Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 15, 2:05 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 12, 18, 5:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Wow! I'm impressed you wrote such a comprehensive and detailed description of the views, complete with labelled photo!

Yes, I dangled from a hang glider to snap that photo on my iPhone, and then painstakingly labeled every building using Photoshop.

😜
Old Apr 12, 18, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post

Yes, I dangled from a hang glider to snap that photo on my iPhone, and then painstakingly labeled every building using Photoshop.

😜
Don't forget taking notes on your iPhone while dangling upside down from the glider!
Old Apr 12, 18, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hadn't realised the iPhone was capable of such superb photography - which model are you using?

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post

😜
Old Apr 20, 18, 3:45 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone finding standard room award availability for next year? Thanks
Old Apr 20, 18, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by toocool17 View Post
Is anyone finding standard room award availability for next year? Thanks
Maybe it's too early. When I was looking to book last week, I saw standard room award availability for November and December of this year. Or are you looking for a time with high occupancy like Chinese New Year?
Old Apr 20, 18, 5:32 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StuckinITH View Post
Maybe it's too early. When I was looking to book last week, I saw standard room award availability for November and December of this year. Or are you looking for a time with high occupancy like Chinese New Year?
I was trying for 2nd week in Jan. Thanks
Old Apr 20, 18, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by toocool17 View Post
I was trying for 2nd week in Jan. Thanks
I think, in that period, there are still many people on vacation for the Christmas and New Year's Holidays.
Old Apr 27, 18, 5:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Did up a review of Conrad Hong Kong based on my stay last Christmas (late, I know).

Short version: I really liked the location and the lounge, but find the ageing state of the property to be rather off-putting. All in all, found it way too expensive for what you get...

I know lots of ppl really seem to like it, though. What makes it worth the cost? Is it just relative to what else you can get in Hong Kong?

Also - haven't seen anyone share about this decidedly un-yellow duck I received in the bathroom. Anyone knows if it's permanently replaced the old yellow one? Or is it perhaps a festive version?

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
No they call it a harbour view even if you're looking straight into the Shangri La. You want to request a room to the right of the lounge.
Can confirm. This was my 'harbour view'...
Old Apr 27, 18, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Lctkw View Post
I know lots of ppl really seem to like it, though. What makes it worth the cost? Is it just relative to what else you can get in Hong Kong?
The location is excellent. Most of the other major chain properties, the location is an issue (except for JW, which is in same complex). Plus the rooms are large and quiet, and they let you have breakfast in the restaurant. On a relative basis, the Conrad still scores lots of points vs. the competition.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 27, 18, 11:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
The location is excellent. Most of the other major chain properties, the location is an issue (except for JW, which is in same complex). Plus the rooms are large and quiet, and they let you have breakfast in the restaurant. On a relative basis, the Conrad still scores lots of points vs. the competition.
+1000000
Old Apr 27, 18, 12:25 pm

Location-wise, it depends what you are looking for. The Conrad and JW are in Admiralty, which is a quiet area with government buildings. The Sheraton in Kowloon is in the middle of a lively street scene, so that might be a better location for many people, especially for a first visit. (The Sheraton has a dreadful lounge for those with status, and a much nicer separate lounge for those who bought it.) Personally, I like the Conrad and its location, as it's an easy walk through the mall to get to the MTR.

Last edited by anabolism; Apr 27, 18 at 3:51 pm Reason: fix typo ("it's" vs "its")
Old Apr 27, 18, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Location-wise, it depends what you are looking for. The Conrad and JW are in Admiralty, which is a quiet area with government buildings. The Sheraton in Kowloon is in the middle of a lively street scene, so that might be a better location for many people, especially for a first visit. (The Sheraton has a dreadful lounge for those with status, and a much nicer separate lounge for those who bought it.) Personally, I like the Conrad and it's location, as it's an easy walk through the mall to get to the MTR.
I agree it's in the middle of a CBD, but at the same time walking to Wan Chai is a breeze, there's even the underground walkway right as you exit the mall on the way to the MRT, that takes you all the way to Wing Fung St. from which it is a hop to all the action. Also, you can get to the mid-levels and SOHO within a few stops with the Ding Ding. We've even found a pretty convenient walk to the Star Ferry using a mix of overpasses, underground tunnels etc.
Old Apr 27, 18, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
The Sheraton in Kowloon is in the middle of a lively street scene, so that might be a better location for many people, especially for a first visit.
Agreed, and I would Hyatt Regency TST to that list. Though both are inferior properties to the Conrad (at least based on all I've heard about Sheraton).

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
I agree it's in the middle of a CBD, but at the same time walking to Wan Chai is a breeze, there's even the underground walkway right as you exit the mall on the way to the MRT, that takes you all the way to Wing Fung St. from which it is a hop to all the action. Also, you can get to the mid-levels and SOHO within a few stops with the Ding Ding. We've even found a pretty convenient walk to the Star Ferry using a mix of overpasses, underground tunnels etc.
Add to that list Hong Kong Park right out the door, and Bowen Road (great for running) very close by.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 27, 18, 3:54 pm

Agreed, and I would Hyatt Regency TST to that list. Though both are inferior properties to the Conrad (at least based on all I've heard about Sheraton).
I haven't stayed at the Hyatt Regency, but I have stayed at the Sheraton, and I fully agree the Conrad is a much nicer property.

Add to that list Hong Kong Park right out the door, and Bowen Road (great for running) very close by.
I agree Hong Kong Park is nice to walk around in, and super convenient to the Conrad.
Old Apr 28, 18, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Sheraton is a junky old property. The Hyatt is a very new property. There is no comparison.

Search this Thread