Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Ill try and get us back on topic (This is a Conrad Hong Kong thread after all ) As i mentioned upthread, we took the hotels car service back to the airport.

It was $990 HKD. They came and got our luggage about 10 minutes prior. When we got downstairs it was already loaded into the car. They made a point of showing me it was all there (they had placed it under a tarp in the trunk). Driver had papers for us, that my 10 year old decided to read despite all of her devices (We then proceeded to argue about why i wont order the newspaper delivery to the house).

Driver was professional and courteous. It was a Mercedes vehicle (though i don't know what one) that had plenty of room for the two of us, our 4 bags and two backpacks. As we arrived at the airport the driver got a cart and loaded our luggage onto it.

In short, it was onetime, courteous, efficient and friendly.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Ross0
What do folks recommend as the best way to get to Conrad from HKG since the shuttle bus doesn't stop at Conrad? There will be two of us. Could we just take an Uber HKG-Conrad or is that a really bad idea? I'm trying to figure out if Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and then MTR from Central to Admiralty is really much quicker, or if we're butter of just sitting in an Uber for roughly the same amount of time.
We always take the airport express train to HK Station. If you are a party of two or more, you can buy a group ticket that is less expensive than the other discount options (such as a round-trip ticket or express train/MTR combo). The group tickets can only be purchased in person at the counter, and are one-way only. Still less expensive. If arriving on a CX flight, sometimes CX sells express train tickets in the duty free in-flight sales, and these are typically at a nice discount. But they don't always have them.

We used to always take the express train to HK station and then the free shuttle to the Conrad, but waiting for that shuttle and then the cramped ride itself was always the most unpleasant part of the journey. Now we use Uber from HK station. We prefer Uber to taxis because the taxis require cash and even though we always have HK cash (we keep it in a zippy bag with our Octopus cards), it's a hassle.

Taking a taxi or Uber from the airport will be more expensive, but depending on traffic could be much faster, the same, or much slower. It will definitely be more convenient and if traveling with an elderly relative I'd consider it. I believe Uber lets you request a large vehicle for more people.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:56 am

Anyone with luck in getting the breakfast and lounge access when booking 2 rooms under the same account? My status is diamond and i would like to book a separate room for my mother but she obviously have no status with Hilton but i want her to enjoy the breakfast also.

Any success in getting Conrad HK to honor both room?

Thanks
Old May 11, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by ponickka
Anyone with luck in getting the breakfast and lounge access when booking 2 rooms under the same account? My status is diamond and i would like to book a separate room for my mother but she obviously have no status with Hilton but i want her to enjoy the breakfast also.

Thanks
Book your room as having 2 occupants and problem solved You may get Diamond benefits extended to the second room anyway but if you only have one other person traveling with you this is the best way to guarantee breakfast and lounge access.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka

Thanks
Have you ever booked two rooms as a Diamond and not gotten benefits for both rooms? Your post implies so, so I'm curious where and when this was a problem. I routinely book two rooms with one guest each and have never had the slightest question.

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Book your room as having 2 occupants and problem solved You may get Diamond benefits extended to the second room anyway but if you only have one other person traveling with you this is the best way to guarantee breakfast and lounge access.
That would work, but seems unnecessary.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Have you ever booked two rooms as a Diamond and not gotten benefits for both rooms? Your post implies so, so I'm curious where and when this was a problem. I routinely book two rooms with one guest each and have never had the slightest question.

That would work, but seems unnecessary.
Never booked 2 rooms under one account.

Thanks for the information
Old May 13, 2018, 2:29 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Stayed two night stay here recently (April), enjoyed the stay and hotel again, had booked a harbour view exec room with cash and points and was upgraded to a suite (but on a low floor (41)) was very pleased with this and it looked like the photos I had posted back during my last stay (quite a few years ago now). Harbour view with a bit of peak as on the corner.

Used the exec lounge a few times, was busy but good and enjoyed a few drinks (noted a reasonable choice of food as well in the evenings) but we didn't stay long to be honest, preferring to go out and enjoy Hong Kong. We ate breakfast in the restaurant each day and that had a decent variety of food and good service as well as proper cappuccinos.

The suite on floor 41 was starting to be need of renovation as the carpet was getting frayed quite badly but the furniture was all in good shape and enjoyed the Shanghai Tang amenities (as standard).

A good stay and I'd go back.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AAdavantage Member
Going in August as we have layovers on the way to the Philippines to see my wife’s family. One night on the way there and two and the way back. My wife works for Hilton so we get it very discounted. Only $75 US a night thank goodness. Just gonna take the express then connect to the island line and admiralty station using the tunnel/walkway to pacific place. Does anyone know if the mall entrance closes, as on the back to the US our flight to HKG doesn’t get in until 11:15pm and I’m sure we’ll be on the last train available anyway. Just would hate to be wondering around that late and I don’t really trust Uber/taxis. I’m younger so I’m used to hostels and public transit, the only reason we are staying there is because of my wife’s team member rate. Just don’t wanna be wondering around admiralty in the middle of the night with my wife and infant daughter.
jumbooze likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Snorkel 378 TH
Going in August as we have layovers on the way to the Philippines to see my wife’s family. One night on the way there and two and the way back. My wife works for Hilton so we get it very discounted. Only $75 US a night thank goodness. Just gonna take the express then connect to the island line and admiralty station using the tunnel/walkway to pacific place. Does anyone know if the mall entrance closes, as on the back to the US our flight to HKG doesn’t get in until 11:15pm and I’m sure we’ll be on the last train available anyway. Just would hate to be wondering around that late and I don’t really trust Uber/taxis. I’m younger so I’m used to hostels and public transit, the only reason we are staying there is because of my wife’s team member rate. Just don’t wanna be wondering around admiralty in the middle of the night with my wife and infant daughter.
I would like to recommend taking a taxi from the Hong Kong station, especially if traveling with an infant. The walk from the HK Station to the Central Station to catch a one stop ride to the Admiralty is not short. Then you have another 10 minute or so walk to the hotel from that station.

However, if you chose to do this route, the access to the Mall is not closed.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
The taxi is about $40 HKD from the station. They are not as "stacked up" waiting as they used to be, especially at peak and change of shift times, so sometimes the shuttle bus is there are ready to go and a quicker option.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:52 pm

Just gonna take the express then connect to the island line and admiralty station using the tunnel/walkway to pacific place. Does anyone know if the mall entrance closes, as on the back to the US our flight to HKG doesn’t get in until 11:15pm and I’m sure we’ll be on the last train available anyway. Just would hate to be wondering around that late and I don’t really trust Uber/taxis. I’m younger so I’m used to hostels and public transit, the only reason we are staying there is because of my wife’s team member rate. Just don’t wanna be wondering around admiralty in the middle of the night with my wife and infant daughter.
Taxis and Uber are both perfectly safe and easy in Hong Kong. Only issue with taxis is that they require cash and sometimes are smokey. On the way from the Conrad Hong Kong to the airport express train, I'd suggest an Uber. On the way to the Conrad a taxi might be easier since they are lined up waiting and taking Uber requires coordinating with the driver where you are (not too hard, we do it all the time, but still not as easy as a taxi).
Old May 16, 2018, 3:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Does anyone know if the mall entrance closes, as on the back to the US our flight to HKG doesn’t get in until 11:15pm and I’m sure we’ll be on the last train available anyway. Just would hate to be wondering around that late and I don’t really trust Uber/taxis.
Pacific Place closes at 10 pm, but due to the restaurants and cinemas in the complex they do not clear the place at 10.01 pm, I know I've left the hotel via PP after 11pm. Still if that is the HKG arrival time you're going to be very late into the hotel and I think Pacific Place could be locked up by then. There is pathway round the side of PP, follow the signs for the UK Consulate / British Council. But I would take the taxi from HK station. The last train from the airport is 00:48 hrs. I am also somewhat reluctant to use taxis but in HK I would have no concerns, unless there was a weather event on (when all rules get abandoned). In normal circumstances the overwhelming majority of taxi drivers in HKG are honest and reliable and it won't be expensive from HK station.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I would like to recommend taking a taxi from the Hong Kong station, especially if traveling with an infant. The walk from the HK Station to the Central Station to catch a one stop ride to the Admiralty is not short. Then you have another 10 minute or so walk to the hotel from that station.
Agree. If you haven't done this before, do not be fooled by the map. From HK Station to Central Station is quite a walk (google maps says 550m, it feels farther).
Old May 17, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: AAdavantage Member
Thanks, I’ll see what my wife is comfortable with, I’ve been to Hong Kong a few times so I’m familiar with the island station and central connection, it’s like I said the lateness of arrival
Old May 17, 2018, 9:00 pm

Landed at HKG shortly before 5pm yesterday and easily grabbed an Uber to Conrad. Trip took about 35 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.