Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Which type of car did you use? Mercedes or Bentley?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Stay coming up- hotel have been excellent so far with correspondence, have booked the Bentley Flying Spur!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:19 am

Does the Bentley have a higher price to book? I was only offered the Merc S300 by email.... do you have to request specifically for the Bentley, also
what sort of price is it for an airport pick up?

thanks
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:48 am

How much was the Merc?

It could already be booked out of course... very nice car though.

Last edited by Skimanant; Jul 17, 2017 at 10:18 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:46 pm

Merc cost = 990 one way.... what about the cost of the Bentley ???
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Took the Bentley once. It was a great ride except for the driver. His driving skills were horrible, the ride was jerky as hell. Braking and accelerating, braking and accelerating even when the road was clear ahead of him. And within the lane he'll be do sharp corrections left n right. Have me motion sickness.

Told him him to take it easy and it improved somewhat a bit. He didn't seem to know the roads well and kept making last minute lane changes and last minute turns at junctions or at highway exits.

I was was so close to throwing up as we were crossing the underwater tunnel.

Highlighted to the hotel during check in and they apologised and said will look into it, but no follow up reply from them.

Thankfully during checkout, my driver back to the airport was another person and drove normally.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:20 am

Hey folks,

Is the breakfast on Exec lounge better than the main restaurant?
Also what about the tea time desserts or evening canapés?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:51 pm

I cannot speak to the afternoon/evening foods, but I felt that the breakfast in the restaurant had more variety than that of the lounge. Great view in the lounge, however.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Hey folks,

I wouldn't say EL breakfast is better, but has always seemed to be more convenient and is where I almost always go nowadays. Evening fare varies and it can be a zoo in there, certainly worth a look if you're around during the hours.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The lounge breakfast was filling and the lounge was a lot more convenient than going down to the restaurant ( the restaurant would have more variety).

I enjoyed the afternoon tea and the evening canapes especially before going out or coming back after a long day sightseeing

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Thanks All!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Hey folks,

My main thing is getting the noodle soup for breakfast, and that is only available downstairs in the main restaurant. If that doesn't matter to you, you almost get the same options in the EL which can be less chaotic than the restaurant.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
It's my understanding that Eunice is leaving this property later this month. I've enjoyed talking with her at the Conrad. She and her staff are pretty awesome. Whoever is replacing her will have difficult shoes to fill.
Can any one confirm if Eunice did leave?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Eunice has left the building

Unfortunately, Eunice has left for other opportunities. A wonderful person, leader and inspiration. Best wishes, she leave a crack team.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:26 am

Hey folks,

There's 1 or 2 premium items (Blueberries/raspberries and cured salmon) that you only get in the exec lounge that you won't get in the main restaurant, which is obviously done for cost cutting purposes. I call it my 5 star hotel 'berry' test. Grand Hyatt HK do similar, there's no berries in the main restaurant, but the exec lounge has them.

The main restaurant whilst having more variety (overall I would give it 6/10. UK Conrad I'd give 4/10), I found the quality of dim sum to be poor (esp the dumplings), filled with cheap ingredients, but looking very good.

The hot chinese stir fried items are ok (like noodles, and stir fried vege).

So my advice would be (if you are diamond) go to the main restaurant, fill up on some eggs, chinese stir fried items, then go up to the lounge and fill up on berries and salmon.

Tea time desserts in the exec lounge last time I went there were small chocolate dipped strawberries, cheese and fruit tarts and sandwiches. My favourites were the chocolate dipped strawberries and fruit tarts.

Evening cocktails there was congee, samosas, cakes, baked tomato tart (basically cheese stuffed in half a tomato and baked), pan fried polenta cake, meatloaf and mustard. Guacamole and corn chips. Nothing too fancy.

You should order the watermelon juice from the lounge, it's complimentary and not advertised.

Last edited by cyberon; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.