Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:12 pm

I haven't heard or read about them being willing to open standard award inventory for anyone, however, when we were looking for nights, they popped up and disappeared a lot until close to the time of our check in, when they became available almost continuously, so I would wait. You will likely see inventory open up at some point, although you may have to wait until just a day or two before, after they have upgraded golds and diamonds out of the standard rooms.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I haven't heard or read about them being willing to open standard award inventory for anyone, however, when we were looking for nights, they popped up and disappeared a lot until close to the time of our check in, when they became available almost continuously, so I would wait. You will likely see inventory open up at some point, although you may have to wait until just a day or two before, after they have upgraded golds and diamonds out of the standard rooms.
Fair enough. I appreciate your insight. It's kinda annoying because, like, I AM a Gold and they'd upgrade me anyway, but whatcha gonna do? I'll keep checking inventory up until the bitter end. Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
I was thinking that 'China sale' would still give points. Got zero points for my last stay on Sunday evening. Should I complain?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by chrissxb
I was thinking that 'China sale' would still give points. Got zero points for my last stay on Sunday evening. Should I complain?
Give it a few more days before contacting.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in posting.

I had booked a Harbour view room at the Conrad for 2 nights 24-26th november after spending 4 nights at the JW Marriott executive level.

I arrived around 2pm and it took a minute at check in and was told I had been upgraded to the executive floor ( 5805)

I went up to my room and the first thought upon entering was WOW! - A full on harbour view on a beautiful afternoon with the bed at the side of the room so you could look out over the harbour from your bed. The suitcase was brought up a few minutes later and I went up to the executive lounge on floor 59 for afternoon coffee and scones ( very good) and upon returning to my room ,a pot of tea had been delivered.

A comparison with the JW Marriott Executive level follows;

Room: Adv Conrad : the room felt a lot larger at the Conrad compared to the JW.
Electronic Controls: Adv JW. The Marriott had buttons by the bedside to close/open the curtains and drapes compared to manually operated curtains at the Conrad
Bathroom: Adv Conrad: The conrad bathroom was larger with both the bath and the separate shower larger than the JW but the JW did have bathrobes
In room coffee: Adv conrad: The conrad had a nespresso machine whilst the JW had a filter coffee machine and a kettle but the JW put the milk in the minibar.
Fluffy bathrobes: Adv Conrad: The conrad had very nice fluffy bathrobes whereas the JW had a more standard bathrobe.
View from the room: Not really comparable as the JW was a peak view and the Conrad was harbour but I found the windows at the Conrad were better for photo taking ( less reflections)
Lounge Service: Tie: The Conrad lounge staff did offer to bring drinks to the table when you entered with the JW marriott being more self service but all the staff were great.
View from the lounge: Adv Conrad: A full harbour view from the lounge at the conrad compared to some restricted views from JW.
Afternoon tea: Adv Conrad: The scones ( help yourself from the oven) , clotted cream and jam beat the Marriott ( no scones)
Soft Drinks: The Conrad had coke products ( but ran out of diet coke one afternoon) and the JW had Pepsi ( if this is important )
Breakfast and Evening snacks: Adv JW ( by some distance). IMHO This is where the conrad falls down slightly whilst breakfast was good with a reasonable selection of hot foods , the evening snacks were more of a sandwich/finger food. The JW Marriott had a huge range of western/asian food which you could make a meal quite easily. The JW marriott also had cookies, hershey kisses and gummy sweets during the day.
Pool: Adv JW marriott ( both are reasonable pools with the JW being slightly larger IMHO)
Fitness cetntre: Adv JW Marriott ( Both are good but the JW is a little larger)
Access to the MTR: Adv JW Marriott. The hotel lift takes you to the lower level of the Pacific Place Mall and straight into the passage way to Admiralty station. The Conrad lift takes you to the third floor and you need to take another lift or escalators to the mtr entrance level.
Check out : I asked for a 2pm check out at the Marriott and got it with no problem. at the Conrad I asked for a 4pm check out (given my mindnight flight back to London but was given 2pm ( the lounge receptionist was apologetic and said the hotel was full so if it was quieter I might have been given a later check out) but was able to come back to the lounge after sightseeing and before heading to the airport
Cost: Adv JW Marriott ( by around HK$600 per night)

Overall: The Conrad is a better hotel ( especially a high floor harbour view room) but you could be paying more for it. The JW Marriott executive lounge food offerings beats the Conrad by a considerable margin especially for breakfast and evening snacks.

Hope the comparison is of some use.

Regards

TBS
Thanks for this comparison TBS - I am trying to decide between the 2 hotels and this has helped me a bit!

Regards

aks120
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:20 pm

Breakfast options for Diamond

Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
I'll be there next month! can't wait. My preference is to eat breakfast in the cafe downstairs.
Hi! I am a Diamond hh member, could you kindly confirm what the breakfast options are at the Conrad Hong Kong? Can't find this info published anywhere. We're staying in November 17 for the first time- Thanks!!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by lovetotravel17
Hi! I am a Diamond hh member, could you kindly confirm what the breakfast options are at the Conrad Hong Kong? Can't find this info published anywhere. We're staying in November 17 for the first time- Thanks!!
As a Diamond member, you can eat breakfast in the EL or the Garden Cafe downstairs.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lovetotravel17
Will be there on Nov. 17th... Not sure if you were meaning Nov 2017, or the 17th?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
As a Diamond member, you can eat breakfast in the EL or the Garden Cafe downstairs.

Ahh thanks - that's what we needed to know. I wasn't sure if it was just limited to EL breakfast, so thanks for clarifying.
Anything else anyone can recommend whilst staying at Conrad HKG? Will be in HKG for about 1 week.
Any tips on what other Diamond benefits we should expect?
Hoping for an upgrade for sure !

Last edited by lovetotravel17; Sep 22, 2017 at 6:52 pm Reason: Update info
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:46 pm

I like to know if a person has a gold level with Hilton, how easy he / she get upgrade to executive room and will he /she get a free breakfast at this Conrad Hong Kong
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I like to know if a person has a gold level with Hilton, how easy he / she get upgrade to executive room and will he /she get a free breakfast at this Conrad Hong Kong
Depends on availability, just like any property. If available, they're very nice here.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
As a gold member, I was upgraded to the Executive Level. This was for a points stay of 4 nights in June. I was very pleasantly surprised. I think I would have received the breakfast benefit regardless of upgrade. I chose to have breakfast in the downstairs restaurant and I enjoyed it very much.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Depends on availability, just like any property. If available, they're very nice here.
Thank for your reply.

I know it depends on availability at the time of check in. However, I guessI am looking for feedback about whether this Conrad Hong Kong is more generous to give an upgrade room (and free breakfast) to gold member compared with other Asia Conrad hotel.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I never did not get upgraded to an executive room as a Gold.

Golds always get a free breakfast at any Conrad. Those are the program rules. Here it's lounge or the restaurant buffet.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:05 am

At the weekend the lounge is like feeding time at the zoo, especially In the evening. Midweek it is fine and calm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.