FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Hong Kong {HKG} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124932-conrad-hong-kong-hkg.html)

Abidjan Apr 11, 2017 2:44 pm

I would think so.

earlyriser Apr 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin (Post 28163085)
Should I assume that the chances of lounge access in peak times (New Year's Eve and +/- a day) are slim to none for Honors Gold?

This probably doesn't help but was there as a Diamond on the 30/31 Dec last year (flew out just after midnight) and it was busy but not overflowing or anything.

PayItForward Apr 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by lyndonmaxewell (Post 28145285)
http://image.prntscr.com/image/9784c...68c3622911.jpg

Just completed an inspirational stay at the hotel.

Not sure what room it is but it does says Presidential.

Congratulations on the upgrade (I presume)

lyndonmaxewell Apr 12, 2017 6:23 am

Originally Posted by diablo77 (Post 27953845)
Anyone else notice this, seems like an error on the Conrad website for end of April. Looks like rooms are priced at $2,400 HKD excluding the Chairman and Presidential Suites.
Will the Hotel still Honor this price?

If anyone's interested, it was a mistake fare. Thanks diablo77 for the heads up. I had a very good stay. :D

diablo77 Apr 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by lyndonmaxewell (Post 28166864)
If anyone's interested, it was a mistake fare. Thanks diablo77 for the heads up. I had a very good stay. :D

:D

milemission May 5, 2017 2:02 pm

I did see some HK $2K range for the basic room non-refundable rate.

Does HK $2k consider a good price for this hotel(for diamond)?

Do Diamonds always got breakfast in restaurant covered? How about for family of three? Thank you!

wilp888 May 5, 2017 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 28273237)
I did see some HK $2K range for the basic room non-refundable rate.

Does HK $2k consider a good price for this hotel(for diamond)?

Do Diamonds always got breakfast in restaurant covered? How about for family of three? Thank you!

HK $2k is a great price for this hotel. You will get breakfast for two in the Lounge or at the restaurant. Don't know about a 3rd person.

SponsorSFC May 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Does anyone know why all availability would be blacked out for the period 17-23 March 2018?

I have a 2 night stay planned for 18-20 March and seems as if there is plenty of availability at other hotels. I also couldn't see any events listed at this time but maybe I am not looking in the right place.

It is giving me a Diamond Guarantee option, but at over $5,000 HKD per night I don't think I will take that up.

kirkwoodj May 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC (Post 28300923)
Does anyone know why all availability would be blacked out for the period 17-23 March 2018?

I have a 2 night stay planned for 18-20 March and seems as if there is plenty of availability at other hotels. I also couldn't see any events listed at this time but maybe I am not looking in the right place.

It is giving me a Diamond Guarantee option, but at over $5,000 HKD per night I don't think I will take that up.

Too early, they dont have rates set yet

SponsorSFC May 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks, I thought that initially but was uncertain when there seemed to be rates loaded for dates before and after this period.

Will keep an eye on it.

hawaiiansports Jun 1, 2017 8:10 pm

It's my understanding that Eunice is leaving this property later this month. I've enjoyed talking with her at the Conrad. She and her staff are pretty awesome. Whoever is replacing her will have difficult shoes to fill.

bitterproffit Jun 2, 2017 5:59 pm

First stay at this property. Have a 4 night reward/weekend certificate stay. I tried the early check in as an upgrade option as I was arriving at 8 AM. Upon arrival, the awesome guy at the desk says he will upgrade me to a city view on the exec level as a gold and has a room available for early check in at no charge. Wow. I've lucked into upgrades, and into early check ins before, but this is like an elusive unicorn of it all happening at once on a reward stay. .

earlyriser Jun 2, 2017 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by bitterproffit (Post 28395309)
First stay at this property. Have a 4 night reward/weekend certificate stay. I tried the early check in as an upgrade option as I was arriving at 8 AM. Upon arrival, the awesome guy at the desk says he will upgrade me to a city view on the exec level as a gold and has a room available for early check in at no charge. Wow. I've lucked into upgrades, and into early check ins before, but this is like an elusive unicorn of it all happening at once on a reward stay. .

I had an almost identical experience in January. Wonderful service. Can't wait to return.

Traveling Salesman Jun 3, 2017 5:56 am

Originally Posted by hawaiiansports (Post 28390869)
It's my understanding that Eunice is leaving this property later this month. I've enjoyed talking with her at the Conrad. She and her staff are pretty awesome. Whoever is replacing her will have difficult shoes to fill.

Sorry to hear this if it is true she will be missed! Her staff is great but she will be hard to replace.

milemission Jun 4, 2017 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Traveling Salesman (Post 28396712)
Sorry to hear this if it is true she will be missed! Her staff is great but she will be hard to replace.

She is the one that makes the elite experience so great there.