Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
But to do the chargeback the OP will need to identify the Hilton transactions that have not been refunded which the OP says he is unable to determine (and which card was used which the OP says he isn't sure of).
OP, did you save your email confirmations of your reservations?
Thanks for pointing that out.. I read it all too quickly!

OP do the reservations not appear under your cancelled reservations on the Hilton website?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Thanks for pointing that out.. I read it all too quickly!

OP do the reservations not appear under your cancelled reservations on the Hilton website?
no. They have disappeared
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
One way or another, OP will need to identify the transactions in order to be refunded.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
It looks like this property either is already re-opened, or will be soon. Does anyone have a definite date?

I have an overnight layover at LHR, arriving and departing from T5 (arrive around 8pm, leave about noon), and prices for the T4 and T5 Hiltons are about the same (the T2/T3 HGI about GBP 20 higher). Any reason why I should not take this property? I've heard you can walk to/from T5 from here.
The DoubleTree is GBP 30 less, but I've stayed there before...and would rather not again. It is a PITA to get to, and it is just an OK property.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by aztimm
It looks like this property either is already re-opened, or will be soon. Does anyone have a definite date?

I have an overnight layover at LHR, arriving and departing from T5 (arrive around 8pm, leave about noon), and prices for the T4 and T5 Hiltons are about the same (the T2/T3 HGI about GBP 20 higher). Any reason why I should not take this property? I've heard you can walk to/from T5 from here.
The DoubleTree is GBP 30 less, but I've stayed there before...and would rather not again. It is a PITA to get to, and it is just an OK property.
You can't walk to T5 from here. You will need a cab or the Hoppa bus.

If we are flying from T5 we will stay at Hilton T4.

​​​​​​
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
HT4 is easier to get to than HT5. I have walked to HT5 a few times, but it is considered a fairly eccentric thing to do - it's just over 1.5 miles. HT4 has a direct and regular bus service from T5, whereas it's a Hoppa or irregular public bus for HT5. The rooms are bigger and more modern in HT5, but they try harder in HT4 to look after their guests, notably in the executive lounge. If the price was the same I would go to HT4. The possible exception would be a late morning / lunch time departure from T5 when you can get that irregular public bus service or Uber fairly comfortably, just to take advantage of the better rooms in HT5. Early morning then it's definitely HT4.
Abidjan, aztimm and wizla like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
HT4 is easier to get to than HT5. I have walked to HT5 a few times, but it is considered a fairly eccentric thing to do - it's just over 1.5 miles. HT4 has a direct and regular bus service from T5, whereas it's a Hoppa or irregular public bus for HT5. The rooms are bigger and more modern in HT5, but they try harder in HT4 to look after their guests, notably in the executive lounge. If the price was the same I would go to HT4. The possible exception would be a late morning / lunch time departure from T5 when you can get that irregular public bus service or Uber fairly comfortably, just to take advantage of the better rooms in HT5. Early morning then it's definitely HT4.
Thanks for this. I was looking at the actual maps and suspected this might be the case. I'll book with Hilton T4 then.
This is for late October, so as a vaccinated traveler (perhaps even the booster by then) I shouldn't need to deal with testing for entry to the UK.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Strangely HT5 claims not to be opening until January 1st next year but it’s possible to book rooms way before then ( I tried a few days back ) …..website glitch I guess.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I'm at Hilton T5 tonight, apparently it only reopened yesterday. I decided on landing I couldn't be bothered waiting 25 mins for the next shuttle (H57 usually) and went for a cab which is just as well as (a) I managed to split the £25 cab fare with a couple of guys also coming in from INV and (b) the Hoppa isn't back to serving to Hilton T5 yet so I would have stood at the bus stop for 25 mins and then realised...

Reception is a little chaotic, slightly Fawlty Towers-esque but more due to frustration from the passengers - staff are valiantly doing their best. Was hoping for a curry at the Indian but that is closed - the modern European is the only restaurant open on M level. No Hoppa to LHR so you have to book a taxi service back to LHR (as it stands), reception will do that for you at check-in or whenever
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Looking at the Hilton T5 for the first time for a stay at the end of next month, but trying to decide if it's worth it (my regular go to is HGI Hatton Cross).

Land at 18:10 from NCL (potentially with a bag to collect), then fly at mid day the next day.
Given the lack of transport options to/from this hotel would I likely make it there in time for happy hour in the lounge (is it even open again yet?)?

Trying to decide if it's worth the premium just to check it out, for references prices are as follows:
T5 - £104
T4 - £97
HGI T2 - £117
HGI Hatton Cross - £68.
As you can see there is an uplift for all hotels over Hatton Cross.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Looking at the Hilton T5 for the first time for a stay at the end of next month, but trying to decide if it's worth it (my regular go to is HGI Hatton Cross).

Land at 18:10 from NCL (potentially with a bag to collect), then fly at mid day the next day.
Given the lack of transport options to/from this hotel would I likely make it there in time for happy hour in the lounge (is it even open again yet?)?

Trying to decide if it's worth the premium just to check it out, for references prices are as follows:
T5 - £104
T4 - £97
HGI T2 - £117
HGI Hatton Cross - £68.
hi

I would probably call the hotel for a number of a local taxi firm ( Windsor cars?) .it is about £20 each way iirc

The hotel site suggests the lounge is open ( not sure of the current offerings) but the fitness centre and pool is closed for maintenance during October as is mr todiwalas restaurant.
although I do like the t5 rooms I would probably not stay there with the closed fitness centre as I like to work out
I would probably go with the t4 hilton give your timings
I had a short overnight stay in heathrow in mid September so went with the hgi t2

Regards

Tbs
S_W_S likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 6, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
When I was looking last week there were some very attractive park, stay, fly rates here, with 15 days parking coming in at around £40 extra on top of the room rate.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

T5 - £104
T4 - £97
HGI T2 - £117
HGI Hatton Cross - £68.
There are public buses to the hotel, they just don't run very frequently OR on the services that do run frequently you have to change and walk from the Holiday Inn T5. A quick google at the time you get to the bus area will inform you whether to Hoppa (assuming they restart the service), to Hoppa to the HI, to take the 703 and walk a bit. But looking at those room rates, and I guess the DT would be cheaper still, you either go cheap or you take the luxury bit given you have a bit of time on your hands. I would actually be tempted by T5 - it's a fair rate - and look to going to the Punchbowl for a Thai meal.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
A belated thanks to both of you, it was most helpful.

I've stuck with the HGI this time (after much deliberation), as I know it well, it's a £1 tube fare each way (Railcard discount) and I don't have to rush from T5 to feel I'm getting the most of it with happy hour etc. I can get my bag off the NCL flight then go upstairs and do twilight check in to get everything in order the night before.

I do still want to try the Hilton T5 though as it looks lovely, but perhaps when I have more time to spare and when things are a bit more normal.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I do still want to try the Hilton T5 though as it looks lovely, but perhaps when I have more time to spare and when things are a bit more normal.
I think you have made the right call. The T5 Hilton is a new(ish) hotel with nice amenities, where i have had a few really nice stays in 2018-19. But it is definitely off the beaten path, and if the amenities aren't on offer i wouldn't do it.

Nest month for my first trip across in almost two years I think i am going to stay at the T4 Hilton for 3 nights as needing to be in the UB* postcode during the week, and the Park Lane for 3 nights, ham and egging it out to Hayes and Harlington on Friday
Abidjan, wizla and S_W_S like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.