FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Hong Kong {HKG} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124932-conrad-hong-kong-hkg.html)

ultrawin Jun 5, 2020 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by hfly (Post 32426317)
If HK became just "another" Chinese city, then we could expect to have anywhere from 5-15 properties in HK within a couple of years, such as one finds in most 1st, 2nd and even 3rd tier Chinese cities!

Like five Hampton Inns? Lol

lsquare Jun 7, 2020 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ultrawin (Post 32433367)
Like five Hampton Inns? Lol

A DoubleTree and a Hilton would be a great start!

evergrn May 3, 2021 9:52 pm

Omg zero post in almost a year.
Has anyone stayed here recently?
what’s it like now?

lsquare May 3, 2021 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 33224657)
Omg zero post in almost a year.
Has anyone stayed here recently?
what’s it like now?

I would like to know too.

anonymous_third_party Jul 18, 2021 6:22 pm

Conrad HK getting deflagged

I heard a rumour HK Conrad is going to be changed to. Fullerton. Can anyone confirm this?

It would be bizarre to see Hilton having zero premium properties in Hong Kong, as before covid it was always very busy.

It could do with a refurb to make it more modern, but location and actual building is fantastic.
​​​​

jerry a. laska Jul 18, 2021 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party (Post 33418177)
I heard a rumour HK Conrad is going to be changed to. Fullerton. Can anyone confirm this?

It would be bizarre to see Hilton having zero premium properties in Hong Kong, as before covid it was always very busy.

It could do with a refurb to make it more modern, but location and actual building is fantastic.
​​​​

If you look back earlier in this thread to posts from last year you will see this discussed.

anonymous_third_party Jul 18, 2021 9:14 pm

I did read it, i forgot to ask the staff last time I was staying there (earlier this month).

​​​​​​No official announcement though, so unsure.

Likemiles Jul 19, 2021 5:48 am

Thank you so much for reviving this thread, Anonymous_third_party. Please do tell us more about your recent stay. So many of us are hungry for any news at all about this very popular property. How was business? How were the people and their outlook? The service, amenities, and food? Much obliged. You were so lucky to have had a chance to stay there despite the pandemic!

Abidjan Jul 19, 2021 6:51 am

I hope not. Big fan of the property/location.

anonymous_third_party Jul 19, 2021 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Likemiles (Post 33419132)
Thank you so much for reviving this thread, Anonymous_third_party. Please do tell us more about your recent stay. So many of us are hungry for any news at all about this very popular property. How was business? How were the people and their outlook? The service, amenities, and food? Much obliged. You were so lucky to have had a chance to stay there despite the pandemic!

Sure. Like a lot us I really love this property, having stayed a lot. Most recently, I've stayed there in December, February, March and July.

Previous three times, was upgraded to suite, last time exec room on top floor, which was pretty average. I did book an insane rate of $1700 per night including $900 of food/bev spend per night though, so was totally fine.

*Lounge was great, staff were super friendly as always. Breakfast is semi buffet, same as it always has been. Afternoon tea is again buffet (it is table service in other overflow lounges), evening drinks were pretty good too, canapés were as always, average.
​​​​​​*Niccollinis was very busy when I went and service and food quality was as good as its ever been.
*Evening buffet in garden restaurant was really great and excellent value - I ate four lobsters
*Drinks by the pool were good in the evening, made me forget covid and national security law for a couple of hours
*Pool is limited to 1 hour sessions, purely due to how in demand it is, the system worked well, but no leisurely reading of a book in a cabana for a few hours. They said limited to one session per room per day, but midweek, we went twice most days.

Following on from pool, at weekends it's busy, and most people stay with packages now, including dinner, lounge access and hotel spend. Conference rooms, lounge lobby, level 8 and others are converted into overflow lounges for evening at weekends. Leisure guests are very different from business travellers, which I'm totally fine with. I'd have done the exact same strategy if I was GM to generate revenue.

General comment, there's no way I'd (again) stay in any decent hotel in HK - Conrad, FS, Peninsula, RC etc - at a weekend, hotels are 100% capacity and people don't leave the properties. It's nuts. Best to book midweek and enjoy tranquility.

Let me know if you've got other questions, happy to help as much as I can.

Likemiles Jul 20, 2021 5:22 am

What a fantastic response, Anonymous_third_party! Your details are quite beyond expectations. Consisting of many pleasant surprises, your review is well-balanced nonetheless--therefore trustworthy. You repeated the word "overflow," suggesting that business has been much better than I first imagined. Very heartening. Yes, the staff has always been polite and friendly, but you actually seem to be saying more, i.e., that in the Executive Lounge it's the same wonderful team keeping everyone high and happy. Please tell me that none of them have left! If you're so familiar with the property, the question you resurrected about Fullerton is unnerving, I have to admit. So when you find out for sure that deflagging is never going to happen, please rush back to calm our nerves! After your next stay (mid-week, next month), please file another report here. Many thanks again!

teemuflyer Aug 13, 2021 8:51 am

Non-Refundable Deposit for a Brunch Reservation.. More than 4 Months Out?

So, keeping hope alive I reached out to the Conrad HK to see if they still had a Sunday Brunch, as it's not mentioned on the website. Sure.. want to make a reservation ? Sure.. get confirmation back and they want to have a nonrefundable deposit to confirm it.. by tomorrow... Seriously??

I have a 5 day reservation there in late November and that's when the reservation is for. And not that it matters as this would be an affront to any customer, I'm a Hilton DIA.

Notification to Hilton Honors Ambassador

Hilton Honors Ambassador Aug 13, 2021 11:05 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 33487950)
So, keeping hope alive I reached out to the Conrad HK to see if they still had a Sunday Brunch, as it's not mentioned on the website. Sure.. want to make a reservation ? Sure.. get confirmation back and they want to have a nonrefundable deposit to confirm it.. by tomorrow... Seriously??

I have a 5 day reservation there in late November and that's when the reservation is for. And not that it matters as this would be an affront to any customer, I'm a Hilton DIA.

Notification to Hilton Honors Ambassador

Thanks for the heads up. My apologies if the terms seem extreme, but I am fairly certain that they are allowed to set them as they wish. If you want to file a formal complaint, I am more than happy to pass along the details to my HRCC colleagues. But, I would need your name, Honors account number and your reservation number to do so. You can send them to me via Private Mail here at Flyertalk.

Best regards,

William

teemuflyer Aug 13, 2021 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador (Post 33488296)
Thanks for the heads up. My apologies if the terms seem extreme, but I am fairly certain that they are allowed to set them as they wish. If you want to file a formal complaint, I am more than happy to pass along the details to my HRCC colleagues. But, I would need your name, Honors account number and your reservation number to do so. You can send them to me via Private Mail here at Flyertalk.

Best regards,

William

Done..

Thank you for your assistance on the matter. Although I don't necessarily need a formal "complaint", it would be nice to have an official inquiry to this "policy". Never heard of such a thing for a restaurant reservation more than 4 months in advance, and, unfortunately, it is likely that travel to Hong Kong will still be heavily restricted at that time (though fingers crossed to be otherwise).

The _Banking_Scot Aug 13, 2021 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 33488438)
Done..

Thank you for your assistance on the matter. Although I don't necessarily need a formal "complaint", it would be nice to have an official inquiry to this "policy". Never heard of such a thing for a restaurant reservation more than 4 months in advance, and, unfortunately, it is likely that travel to Hong Kong will still be heavily restricted at that time (though fingers crossed to be otherwise).

Hi, teemuflyer,

There are a few posts on on the Marriott forum that the hong kong hotels are very/extremely popular at weekends due to a large amount of staycationers ( due to the difficulty off departing and arriving back into hong kong). One post suggested that for sunday brunch at the JW marriott they had to book 5 months in advance ( it was an eye opener for me too!:eek:) . Reading the recent posts it does not surprise me that the Conrad could have such a policy also
( good quote on post 810)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...resent-54.html

Regards

TBS