Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Nice review, thanks ^
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Hi all,

Quick question as I'll be staying at the T5 Hilton at the end of July. Will be there with a large family group, and can see that there is a small pool/large jacuzzi (delete as appropriate!) in the spa - is access to this complimentary for guests or is there a charge?

Also does anyone know if there are restrictions on children using it?

Finally - dinner: Todiwala's kitchen, or walk up the road to the Punch Bowl for a Thai? Or something else?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Hi all,

Quick question as I'll be staying at the T5 Hilton at the end of July. Will be there with a large family group, and can see that there is a small pool/large jacuzzi (delete as appropriate!) in the spa - is access to this complimentary for guests or is there a charge?

Finally - dinner: Todiwala's kitchen, or walk up the road to the Punch Bowl for a Thai? Or something else?
I cannot comment on pool/jacuzzi which I have never used.
However, please do yourself a favour and dine at Todiwala's kitchen ! It's a must go, you will not be disappointed. Stunning place ^^
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hi all,

I'm fairly sure no kids are allowed in pool, it's more of a spa pool, very shallow and short with verious saunas and salt grottos around the side.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by geilux
I cannot comment on pool/jacuzzi which I have never used.
However, please do yourself a favour and dine at Todiwala's kitchen ! It's a must go, you will not be disappointed. Stunning place ^^
Thanks. I have met Cyrus before on my many visits to Cafe Spice Namaste, so I'm already a fan - if it's at least as good as that, then it will be hard to drag me away!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm fairly sure no kids are allowed in pool, it's more of a spa pool, very shallow and short with verious saunas and salt grottos around the side.
That would be my suspicion as well. Personally I'd quite like to use it, but my cherubs would be less than impressed if they were left out...
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
How I hate Hoppa!!

Okay in Wizla style a live update

Here for one night, Ł80 sale deal with 20% off F&B. Wife happy with the sauna .
Excellent hotel, upgrade to exec room, essential same room, but top floor (4th), in 424 end corridor along from lounge.

Arrived at 1507, took 01:10 from LHR T5, the 1401 Hoppa and the 1431 never turned up, I tweeted National Express, took An uber and have sent them the bill. 3rd time this has not happened the Hoppas are useless, never turn up, late, go wrong way. Most hotels you can survive on local bus, but here but further our and local bus not so often.

Anyway after that rant, arrived room not ready, told to have a seat, I had to prompt to get lounge access and enjoy some nice cake and coffee while we waited.

Room was ready around 1600. As always, 1/2 red wine, water and the nice British Chocolate Bar, this time Sticky Toffee, not had this before, just Eton Mess and Apple Crumble, so a new one to the addition, who needs Conrad Bears when you get chocolate collection

Down to spa, and gym. Gym busy so did few running laps then sauna steam, and Wizla unlike Canary Wharf this one is roasting!

Back in lounge now, they have chicken, some sort of potato and veg patties and sandwiches and cheese, becks beer, and red/white and spirits. Quiet at moment.

Gym in am and then good breakfast

Excellent deal at this price
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
Okay in Wizla style a live update

Here for one night, Ł80 sale deal with 20% off F&B. Wife happy with the sauna .
Excellent hotel, upgrade to exec room, essential same room, but top floor (4th), in 424 end corridor along from lounge.

Arrived at 1507, took 01:10 from LHR T5, the 1401 Hoppa and the 1431 never turned up, I tweeted National Express, took An uber and have sent them the bill. 3rd time this has not happened the Hoppas are useless, never turn up, late, go wrong way. Most hotels you can survive on local bus, but here but further our and local bus not so often.

Anyway after that rant, arrived room not ready, told to have a seat, I had to prompt to get lounge access and enjoy some nice cake and coffee while we waited.

Room was ready around 1600. As always, 1/2 red wine, water and the nice British Chocolate Bar, this time Sticky Toffee, not had this before, just Eton Mess and Apple Crumble, so a new one to the addition, who needs Conrad Bears when you get chocolate collection

Down to spa, and gym. Gym busy so did few running laps then sauna steam, and Wizla unlike Canary Wharf this one is roasting!

Back in lounge now, they have chicken, some sort of potato and veg patties and sandwiches and cheese, becks beer, and red/white and spirits. Quiet at moment.

Gym in am and then good breakfast

Excellent deal at this price
Haha, love your reporting style!...... Yes I loved the he spa here too, I love those water jet back massagers that point into the pool and the salt grotto too ( apparently very rare in the uk ), my lounge experience there was the worst ever with a drunk family throwing food about!........Ł80 a bargain, have fun.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Another solid stay. Arrived by bikes, after good cycle along the Thames Arrived at 1500, did online check in and chose 499, end corridor, this was upgrade. Room was nt ready offered another, but decided go to spa and clean up while wait for room.
Spa busy but not too bad, sauna and steam as hot as ever
After, room ready, dropped off bits and went to lounge, nice coffee and excellent cakes
We then cycled over to Thistle to meet friend and sit out on Terrace watching planes take off in the sun.
Missed evening drinks in lounge, straight to dinner, fish and chips + thai green curry good and spicy. Very very good sticky toffee pudding, they have a very good pastry chef here!

Morning, and went to lounge for coffee before breakfast, they were changing fruit of month from bananas to blueberries. At breakfast I saw for the first time, the full calender of fruit of the month dont see this in all hotels!

Breakfast good, but a mess! Large groups in, and always never butter or salt or pepper on the tables. Muffins here are not good. I did see through my work that the Nutella Muffins came from Brakes Frozen goods! If anyone wants I can source them

Ohhh and chocolate and wine in room, they really look after Diamonds here, love this hotel.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
Another solid stay. Arrived by bikes, after good cycle along the Thames Arrived at 1500, did online check in and chose 499, end corridor, this was upgrade. Room was nt ready offered another, but decided go to spa and clean up while wait for room.
Spa busy but not too bad, sauna and steam as hot as ever
After, room ready, dropped off bits and went to lounge, nice coffee and excellent cakes
We then cycled over to Thistle to meet friend and sit out on Terrace watching planes take off in the sun.
Missed evening drinks in lounge, straight to dinner, fish and chips + thai green curry good and spicy. Very very good sticky toffee pudding, they have a very good pastry chef here!

Morning, and went to lounge for coffee before breakfast, they were changing fruit of month from bananas to blueberries. At breakfast I saw for the first time, the full calender of fruit of the month dont see this in all hotels!

Breakfast good, but a mess! Large groups in, and always never butter or salt or pepper on the tables. Muffins here are not good. I did see through my work that the Nutella Muffins came from Brakes Frozen goods! If anyone wants I can source them

Ohhh and chocolate and wine in room, they really look after Diamonds here, love this hotel.
Im glad you are having a good stay, they looked after me too last October, wine and chocolate in room, oh and a birthday cake made from towels
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Dan Air lifetime Gold
Does anyone have any up to date times when food is available in the Executive Lounge in the evenings please
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

Too late for you, but the T4 Hilton has a small pool that almost always has children romping around in and around it. They seem to supply various pool accouterments for kids (tubes, wings, etc.)
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:48 am

Hilton Heathrow T5 - poor show

No cakes or breakfast in the Exective Lounge the night before Christmas Eve - very disappointed.
coukd have told me in the spam pre-check in text you sent me - will stay in the Sofitel next time
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:10 am

No tea bags or milk in the lounge
oh dear, Merry Christmas
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:12 am

I hope you pull through.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.