Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by chad3
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Hi, as a gold am I likely to be upgraded to an Exec room? thanks
good chance
And even if you don't get upgraded they typically give you access to the lounge.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: Mucci! (and BA Gold, HH Dia etc.)
Originally Posted by obs
Fantastic.. Thanks I will use it next month for sure. Do I just ask reception to book it or is there a number to call as I would use it on my return?
call reception - the concierge desk will arrange it
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: Mucci! (and BA Gold, HH Dia etc.)
Originally Posted by Firewind
I suppose, relatively speaking, this is ^ ^ ^. But this whole set up is so unique among airport Hiltons, that I wonder why it is.
(Iwas told) Hilton LHR T4 has a legacy agreement that says they can run their own shuttle. Hilton T5 apparently asked to do the same but were refused permission by Heathrow as they had already promised that National Express could make a pigs ear of it. Unfortunately, at Heathrow, this is the situation, it's outwith Hilton's control and it won't change imminently
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:54 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chad3
(Iwas told) Hilton LHR T4 has a legacy agreement that says they can run their own shuttle. Hilton T5 apparently asked to do the same but were refused permission by Heathrow as they had already promised that National Express could make a pigs ear of it. Unfortunately, at Heathrow, this is the situation, it's outwith Hilton's control and it won't change imminently
The obvious solution is for the T5 Hilton to contract with the T4 Hilton to include the T5 Hilton (and T5) on their shuttle runs.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by stc
The obvious solution is for the T5 Hilton to contract with the T4 Hilton to include the T5 Hilton (and T5) on their shuttle runs.
Too late I'm afraid. I think that I have read in the T4 Hilton thread that their shuttle service will be discontinued.
In any case, I doubt that the airport operator would have allowed this.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks, gents. Seemed like either a formal or informal stricture, again because it doesn't seem to make obvious sense. Shame about the T4 one, though less impactful w/r/t the trek, I reckon.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
I booked myself into a guest room. Was a short stay and found the way to the very good. I booked the Hoppa service (for the first and last time) and the hotel itself looks magnificent. As my BA plane was delayed due to the other emergency that day I only spent 4.5 hours in the room.

The room was spaceous and needless to say maintained to a high level. The bathroom certainly was great with the colours (it was my first Hilton stay) and the service was impeccable. Including the friendly staff and the possibility to order food well past lunch hours.

A word why I wouldn't want to take the Hoppa again. If my plane is delayed I'd be stranded without travel. The bus and the driver were friendly. I just want to have flexibility and not to be buying a ticket online an then find no bus to take me to the hotel. Also, call me a bit peckish, is that it stops at the Travellodge and it can get crowded. So te limousine service is an option I'd rather consider the next time than the bus.

From what I'd see the bars looked nice. Cocktails are at a reasonable rate (if you know what a cocktail will set you back) and all was well. Will certainly book again with Hilton. After coming from Premier Inns etc. the Hilton T5 was a treat.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if they block the hotels from sale on third party websites on certain dates?

Reason being is that I am trying to book a room here for 27/12/2013 for 1 night via Hotels.com (earning the 10% quidco cash back rate). There are rooms for the 26th for 1 night which makes me believe that they do not block sale but simply are just fully booked? (I currently hold a refundable booking for this hotel but would like to "lock it in" by booking a non-refundable rate).

/AE
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:58 am

Hilton T5

Trying myself in writing a review about my short stay at the Hilton Terminal 5. This is my second stay at this hotel which I booked via British Airways. The room itself was a standard room with breakfast included.

As usual the service started nicely with a warm reception and upon explaining that I couldn't book the room directly via the hotel I was being asked if I wasn't a member of the HONOURS program. I confirmed that and the points should go onto my account. wasn't expecting that as it was booked via BA.

The room features a combo shower / bath and the rest was pretty standard. More than enough for me. The highlight for me was dinner at the Mezzanine restaurant, after having a Daiquiri which was the perfect start to my evening. Despite travelling alone I decided to not order room service and enjoyed watching some people and the food. Spectacular describes it the best. I went with the farmhouse terrine as a starter and moved on to roasted Aylesbury duck breast before having a destructed blueberry cheese cake. The taste was spot on and i washed the feast down with a double espresso.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard to what I've seen and eaten in many hotels. Enjoyed some sausages, scrambled eggs (not so good), cold cuts like ham and Salami and some rice puffs Plenty of orange juice and a bit if coffee finished that. Before heading out now I enjoyed some T-bone steak with pepper corn sauce. The capucchino is lovely.

All staff made me felt welcome and the parking ticket (after some initial confusion) was sorted pretty quickly. Oh and by the way. I've seen some spectacular departures right over the hotel. Unbelievably I didn't hear anything inside!

A splendid stay all around and certainly not my last one.

If there're any spelling errors I apologise. I'm typing this on my BlackBerry Z10.

Edit: To accompany my duck breast I ordered Stoneburn white wine. Was exquisit to say the least.

Last edited by crisdean; Jun 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:21 pm

I was very pleasantly surprised when I stayed there a couple of weeks back. Echo your thoughts on the mezz restaurant - arrived pretty late and still got a well cooked meal with good service.

Tip for getting to or from the airport is to use the private hire cars from the number on the hotels website - costs a tenner compared to four each on the airport bus so unless you are travelling alone is worth it. Black cabs form normal rank charge some ridiculous fee - possibly £50 despite it being 10 mins max door to door.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
I stayed here in late December with my daughters and found the staff to be very wecloming and helpful. I was on the 50% off 'thank you' rate and got my room for £35! The manager on reception couldn't quite believe the price, but still provided a nice upgrade, sent a load of free drinks to the room in recognition of my Diamond status and arranged a birthday cake for my daughter, as it was her 16th that day, depsite us arriving at the hotel at 11.30pm. The room itself was standard executive, but very nice, partly because it was brand new and also because it had a stylish, modern feel to it. Breakfast was also lovely and, again, the staff very extremely helpful and pleasant. I'd definitely stay there again....
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Jaggy Bunnet
I was very pleasantly surprised when I stayed there a couple of weeks back. Echo your thoughts on the mezz restaurant - arrived pretty late and still got a well cooked meal with good service.

Tip for getting to or from the airport is to use the private hire cars from the number on the hotels website - costs a tenner compared to four each on the airport bus so unless you are travelling alone is worth it. Black cabs form normal rank charge some ridiculous fee - possibly £50 despite it being 10 mins max door to door.
The staff are all very nice and if it's too late you can order room service, which I usually do late at night but that's the top hotels who offer you so good service that you're sad to leave. With regards to the taxis yes I know there's not real money for them to make and the chauffeur drive is the option to go for if you don't hire a car yourself. Haven't used the service yet.

Would anyone know if they drove one into London as well? For a fee of course. I for some reason don't like public transport.

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I stayed here in late December with my daughters and found the staff to be very wecloming and helpful. I was on the 50% off 'thank you' rate and got my room for £35! The manager on reception couldn't quite believe the price, but still provided a nice upgrade, sent a load of free drinks to the room in recognition of my Diamond status and arranged a birthday cake for my daughter, as it was her 16th that day, depsite us arriving at the hotel at 11.30pm. The room itself was standard executive, but very nice, partly because it was brand new and also because it had a stylish, modern feel to it. Breakfast was also lovely and, again, the staff very extremely helpful and pleasant. I'd definitely stay there again....

Wow that sounds pretty amazing Filthy Monkey! The only think that I fault is that they called it the Heathrow T5 as it's not in or as close to T5 as the Sofitel. But that's just me cherry picking.

With regards to the breakfast I've to say that the Mezz is truly a nice place to eat and the offer of breakfast things is amazing. The only thing that I found a bit sub par was the scrambled eggs. Apart from that, and especially the cold cuts were delicious. Hope I'll make it to diamond one day. ^
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I've had two stays here recently and thought it only fair to say that I was upgraded both times from a standard room to exec floor room both times. ^

I also received a nice bottle of wine and chocolate bar in the room and there was water as well. ^

The food and service has been excellent.

Just thought it fair to say that my previous review must have been a one off and due to the last minute booking, since that time I've stayed a few times and it has been exemplary each time from the moment I have walked in.

Well done.^

Even the room rates are very good compared to the other options in this quality class. ^
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
I've had two stays here recently and thought it only fair to say that I was upgraded both times from a standard room to exec floor room both times. ^

I also received a nice bottle of wine and chocolate bar in the room and there was water as well. ^

Just thought it fair to say that my previous review must have been a one off and due to the last minute booking, since that time I've stayed a few times and it has been exemplary each time from the moment I have walked in.

Well done.^

Even the room rates are very good compared to the other options in this quality class. ^
That sounds good mate, may try this place sometime, was at Hilton wembley last week (see my review)....was treated like a king!^
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BotB

Well done.^

Thanks BotB! Got a stay here on Friday night for an early Saturday morning flight and I was hoping for an exec upgrade from my standard room! Got a good rate on the Great Getaway too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.