Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Being very familiar with both the Hong Kong and Singapore Conrads I have always found it a bit surprising that the SIN Conrad has such a better selection of wines and bubbles vs. HKG given the vast cost difference the SIN Conrad has to pay for the supplies due to local taxes vs. HKG. One would think that the competitive conditions would be close to same, so something that I'm not aware of must be in play.
SIN Conrad is the only Conrad I know that has an almost "all-day" open bar, although selection is being cut down with liquor available only during cocktail hour. The property must have found drinks to be a big enough pull to have people staying in rooms with Exec Lounge access hence the better attention to selection ?

HKG Conrad feels quite stagnant in terms of offerings, HOWEVER I have a 50/50 chance of Suite upgrades here compared to 0 in Singapore, despite similar amounts of visits / year. So maybe different ways of showing "appreciation" to guests ?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by wantan
SIN Conrad is the only Conrad I know that has an almost "all-day" open bar, although selection is being cut down with liquor available only during cocktail hour. The property must have found drinks to be a big enough pull to have people staying in rooms with Exec Lounge access hence the better attention to selection ?

HKG Conrad feels quite stagnant in terms of offerings, HOWEVER I have a 50/50 chance of Suite upgrades here compared to 0 in Singapore, despite similar amounts of visits / year. So maybe different ways of showing "appreciation" to guests ?
I agree the food in Conrad HK is really poor, but all day beverage service is also served in Conrad HK.

I believe the best executive lounge in HK should be Intercontinental Hong Kong
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by kcl0203
I agree the food in Conrad HK is really poor, but all day beverage service is also served in Conrad HK.
Yeah it's a bunch of cheap finger-food items, and it doesn't quite replace a dinner.
But I think it's kind of good that the EL food is poor at Conrad HK.
As it is, there's capacity issue there. If they had great spread to go along with their great view and ambiance, the problem may get even worse.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

I think part of the reason the food selection is relatively meager at the HK Conrad EL is due to the size of the kitchen they have available. I have been there a couple of times when they had temporarily moved the EL to the lobby bar area as the "EL" was closed for private functions. Massive selection of good food was available as now they were running food from the kitchen(s) 1 or two floors above or below.

None of this, of course, is an excuse for any F&B quality issues..

Originally Posted by evergrn
Yeah it's a bunch of cheap finger-food items, and it doesn't quite replace a dinner.
But I think it's kind of good that the EL food is poor at Conrad HK.
As it is, there's capacity issue there. If they had great spread to go along with their great view and ambiance, the problem may get even worse.
Now that is truly seeing the silver lining...
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond

Conrad HK also serves alcoholic drinks outside of cocktail hour ?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by wantan
Conrad HK also serves alcoholic drinks outside of cocktail hour ?
no. but I have seen people drinking beer in non cocktail hour.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:01 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Bought from the store downstairs..(me).
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by RafKa
Due to the protests and low season, most dates between now and 4 weeks out can be had for HKD 1,800++ on a flex rate (single occupancy) or 67k pts. Pretty good value!

Meanwhile the HGI is going for HKD 600++ on prepaid (HKD 720++ semi flex).
Lowest for. Conrad seems to be HKD1530 from
this article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nland-visitors
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by teo1991

Lowest for. Conrad seems to be HKD1530 from
this article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nland-visitors
Some dates are now going for HKD1530.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Never tried the Intercon but for those staying in admiralty, I thought the JW lounge was better than Conrad's
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:27 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Good deal. Interesting that the Conrad is lowering its rates whereas other chains' flagships aren't going down that significantly. The nearby JW is at 1930 while being an inferior hotel. The GH is also at 1900+

I live in HK in hotels full-time, and I'm thinking of going to the Conrad this week. The price is attractive vs. comparable alternatives.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by triplefives
Never tried the Intercon but for those staying in admiralty, I thought the JW lounge was better than Conrad's
The food is better at JW, but there is no view.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:57 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
The food is better at JW, but there is no view.
The booze at the JW lounge is great, but the lack of view is truly disappointing given the building has great views. Why would they put the lounge there? Also the weird setup where it becomes a restaurant during the day is weird.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by helvetic
The booze at the JW lounge is great, but the lack of view is truly disappointing given the building has great views. Why would they put the lounge there? Also the weird setup where it becomes a restaurant during the day is weird.
Hi,

I did like the old lounge location ( 33/34 floors ) with the harbour views ( partially obscured by buildings ) and excellent food.

The Conrad prices look excellent ( almost tempted to visit HKG in early December for christmas decorations ) but see how the political situation develops ( I appreciate that the chances of being caught up in actual trouble is small but the potential for travel disruption is a bit higher)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Meh
Before they 'updated' the lounge a few years back the food was much better than today. I remember the beer and wine selections to also be better.
Certainly over the last 3 years capacity issues are becoming more and more of an issue.
Also they seem to be turning over the lounge staff more in the last year.
Great hotel all the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.