Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cyberon
There's 1 or 2 premium items (Blueberries/raspberries and cured salmon) that you only get in the exec lounge that you won't get in the main restaurant,

You should order the watermelon juice from the lounge, it's complimentary and not advertised.
Thank you!

Currently at Conrad HK, didn't really like the brekkie this morning at main dining.
Dim sum was horrible, ran out of siew may at 930am. Only good thing omelette and fruits. And fruits was cut so thin slices for Conrad standard.

Will definitely check out the EL tomorrow morning. Hopefully there are berries and salmon.

Tea time - nothing special.
Cocktail - watermelon and carrot juices are great. There's fried oyster this evening. Thats the best there is.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by infoworks
Unfortunately, Eunice has left for other opportunities. A wonderful person, leader and inspiration. Best wishes, she leave a crack team.
Sad to hear that. Who is head of lounge now? Ken?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Blueberries are a premium item? Maybe a decade ago, but like most things they are now commercially farmed ouyt there and are much cheaper than they used to be.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Blueberries are a premium item? Maybe a decade ago, but like most things they are now commercially farmed ouyt there and are much cheaper than they used to be.
Yes, at least outside the USA/Canada.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Thank you!

Currently at Conrad HK, didn't really like the brekkie this morning at main dining.
Dim sum was horrible, ran out of siew may at 930am. Only good thing omelette and fruits. And fruits was cut so thin slices for Conrad standard.

Will definitely check out the EL tomorrow morning. Hopefully there are berries and salmon.

Tea time - nothing special.
Cocktail - watermelon and carrot juices are great. There's fried oyster this evening. Thats the best there is.

They keep the berries in small jars, obviously done so no one takes too many each time. It's so obvious.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again, my comment about a ecade ago. They WERE a premium item in many places, but in most(prominent) Asian cities are available readily and are not premium items anymore.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I would love some Bilberries instead of the cultivated blueberries now thats a premium item.
OT

does anyone know if the Conrad hkg have eggs benedict as breakfast item?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jumbooze
Staying here at the moment and I can confirm that eggs benedict is one of the buffet items at the Garden Cafe.

This stay is my second stay at the hotel and I'm beginning to think this might be my favorite Conrad (have stayed at Conrads Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, and Hong Kong). The hotel has really gone above and beyond.
moeser likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jumbooze
I would love some Bilberries instead of the cultivated blueberries now thats a premium item.
OT

Originally Posted by rhu171
Staying here at the moment and I can confirm that eggs benedict is one of the buffet items at the Garden Cafe.

This stay is my second stay at the hotel and I'm beginning to think this might be my favorite Conrad (have stayed at Conrads Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, and Hong Kong). The hotel has really gone above and beyond.
Yes indeed, have had in EL as well. I love this place, looking forward to another stay pretty soon!
jumbooze likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I love this place, looking forward to another stay pretty soon!
+1 ^
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
I'll be there next month! can't wait. My preference is to eat breakfast in the cafe downstairs.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Again, my comment about a ecade ago. They WERE a premium item in many places, but in most(prominent) Asian cities are available readily and are not premium items anymore.
Just because it's available readily, doesn't mean it's not premium, and at around $20USD per kilo, you can see why they are tight about it. Ditto the raspberries.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:29 am

Here's some pics of the afternoon tea offerings:

Evening cocktails:

Last edited by cyberon; Aug 12, 2017 at 3:53 am
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:57 am

Rationed berries!

cured Salmon

Lounge Breakfast:

Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:06 pm

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but we've stayed here before and loved it. We are planning to go back... I have a couple of weekend free night certificates from the Hilton Reserve card. Unfortunately, the Hilton HHonors phone agent refuses to apply the certs to the weekend nights that I have in mind. They're saying that the "standard" rooms are sold out.

It's true that the website will show a "Deluxe" room for other nights, and for these nights, they are showing "Deluxe Peak View" rooms as the entry level room type. I think it's ridiculous though because they are still selling rooms those nights at essentially the same price as other nights before and after. (And yes, it's true that "standard" award availability is zero-d out for the nights in question, although premium rooms are available).

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Worth reaching out to the hotel to request that they open up inventory? Any idea on who to contact?

I would appreciate any constructive thoughts. TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.