Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As a Gold, the consolation prize at Conrad Tokyo is if you don't get an EL upgrade, you can have breakfast in the restaurant. It's a very nice hotel.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
As a Gold, the consolation prize at Conrad Tokyo is if you don't get an EL upgrade, you can have breakfast in the restaurant. It's a very nice hotel.
That is something I guess but I much rather the EL upgrade. I have a weekend stay so Friday/Sat so maybe my chances will be better vs a weekday stay.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
The hotel has one serious flaw in my book: the open smoking bar off the lobby. The usual breakfast restaurant gets smokey because of this. Last time I stayed, they were busy enough that they opened a second breakfast restaurant at the end of the hall. We ate there when the lounge was too crowded, it and it was very nice.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by anabolism
The hotel has one serious flaw in my book: the open smoking bar off the lobby. The usual breakfast restaurant gets smokey because of this. Last time I stayed, they were busy enough that they opened a second breakfast restaurant at the end of the hall. We ate there when the lounge was too crowded, it and it was very nice.

Didn't notice any smoking in the hotel at all when I was there for a week a couple months ago. You mean the lounge / restaurant in the "middle" of the downstairs lobby, right off of where the elevators are? Where you walk by from the elevators and you can see all the buffet area?

I always took breakfast in the Garden Cafe ( Hong Kong Luxury Hotel - Garden Cafe - Conrad Hong Kong ) or the exec lounge. No smoke. I'm sensitive to that sort of thing, would have noticed for sure.

TDM
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Didn't notice any smoking in the hotel at all when I was there for a week a couple months ago. You mean the lounge / restaurant in the "middle" of the downstairs lobby, right off of where the elevators are? Where you walk by from the elevators and you can see all the buffet area?
I was replying to Kacee's post referencing breakfast in the restaurant at the Conrad Tokyo, not HKG.

I always took breakfast in the Garden Cafe ( Hong Kong Luxury Hotel - Garden Cafe - Conrad Hong Kong ) or the exec lounge. No smoke. I'm sensitive to that sort of thing, would have noticed for sure.
Yes, at the Conrad HKG it's never a problem except outdoors, where guests eat and smoke. Often when I'm trying to swim, I rotate, gulp in air, and immediately choke and cough.

Although, with a handle describing you as a "death merchant," one might assume a cigarette salesman but likely just an arms merchant. When I lived in D.C. I once had a "slug" who did that and loved her job ("I love my job!" she told me, "I'm a real people person, and I get to meet the most interesting people! And often they're in the front page!" )
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:08 pm

I will stay at this hotel, can someone please advise the following.

a) Where is bus H1 drop off point for this Grand Hyatt hotel. How far is the walk from the drop off point to Hyatt hotel's entrance. Any stiff steps on street or all flat ground level

b) Any money exchange or ATM bank near by. Is so, where it located

c) Any taxi stand near this hotel. I see on google map and it show there is a taxi stand on Harbor Rd ( across Auto mall, but not sure if it is correct. Can someone please confirm it for me.

d) Does Hyatt allowed guest to check in early. How early did you get a check in when you stay at this hotel. Does hotel Lobby has air condition.

Thank you
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I was replying to Kacee's post referencing breakfast in the restaurant at the Conrad Tokyo, not HKG.
Very OT now but FYI Conrad Tokyo no longer allows smoking in the lobby area.
Kacee likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I will stay at this hotel, can someone please advise the following.

a) Where is bus H1 drop off point for this Grand Hyatt hotel. How far is the walk from the drop off point to Hyatt hotel's entrance. Any stiff steps on street or all flat ground level

b) Any money exchange or ATM bank near by. Is so, where it located

c) Any taxi stand near this hotel. I see on google map and it show there is a taxi stand on Harbor Rd ( across Auto mall, but not sure if it is correct. Can someone please confirm it for me.

d) Does Hyatt allowed guest to check in early. How early did you get a check in when you stay at this hotel. Does hotel Lobby has air condition.

Thank you
This is a thread for Conrad Hong Kong which is a Hilton property. You want to look in the Hyatt forum and post there about the grand hyatt. Real quick answers to save you some time. A. I think the bus drops you in the street in front and you have to walk up an incline to the entrance; B. There is an ATM on the second floor of the lobby; C. pretty sure they will call a cab for you; D. You can ask Hyatt but I had to wait around to get into my room because it wasn't ready when I arrived don't count on being able to get into your room early. Yes the lobby has AC.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
If I remember correctly, from where the bus drops you off, walk across the driveway and into the building in front of you. Go to the 2nd floor and a skyway going to the left connects you to the hotel. 30 second walk, no steep hills. Really very easy.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by nollbit

Very OT now but FYI Conrad Tokyo no longer allows smoking in the lobby area.
Oh, that's terrific!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Finally, after many trips to Hong Kong, my wife and I will get to stay at the Conrad. Reservation made with points for way later in the year for a King Executive Harbour View.

I would appreciate suggestions for room numbers with the best views for when I do the online check-in.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Finally, after many trips to Hong Kong, my wife and I will get to stay at the Conrad. Reservation made with points for way later in the year for a King Executive Harbour View. I would appreciate suggestions for room numbers with the best views for when I do the online check-in.
The executive lounge is pretty much dead center of the hotel floor plan, high up. Great views of the whole harbor and such. When you check in on the app, you'll have opportunity to view a floor plan at that time. Any room near that same center of hotel, or (as viewed if one was facing out from the lounge towards the harbor) any rooms to the RIGHT of that should have the most interesting waterfront / city views that are less obstructed. Specific to what you booked, any Harbor View should be in that middle area anyway, and high enough for them to bill it as a "view" rather than "Harbor DIRECTION."

Conversely, when I was there, I had a nice upgrade to a suite on the farthest LEFT corner, which had a pleasant-but-boring view of the Peak behind the hotel. The living room had a view smack across into the Shangria-La's lower office floors, which weren't particularly interesting either, (unless one enjoys spying on idle screen savers and unoccupied desks.) Saving grace, looking as far to the right as I could, at least it stretched sort of downtown. Great suite, but boring views. When I felt like rubbernecking, I went up to the lounge, had some of that watermelon juice they serve there to wash down the egg tarts (almost as good as Hoovers' - whoda guessed?)

Anyway, I wrangled at check in to try for a RIGHT side suite, but no go. I figured good view was worth less than big suite, so stuck with what I had, and even in light of my advising a room on the other side... was very pleased with it!

As you can see in the photos, the hotel views are somewhat blocked on the lower floors, so "nab the highest thing you can get on whatever side" is probably the operative here for most guests. Again, if you booked a Harbor View, I assume you're good / near center-right and just want to jockey for whatever the highest floor you can get..

(RIGHT side of hotel points towards convention center at 2 o'clock.)

TDM
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Again, if you booked a Harbor View, I assume you're good / near center-right and just want to jockey for whatever the highest floor you can get..
No they call it a harbour view even if you're looking straight into the Shangri La. You want to request a room to the right of the lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The executive lounge is pretty much dead center of the hotel floor plan, high up. Great views of the whole harbor and such. When you check in on the app, you'll have opportunity to view a floor plan at that time. Any room near that same center of hotel, or (as viewed if one was facing out from the lounge towards the harbor) any rooms to the RIGHT of that should have the most interesting waterfront / city views that are less obstructed. Specific to what you booked, any Harbor View should be in that middle area anyway, and high enough for them to bill it as a "view" rather than "Harbor DIRECTION."

Conversely, when I was there, I had a nice upgrade to a suite on the farthest LEFT corner, which had a pleasant-but-boring view of the Peak behind the hotel. The living room had a view smack across into the Shangria-La's lower office floors, which weren't particularly interesting either, (unless one enjoys spying on idle screen savers and unoccupied desks.) Saving grace, looking as far to the right as I could, at least it stretched sort of downtown. Great suite, but boring views. When I felt like rubbernecking, I went up to the lounge, had some of that watermelon juice they serve there to wash down the egg tarts (almost as good as Hoovers' - whoda guessed?)

Anyway, I wrangled at check in to try for a RIGHT side suite, but no go. I figured good view was worth less than big suite, so stuck with what I had, and even in light of my advising a room on the other side... was very pleased with it!

As you can see in the photos, the hotel views are somewhat blocked on the lower floors, so "nab the highest thing you can get on whatever side" is probably the operative here for most guests. Again, if you booked a Harbor View, I assume you're good / near center-right and just want to jockey for whatever the highest floor you can get..

(RIGHT side of hotel points towards convention center at 2 o'clock.)

TDM
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation!

No they call it a harbour view even if you're looking straight into the Shangri La. You want to request a room to the right of the lounge.
I'll keep this in mind.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:18 pm

[Very comprehensive and detailed description of the views, complete with labelled photo omitted]
Wow! I'm impressed you wrote such a comprehensive and detailed description of the views, complete with labelled photo! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.