Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by lovetotravel17
Ahh thanks - that's what we needed to know. I wasn't sure if it was just limited to EL breakfast, so thanks for clarifying.
Anything else anyone can recommend whilst staying at Conrad HKG? Will be in HKG for about 1 week.
Any tips on what other Diamond benefits we should expect?
Hoping for an upgrade for sure !
What kind of reccomdations are you looking for? Week in Hong Kong is a long time? What are you interested in?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:41 am

should I book?

We're returning this Nov for 3 nights. It's not a peak period, not dates when any 5-star hotel sells out based on my experience of traveling to HK this time of the year >10 times. For the past couple months, the lowest rate (non-refundable) has been hovering around 3000-3300 HKD per night. Right now it's 3000 and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger. It's non-refundable.

I've stayed here a few times in the past 5 years, always booking the lowest category room. I've paid anywhere from 2600-3000HKD. So I have paid 3000HKD, but to me that's really on the high end and I'm reluctant to pay that. But then I don't want to wait longer and see the rates go even higher.

To those who stay here more regularly, I'd like your advice. Should I wait it out? Do you think there's a good chance the rates go lower eventually?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
We're returning this Nov for 3 nights. It's not a peak period, not dates when any 5-star hotel sells out based on my experience of traveling to HK this time of the year >10 times. For the past couple months, the lowest rate (non-refundable) has been hovering around 3000-3300 HKD per night. Right now it's 3000 and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger. It's non-refundable.

I've stayed here a few times in the past 5 years, always booking the lowest category room. I've paid anywhere from 2600-3000HKD. So I have paid 3000HKD, but to me that's really on the high end and I'm reluctant to pay that. But then I don't want to wait longer and see the rates go even higher.

To those who stay here more regularly, I'd like your advice. Should I wait it out? Do you think there's a good chance the rates go lower eventually?
I've stayed there just once, so others may have a more informed perspective. On 10/23/16 I booked a 4 night prepaid stay (11/17-21) for 8250 HKD, King Bed Superior Room. While there I needed to extend the stay by a day, so on 11/18 I added an extra prepaid night for 2320 HKD. I do not know what rates were like before 10/23, however, so this data point may be of limited value. I was happy with the price I paid.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:14 pm

Now the lowest prepaid rate has skyrocketed to 3655 HKD. Forget it.

Why do rates swing so wildly for Asian properties? Same thing with Hilton Singapore. It's like playing slot machine.

Originally Posted by paradox
I've stayed there just once, so others may have a more informed perspective. On 10/23/16 I booked a 4 night prepaid stay (11/17-21) for 8250 HKD, King Bed Superior Room. While there I needed to extend the stay by a day, so on 11/18 I added an extra prepaid night for 2320 HKD. I do not know what rates were like before 10/23, however, so this data point may be of limited value. I was happy with the price I paid.
2100 HKD per night is an absolute steal! I've never seen rates like that before. That was direct through Hilton? Last Nov I stayed for 2600's (prepaid). Alright I'll make a refundable booking with another hotel. I probably will not do Conrad unless they get below 2800 HKD.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:43 pm

Yes, that rate was through Hilton. I had originally booked it with points using the AXON rate, but on a whim I decided to look at the cash rate. When I saw that the price had dropped that low, I felt confident enough to go for an advance purchase rate because it was just a month away. (I had booked it with points back in February or March.) Even better, I got the 4th night free because I booked it with my Citi Prestige.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by paradox
Even better, I got the 4th night free because I booked it with my Citi Prestige.
Thanks for clarifying. That actually works out to 2750HKD/night + 4th night free. That makes a lot more sense, although you still got a great deal getting that extra night for a mere 2320HKD. I'm determined to not pay more than 2800HKD per night.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:42 am
KRS

Why do rates swing so wildly for Asian properties? Same thing with Hilton Singapore. It's like playing slot machine.

2100 HKD per night is an absolute steal! I've never seen rates like that before. That was direct through Hilton? Last Nov I stayed for 2600's (prepaid). Alright I'll make a refundable booking with another hotel. I probably will not do Conrad unless they get below 2800 HKD.
Have you checked if a lower price is available elsewhere for the Conrad?

Consider trying a BRG to get the price you want.
I paid HK$1874+tax on my last visit, though this was in February.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:02 am

Okay, maybe I should look into it. I don't think I've even thought to book or even look up a Hilton on a third-party site in the last 4-5 years.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:42 am

Thanks for clarifying. That actually works out to 2750HKD/night + 4th night free. That makes a lot more sense, although you still got a great deal getting that extra night for a mere 2320HKD. I'm determined to not pay more than 2800HKD per night.
Reviewing my emails again, I see that the price I listed for the first four nights included tax. So the rate was 7500 HKD for four nights before the 4th night free. After the credit, I paid 6525 HKD, including tax. The 4th night was the cheapest, so that was the actual amount credited. (Under the current rules, the credit would be the average of the four nights and does not include tax.) The extra night I added on was 2320 HKD before tax. Apologies for mixing the post- and pre-tax rates.

Total for the Stay: 8,250.00 HKD/$1,063.39 USD
4th Night Credit (including taxes): 1,725.00 HKD/$222.35 USD
Total for the Stay with 4th Night Credit Applied: 6,525.00 HKD/$841.04 USD

I don't know if I happened to find a unicorn or if rates regularly drop in late October, but if I were in your shoes, I'd keep monitoring rates until booking a nonrefundable rate elsewhere or the period to cancel without penalty expires.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have often been able to get between 2200-2500 at lower seasons for many years.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
What kind of reccomdations are you looking for? Week in Hong Kong is a long time? What are you interested in?
Yes, we want to relax mainly and use the facilities at the hotel as we're Diamond.

We are travelling with an infant that's why 1 week.....so just relaxing, we're foodies so check out local cafes, coffee, shopping and swimming!

Ideally would like to do some markets, the peak, anything good for babies? I think Disneyland not worth it with a child under 2!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:24 pm

In 2015, spent 3 nights over Christmas there (Dec 24 - Dec 27)
Booked at a pre-paid nightly rate of 2625.00 HKD
This was for a KING BED SUPERIOR ROOM
After taxes, the price was 8,662.50 HKD for 3 nights
However, I would not consider even this price to be "cheap"
Hong Kong is a very expensive to visit.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:33 pm

Yes we've paid 2600++ for over 5 night stay - flexible rate. But with Diamond benefits we feel it's worth it as lots of inclusions
Next time will try look into BRG as below 2000HKD Sounds too good to be true!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guest found set of female underwear under bed cover at Conrad HK

http://www.flyertea.com/thread-1777743-1-3.html

Suggest use Chrome to open and ask translation. The thread is on the very popular Chinese frequent flyer site.

This is the first paragraph of the post

This post was last edited by benkkk at 2017-9-24 23:47

<<pm check-in, to lift the floor a good sea view room.
Put things out to eat, and then go to A sister concert.
Night late at night to go back to the hotel, is already two o'clock in the middle of the night, wash finished, go to bed to open the quilt scared silly. The The Bed sheets below impressively placed a set of women's underwear, underwear also his mother is a thong ..>>

So, the rumors about even 5-star hotels DONT change bed linens between guests are probably true... (I can believe it happens a lot in China, but in Hong Kong? That is very BAD. )

BTW the compensation Conrad was willing to give, is only 20K pts.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:53 am

This is a very helpful thread! I'm contemplating a stay here vs Sheraton vs JWM for NYE. Would like to figure out which hotel would offer best view of fireworks from either a common area (e.g., pool deck, lobby, etc.) or lounge. Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.