wife, uncle and brother

Uncle and I were on £130 rates but changed to £87 in flash sale. Both of us are Diamond, brother has no membership. I send email to hotel couple days before,as we were dropping him and his new wife off at LHR, before honeymoon, they kindly upgraded them to exec room as well and lounge access.
Check in quick and painless, but do remember they charge £100 for extra's, which always seems a lot to me

We were all on 4th floor, rose petals on brothers room much to his annoyance

Uncle and I got 1/2 bottle read each, and full bar of chocolate, as I dont drink I donated both to the newly weds.

Went to lounge, 2 cakes out, fruit and creme brulee tart. They have some pretzels etc. Range of soft drinks and T/C

Off to spa. Not busy for once, great sauna, steam and rest

Dinner we all ate in main restaurant, nice menu but painfully slow service. Staff very apologetic and gave us extra free desserts, not that we needed them

Good quiet nights sleep and early breakfast in lounge, good selection of everything you need.

Parkin was £15 for the night, quick drive to Budget T5, 4th floor of short stay, so easy for hire car and they were off on honeymoon

Great value hotel, and having the spa and gym is a big plus, they also look after HH members ^

One strange thing I have never seen before, no Do Not Disturb sign, but this:

Anyone else had this before, maybe new
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Dear All

Please see a link to my latest review of the Hilton Terminal 5 Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26711458-post2.html

It is part of a wider trip report but I thought this section would be useful here.

Regards

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.