Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 15, 2:05 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 12, 19, 4:51 pm
  #631  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 4,925
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
Do these conferences have attendees from a wide international market or are they more the greater China area? Considering the recent disturbances in Hong Kong, why is it that the rates of nicer hotels have not come down very much?
I know there is quite a bit of international, meaning multinational companies, organizations.
teemuflyer is offline  
Old Sep 14, 19, 2:47 am
  #632  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Posts: 6,411
Originally Posted by hsan View Post

Does this hotel have an upgrade policy? Iím gold and wondering what the likelihood of an upgrade would be and my chances with lounge access.
Iím here on a 2-night stay. They gave me a harbor view room on the 51st floor, but itís just a regular king room. They gave me lounge access. They made it sound like their policy is to give Golds lounge access, but it may depend upon how busy they are.
SS255 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 19, 6:19 am
  #633  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 40,357
Originally Posted by The ITDA View Post
Just wondering as a diamond, what are the chances of upgrading to a harbor view room or even a suite for a four night stay? I know some hotels are really hesitated for upgrades over two nights.

I'll be staying in the end of this month.
As a Diamond I normally get Harbour View on a high floor, when booking at the lowest available room rate. Last two stays this month I was offered a 40th floor suite on one booking (which I swapped for 50th floor harbour view, as a single traveller the suite isn't a thing for me) and 56th floor harbour view for the second booking, with pretty low room rates at the moment. The lounge was a bit quieter than normal, but breakfast in the Garden Cafť was very quiet compared to normal weekends.
:D! likes this.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Sep 16, 19, 9:43 pm
  #634  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Singapore
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
Posts: 1,425
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
As a Diamond I normally get Harbour View on a high floor, when booking at the lowest available room rate. Last two stays this month I was offered a 40th floor suite on one booking (which I swapped for 50th floor harbour view, as a single traveller the suite isn't a thing for me) and 56th floor harbour view for the second booking, with pretty low room rates at the moment. The lounge was a bit quieter than normal, but breakfast in the Garden Cafť was very quiet compared to normal weekends.
Agreed, one of my go to properties as well.
I have never been given anything but a Harbour View room, that said sometimes on a floor slightly lower that does not have a free view. As CWS said, if you get a floor around 40, ask for a higher one if available.

Some of the corner suites upgrades are amazing, with the bedroom having a peak view and the living a harbour view.

I will be back end of October for a weekend stay (1,920 hkd ++ per night) and looking forward. The hotel has always been good too me as a Diamond.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Sep 16, 19 at 9:57 pm
Globalist is offline  
Old Oct 14, 19, 6:23 pm
  #635  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: From LHR to SFO to LAS
Programs: None
Posts: 1,852
Has anyone stayed here recently? Just wondering if the current issues in Hong Kong are bad enough that you can not go out and enjoy the city?

We have two nights at the start of December booked on points and looking at the BAR to me, seems fairly high. I did read that the protests have effected tourism in HK, so would have thought rates would be cheaper.

Cheers
SgtRyan is offline  
Old Oct 14, 19, 9:46 pm
  #636  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HKG
Programs: BAEC newbie
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by SgtRyan View Post
Has anyone stayed here recently? Just wondering if the current issues in Hong Kong are bad enough that you can not go out and enjoy the city?

We have two nights at the start of December booked on points and looking at the BAR to me, seems fairly high. I did read that the protests have effected tourism in HK, so would have thought rates would be cheaper.

Cheers
Not sure how Dec would be
But there maybe traffic disruptions occasionally in weekends and MTR service ends at 10pm on recent days
still okay to go out & explore in day time
some confrontations happen at night, so you would need to get some local update when you are in hk

overall the situation is fine, no worries

hilton also includes Conrad hk in their sale this time
shizuko is offline  
Old Today, 12:44 pm
  #637  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: England
Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Posts: 130
Originally Posted by SgtRyan View Post
Has anyone stayed here recently? Just wondering if the current issues in Hong Kong are bad enough that you can not go out and enjoy the city?

We have two nights at the start of December booked on points and looking at the BAR to me, seems fairly high. I did read that the protests have effected tourism in HK, so would have thought rates would be cheaper.

Cheers
We will be staying starting this coming weekend and have been in touch with the hotel about the situation, along with my local contacts.

Starting specifically with the hotel, there have been some issues particularly during the 70th Anniversary for China where there was no access to the hotel via vehicles and the train station was closed with the protests directly outside the station in causeway bay. What I was told by the hotel is they would provide alternate instructions with a meeting point and they would come to us, there would then be about a 10 minute walk to get us to the hotel. The last couple of weekends there have apparently been no access issues. The issue is the hotel is near government offices and has only 1 point of access for vehicles and for train its via admiralty station and the mall which have seen multiple issues. The hotel was very transparent with me as well as when our local contact rang them, the problem is one simply cannont predict what will or will not happen. The current pattern is also mostly issues at the weekend.

As for the city, our contacts have said it comes down to diligence and paying attention to large gaterhings and say its relatively isolated, so have suggested it remains safe. The gov't guidance we have from the UK hasn't changed and I've just had colleagues there this week with no reports of concerns so we are continuing on. It's a personal decision of course that you'll need to assess.

We are also on points and have noticed a points increase in the last weeks which seems crazy to me, so glad we booked when we did.

I'm happy to report back after we are there from this weekend.

Question to others, is the Executive Lounge as far as you know still open for check-in in the early afternoon? I'm Gold but looking at posts this doesn't seem to matter, hoping it also helps get a decent room on Exec level for lounge access. Anyone have an e-mail to share via PM for someone on the desk to address some questions?

One other question, check-in via app, or let it roll until the check-in desk?

Thanks...
TravelLawyer likes this.
fwdlink is offline  
Old Today, 1:17 pm
  #638  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 40,357
Originally Posted by fwdlink View Post
Question to others, is the Executive Lounge as far as you know still open for check-in in the early afternoon? I'm Gold but looking at posts this doesn't seem to matter, hoping it also helps get a decent room on Exec level for lounge access. Anyone have an e-mail to share via PM for someone on the desk to address some questions?

One other question, check-in via app, or let it roll until the check-in desk?
The lounge is open mid afternoon, I was there a few weeks ago. I often check in on the app, they do pre-assign good / upgraded rooms the evening before arrival (I think), but certainly the morning of arrival, at least for Diamonds, so I'd imagine a similar logic for Golds. You can always negotiate further on arrival, particularly at the moment since the hotel clearly isn't running at 100% occupancy.

I don't have an email address unfortunately.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Today, 2:07 pm
  #639  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by fwdlink View Post
We will be staying starting this coming weekend and have been in touch with the hotel about the situation, along with my local contacts.

We are also on points and have noticed a points increase in the last weeks which seems crazy to me, so glad we booked when we did.
Just checked my booking for the end of Nov. Booked at 80k/night. They just dropped to 54k! No complaints at all. Would love to hear a trip report when you come back. Hoping I don't run into any major issues. having a 4 day stopover before heading to Maldives.
mendezka is offline  
Old Today, 2:40 pm
  #640  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 7,229
Originally Posted by fwdlink View Post
Question to others, is the Executive Lounge as far as you know still open for check-in in the early afternoon? I'm Gold but looking at posts this doesn't seem to matter, hoping it also helps get a decent room on Exec level for lounge access.
In my experience, access to the lounge requires a key, so in order to check in there one must stop at the front desk and request to be escorted to the elevator or lounge. Considering that there is usually only one person working the desk at the lounge, and often guests are negotiating an upgrade or conducting an extensive and involved check-out or something, I don't bother trying to check-in there. It's quicker to check-in at the front desk. Typically the hotel pre-assigns rooms (including upgrades) the evening before arrival.
anabolism is offline  
Old Today, 3:26 pm
  #641  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,464
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
conducting an extensive and involved check-out or something
This made me chuckle, I have to say. There aren't many aspects of the guest experience in which I find U.S. properties to be ahead of their counterparts in other regions, but check-in/out is one of them. When I travel internationally, the process is sometimes so protracted that it feels like I have taken out a mortgage with less effort and paperwork.!
mendezka likes this.
arlflyer is online now  
Old Today, 4:48 pm
  #642  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 7,229
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
This made me chuckle, I have to say. There aren't many aspects of the guest experience in which I find U.S. properties to be ahead of their counterparts in other regions, but check-in/out is one of them. When I travel internationally, the process is sometimes so protracted that it feels like I have taken out a mortgage with less effort and paperwork.!
I know! I've sent feedback to Hilton Corporate about the utter pointlessness of checking in online or via the app only to have to go through the full process at the desk, including verifying the room rate, one's address, taking a credit card imprint, etc., all of which was handed online or in-app already.
anabolism is offline  
Old Today, 5:16 pm
  #643  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,464
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
I know! I've sent feedback to Hilton Corporate about the utter pointlessness of checking in online or via the app only to have to go through the full process at the desk, including verifying the room rate, one's address, taking a credit card imprint, etc., all of which was handed online or in-app already.
That's not even to speak of local maybe or maybe-not required quasi-diplomatic stuff, i.e. where they take your passport back and do who-knows-what with it for 15 minutes.
arlflyer is online now  
Old Today, 6:00 pm
  #644  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 7,229
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
That's not even to speak of local maybe or maybe-not required quasi-diplomatic stuff, i.e. where they take your passport back and do who-knows-what with it for 15 minutes.
There are some properties where you can check-in online or via the app and submit a copy of your passport and you're done, you even can use digital key and don't have to stop at the front desk. But far too many make you do everything manually.
arlflyer likes this.
anabolism is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread