Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Ross0
This is a very helpful thread! I'm contemplating a stay here vs Sheraton vs JWM for NYE. Would like to figure out which hotel would offer best view of fireworks from either a common area (e.g., pool deck, lobby, etc.) or lounge. Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
For fireworks view, Conrad over JWM for sure. Don't know about Sheraton as I've never stayed there.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ross0
This is a very helpful thread! I'm contemplating a stay here vs Sheraton vs JWM for NYE. Would like to figure out which hotel would offer best view of fireworks from either a common area (e.g., pool deck, lobby, etc.) or lounge. Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
Just as an FYI. The EL is pretty much reserved for private parties during NYE.

We just went down to the waterfront, which is about a 10-15 minute walk, to watch the NYE fireworks last time. Much less crowded than on the Kowloon side.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
just for a data standpoint, we booked in Aug, stay in early Sept. HKD1920+tax a night for 2 nights.
maybe due to aftermath of some typhoon.

Last edited by Fly2Where; Sep 28, 2017 at 7:33 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
just for a data standpoint, we booked in Aug, stay in early Sept. HKD1920+tax a night for 2 nights.
maybe due to aftermath of some typhoon.
September is a good time for better rates as the weather can be pretty yucky during that time. If not a typhoon then the humidity and rains.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by mcgahat
September is a good time for better rates as the weather can be pretty yucky during that time. If not a typhoon then the humidity and rains.
Tell me about it

Next ten days are 90%+ humidity, heat, thunderstorms and rain.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. I ummed and ahhed about staying here or the JW Marriott - I get lounge access in both but decided on this one due to the view from the lounge.

So glad we did - we were upgraded to a room with a view of the harbour and the peak - which was great. A high floor gave a great impression as we walked into the room! Beds were super comfy and the bathroom was great for 2 peaple sharing with a separate shower and bathtub. We also got double amenities which was a nice touch.

The Executive lounge was also great - a wonderful view and a good spread for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés and drinks (which included a sparkly wine). The staff were attentive and we spent some very pleasant time in the lounge.

The pool was shaded in the afternoon so you wont get much of a tan - and the pool was pretty chilly but it was quiet. The spa was OK to - although my massage was not great but I think more due to a misunderstanding.

The location is good - easy walking to metro and everything you would wish to see is within reach.

Overall I would definitely come back and stay here.

Two bears but only one duck tested our friendship though......

Regards

aks120
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
You should have requested another duck...when we stayed with kids you can imagine that each needed their own...

Had many great stays here..
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:19 pm

I plan to have a stop over in Hong Kong and probably stay at Conrad. If I do that, I will arrive to Conrad around 8:00am - 9:00am . Does anyone know for Gold Hilton level, will I able to get a room that early . And what is my chance for getting a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor and free buffet breakfast.

Please advise and thank you
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I plan to have a stop over in Hong Kong and probably stay at Conrad. If I do that, I will arrive to Conrad around 8:00am - 9:00am . Does anyone know for Gold Hilton level, will I able to get a room that early . And what is my chance for getting a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor and free buffet breakfast.

No guarantees, of course, but even if the room is not ready, they will probably get you access to the free breakfast that morning.

I don't know about GLD upgrades, but as usual, it is very much dependent on the available inventory for the days of your stay.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And what is my chance for getting a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor and free buffet breakfast.
As a Gold, you will get breakfast.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
As a Gold, you will get breakfast.
Garden Cafe; one of the better ones in the system!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Does airport express shuttle bus still stop at Conrad? The H1 shuttle has Stop 5 listed as Pacific Place and Stop 6 as JW. Is Stop 5 right at Conrad or another part of Pacific Place?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by seawolf
Does airport express shuttle bus still stop at Conrad? The H1 shuttle has Stop 5 listed as Pacific Place and Stop 6 as JW. Is Stop 5 right at Conrad or another part of Pacific Place?
Reported upthread that the shuttle no longer goes to Conrad or Shangri-La.

I'd just take a taxi at $25 HKD.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just stayed there. Was traveling pretty light, just did the little hike after Airport Express & used MTR. Thankful that it went smoothly as flight was quite late.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond

I arrived early. I had put in for one of those NOR1 upgrades for early checkin. I think it was about $70. It was a reward stay, so I was ok with paying to check in early.

When I arrived at around 8:30AM the clerk at the front desk noted that I had applied for the upgrade and that I was HH Gold. He said that I could check in early without the payment and that he was upgrading me to the executive floor with a harbor view. I was very appreciative.

But I think I was very lucky. Putting in for the NOR1 upgrade certainly didn't hurt. I would have gladly paid to check in that early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.