Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I made a booking today for December and was offered NOR1 upgrade options.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Any recent stays here? Good Diamond benefits? Easy to/from airport? Looking at either this place, the Hilton City, or the airport Hilton for an overnight (2PM-930AM) layover on our way home from the World Cup. Would like to hit up the Christmas market and explore Old Town. Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Hilton City has the best connection to the airport and is closest to the Christmas Markets. Park location does not have subway/ train access. Airport does not have Markets.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Any recent stays here? Good Diamond benefits? Easy to/from airport? Looking at either this place, the Hilton City, or the airport Hilton for an overnight (2PM-930AM) layover on our way home from the World Cup. Would like to hit up the Christmas market and explore Old Town. Thanks!
Hilton Munich Park has a Chrismas Market directly nearby at the "Englischer Garten".
Furthermore it`s a nice walk to the Old Town (30min) and there are also many Bus- and Tram-Connections from the Hotel in many directions.

The con: You have to change at Ostbahnhof to the Bus to/from the airport.
The pro: Directly on the "green lung" of Munich, much better breakfast than in the City. I like the Park more.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:02 pm

I've never been to Munich, so how far from the airport are either hotel (looks like 30 min)? Would it be an expensive taxi or ride organized from the hotel if it were that much easier for a 930A flight?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I've never been to Munich, so how far from the airport are either hotel (looks like 30 min)? Would it be an expensive taxi or ride organized from the hotel if it were that much easier for a 930A flight?
Airport to Munich City should be 30 Minutes with the S-Train.
Airport to Munich Park 45-50 Minutes with the S-Train and a change to Bus 54 at Ostbahnhof. Bus will stop in front of the Hotel "Am Tucherpark".

Taxi from here would be expensive, maybe 80-100 Euro.

If you have more nights, why not stay the last night at Munich Airport bevor an early flight?
It`s a great hotel with a nice lounge.

If you have just one night: Take the Munich Airport! Buy a day ticket and drive in 30-40 Minutes with the S-Train to Marienplatz, have fun there at the big chrismas market in the middle of the town, take the way out 30-40 Minuten back to Hotel/Airport, enjoy the Lounge, the Restaurant and the Breakfast - very good! The rooms are also the best ones of all Hiltons in Munich.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by flysmart2
Hilton Munich Park has a Chrismas Market directly nearby at the "Englischer Garten".
Furthermore it`s a nice walk to the Old Town (30min) and there are also many Bus- and Tram-Connections from the Hotel in many directions.
Agree with this - the market at the Chinesischen Turm is quite good and only a 5 minute walk, and the walk to the Marienplatz is very scenic, through the gardens and old town. Really enjoyed staying here during the holiday season a few years ago.

However...

Originally Posted by flysmart2
If you have just one night: Take the Munich Airport! Buy a day ticket and drive in 30-40 Minutes with the S-Train to Marienplatz, have fun there at the big chrismas market in the middle of the town, take the way out 30-40 Minuten back to Hotel/Airport
If OP has only one overnight window of 2 PM to 930 AM to work with, this is exactly what they should do.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:18 am

Thanks for the tips! I wish we had more time, but essentially we're just 'positioning' on the way home from DOH. It sounds like the Airport Hilton is the smartest bet (and less stressful in the morning for a 0930 flight), so it may make sense to stay there and just take the train in for the evening. The Munich Park Hilton does look great, though, and certainly peaceful.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:30 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I stayed there recently and do not think I will go back:
- rooms are old and dated
- lounge does not serve breakfast
- breakfast of poor quality and poor choices
The other Hilton does not look any better so I think I will stay with Accor in Munich.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rooms are average, generally large though.
In 99 out of 100 cases a real restaurant breakfast is bigger and better than a lounge breakfast, so who would want to eat in the lounge?
The restaurant breakfast has a decent selection and is pretty decent.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:04 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Because the lounge could be quieter and with more attentive service, for example ?
I disagree regarding the quality. The juices are watered down. The cereals selection is poor and all but one are very heavy on added sugars. Very little choice of toppings. Cold cut are ok but I have seen better in Hilton in Germany.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are few lounges in the United States or Europe that have what you seek. Asia, yes, but not something you will generally find at whatever operator and at whatever price point.

I cannot comment on the cereals..............however the cooked food choices - including eggs to order, not to mention meats, and grain based things and fruit were far more than sufficient. Regarding fruit juice, I would say that again, unless in some Asian place where they are making it fresh, especially in Europe fruit juices generally stink. You all think Granini is good?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
The Hilton on Rosenheimer Platz is decent, good lounge and right above the S-bahn.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I'm staying here shortly. Any recent experiences?
Old Aug 23, 2023, 6:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

What do you want to know ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.