Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Have you considered Embassy Suites at Logan?
Showing 2-Room Suite available next week at 10k more per night than Hampton.
Better location and much nicer property. I have stayed in both.
BTW, are you traveling from UK? How many in your party? What days in Boston?
Have a great trip and make sure you walk the Freedom Trail!
I think he said he was already stretching to take the Hampton over Dedham - I've been in that position of not a zillion points available so I know what it's like, you have to make compromises. As long as he doesn't go in with any unrealistic expectations of the industrial nature of the area around the Hampton I think he made the right choice.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Yep, I have changed the reservation to the Hampton. I like the idea of the easy shuttle from the airport, some beaches nearby etc at the Hampton, and we do tend to use public transport so it seems to be easier.
Skimanant, can we please get an update on your visit?

Impressions of:
Hampton Inn at Logan Airport?
Revere Beach?
Public transportation from Hampton to Boston city center?

Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Skimanant, can we please get an update on your visit?

Impressions of:
Hampton Inn at Logan Airport?
Revere Beach?
Public transportation from Hampton to Boston city center?

Thanks
I stayed at this Hampton Inn in late July.
The property is very nice but for the price I would have expected more. Rooms were standard size. I had a room on the 2nd floor and was not bothered by noise from the outside. They were however bad at fulfilling the Hhonors benefits at check in and I couldn't even receive my drinks/snacks as they had run out, no mention on flipping it to points.

I have to say it was pretty easy to get to and from downtown Boston. The shuttle from the hotel goes to the airport or to the T-line station Wood Island where you can take the blue line towards Boston. Takes 15-20 minutes from hotel door to downtown.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Quick update, detail to follow. Went for the Hampton, very pleased with choice. Have had five great days in Boston, wonderful city and want to return!
I did look at the embassy, but it wouldn,t let me reserve room type on points. Hampton shuttle drops off at blue line t, so easy in/ out of centre for us.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Upgraded to 4th floor suite, from double double room, good view to Boston skyline/ along river, also lorry depot so maybe higher would have been better but still great and appreciated. Room was large- efficient a/c- and a fridge/ kitchenette- the fridge was a godsend! Massive comfy bed. Also an extra bed was put in, and it suited the three of us very well.

Staff very friendly on arrival (points booking as above), normally around $200 night this time of year which I feel is upper end, but decent on points. Breakfast was good, actually better than the doubletree I am currently in, couple of different hot items each day including omelets, as well as waffles. Hotel was quite busy, but also quite quiet.

It is easy to get around, and there are some money saving ways. Downtown is actually free if you get hotel shuttle to the airport, and then the free silverline bus. Shuttle runs every 15 mins to any airport terminal and local Blue Line T. You do need to call it though to come back. We bought a week pass for local transport ($21), well worth it for a longer stop. Got the shuttle to the T, went to Boston/ JFK UMass/ Revere Beach etc. T was frequent, about every 10 mins. We then got back to Beachmont station. You can then get a bus to near the hotel, or walk, felt quite safe, and can go via the liquor store/ supermarket if you want.

Worked well for us, very convenient for airport, and Boston is a lovely city. Very pleased with hotel, and definitely the right decision to be further in. Liked the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Recommend getting a boat on the Charles River- amazing!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm so happy it worked out so well! I am so glad you did not choose to stay out in Dedham without a car - it would have been awful!

Was Revere Beach a disappointment or OK? It's certainly not the Cape, but it is the ocean hitting the sand, so by all definitions a "beach".

And what kind of boat did you take on the Charles? I used to sail there when I was a teen, it might be fun to take my husband out on the river - (Love that Dirty Water...) - for those that are old enough to remember that song.

I take it you are now at the DT at Newark Airport? How is that working for you to get back and forth to New York? (usually not recommended, but I understand the savings vs. a Manhattan hotel).
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:35 pm

liked Revere a lot, but we did have great weather for it. I admit it's not the Bahamas, but it was surprisingly good and seems to be on the up. Just pedal boats on the Charles river, but it's great, very much like Boston. The staff in the
Hampton just wanted to help all the time, they were great.
I will put a separate review for Doubletree Newark, from a hotel point of view I nearly put a complaint to Hilton, but this seems to have been rectified today. Staff don't seem very bothered, apart from a couple of guys, but more in correct thread. Journey in/ out is fairly easy, once you know how!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.