FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Munich Park {DEU} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124911-hilton-munich-park-deu.html)

bearkatt Sep 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by servus (Post 12057402)
Here’s a short report about my recent trip to the Hilton Munich Park. After checking-out at the Hilton Munich City (see my separate trip report) we drove to the Hilton Munich Park (HHonors Category 4), Am Tucherpark 7, 80538 Munich, Tel: +49-89-38450, Fax: +49-89-38452588. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a bellman who offered assistance with our bags. After approaching the Front Desk, we were also greeted by the Front Desk agent. A few minutes later the agent handed us our room keys and apologized that she was not able to offer a complimentary upgrade, due to a fully booked hotel.

As I knew from other fellow FT’ers the Hilton Munich Park often doesn’t comply with the HHonors T&C by not providing upgrades to Gold and Diamonds.

In my room (no welcome note, no water, no VIP amenity), I took my laptop and checked the hotels availability online on www.hilton.com. As I assumed, there were still two Executive Rooms available at this time. To verify this information I also called International Reservation Desk and asked for two Executive Rooms. The agent also confirmed that there were still two Executive Rooms available.

So I went back to the Front Desk and asked the agent for what reason she couldn’t provide an upgrade. Once more she replied that the hotel is almost sold out and there are no more rooms available on their Executive Floor. I told her about the posts here on FT, my online check and my phone call with International Reservations. I placed my cell phone on the Front Desk, pushed redial and asked her to talk to her colleague to verify my information. Of course, she refused to accept my offer. Instead she went back on her computer to check the inventory again. After a few seconds she found one last room on the Executive Floor but mentioned it would be a small room, actually for single use only, but she’ll be happy to offer me this room. As I was travelling with my colleague (also Gold VIP) this last single room didn’t solve our problem completely, so I declined her offer. Also I knew, that the agent still was not telling the truth, as International Reservation confirmed two vacant Executive Rooms a few minutes ago. In addition to this, I have never ever been assigned a Single Room. Instead I always got a King Size room for single use. This morning I called Hilton Munich’s Reservation Department and asked expressly for a single room at the Hilton Munich Park. I wasn’t surprised, when the friendly agent told me, that the Hilton Munich Park does not have single rooms but she can offer me a regular King Size room for single use!

It’s not the declined upgrade what made me so angry, it’s the agents arrogance and disrespectful behaviour she treats customers with. This morning I wrote an email to the GM, who is also GM of the Hilton Munich City. Will report back if I receive a reply.

I recommend to stay away from this property and book the Hilton Munich City instead. Always very helpful and very friendly staff.

thanks for this headsup. i was going to do a 4 night reward stay but have changed my mind after reading your post.

PIJD Jul 17, 2010 6:02 am

Just got done with a 2 night stay, upgraded to the exec floor, nice room balcony overlooking the park.

If you do not want to take a taxi on any portion of your trip to the hotel, take the S8 to Isartor station, much closer to the hotel than hauptbahnhof station and a lot less crowded/ When you get out you need to look for the number 17 tram in the direction of Effnerplatz 6 stops later get off at Tivolistz, now you need to go left one block then right, there is a Hilton sign but cannot be seen from the Tram stop. About a 5 minute walk.

If you want to do a combo Sbahn/Taxi the closest station would be Englschalking which is only 6 stops from the airport on the S8, problem is trying to find a cab at Englschalking. Now if your going to the airport you can catch a cab to Englschalking about a 10 euro ride.

Some pictures from the hotel.

EL
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...l/IMG_0769.jpg

EL
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...l/IMG_0768.jpg

UA Mike Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am

Originally Posted by PIJD (Post 14315086)
Just got done with a 2 night stay, upgraded to the exec floor, nice room balcony overlooking the park.

If you do not want to take a taxi on any portion of your trip to the hotel, take the S8 to Isartor station, much closer to the hotel than hauptbahnhof station and a lot less crowded/ When you get out you need to look for the number 17 tram in the direction of Effnerplatz 6 stops later get off at Tivolistz, now you need to go left one block then right, there is a Hilton sign but cannot be seen from the Tram stop. About a 5 minute walk.

If you want to do a combo Sbahn/Taxi the closest station would be Englschalking which is only 6 stops from the airport on the S8, problem is trying to find a cab at Englschalking. Now if your going to the airport you can catch a cab to Englschalking about a 10 euro ride.

Some pictures from the hotel.

EL
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...l/IMG_0769.jpg

EL
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...l/IMG_0768.jpg

Thanks very much for this information. I'm looking forward to my first stay at this property (award stay) during the 1st week of Oktoberfest in September.

PIJD Jul 24, 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by UA Mike (Post 14356350)
Thanks very much for this information. I'm looking forward to my first stay at this property (award stay) during the 1st week of Oktoberfest in September.

You should have a great time, the hotel is a bit in a park/banking office area and not too convenient for the shopping/party crowd. But once you get the tram and Sbahn down no problem.

cfischer Jul 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by PIJD (Post 14356925)
You should have a great time, the hotel is a bit in a park/banking office area and not too convenient for the shopping/party crowd. But once you get the tram and Sbahn down no problem.

I think this property is located just fine and a short walk will get you to the subway or you can take the bus.

PIJD Jul 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 14359393)
I think this property is located just fine and a short walk will get you to the subway or you can take the bus.

Yes it is located just fine.

mp007 Aug 30, 2011 4:39 am

The worst stay ever in Hilton worldwide chain

This was my first experience to be kicked out of the swimming pool area as Spa receptionist claimed that my 5 y.o. is too loud for their environment. (She was just laughing - nothing extraordinary, beside the pool is not designated as Adults only).

Reported that to GM Mr. Arandelovic who appologized and this was it. After a couple of exchanged emails we couldn't find appropriate solution (Receptionist might get addittional training). Strange management.:td::td::td:

Avoid this hotel if you don't want unneccessary frustration.

Koby Aug 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by mp007 (Post 17021365)
This was my first experience to be kicked out of the swimming pool area as Spa receptionist claimed that my 5 y.o. is too loud for their environment.

Originally Posted by mp007 (Post 17021365)
Avoid this hotel if you don't want unneccessary frustration.

On the contrary, I will consider this hotel next time I'm in Munich! ^ :cool:

No, honestly, I understand your frustration as a parent. But for some of us this is a good thing...

MachOne May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Rental Car Desk / Email

Does anyone know which rental car agency is handing the rental car desk at the Munich Hilton?

Also, does anyone have an email address for the hotel?

Thanks,
MO

Rockhopper24 May 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Does any HHonors Diamond recently stayed here?

Flying to Munich in June. Given the negative comments of HHonors Diamond members in previous posts, I was wondering if things have changed recently (since most posts are quite old).

PIJD May 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Rockhopper24 (Post 18616041)
Flying to Munich in June. Given the negative comments of HHonors Diamond members in previous posts, I was wondering if things have changed recently (since most posts are quite old).

Stayed a few nights in April, not really an upgrade but was given the newer refurbished rooms. Breakfast only in Exec lounge, multiple stays in the past and never did get a choice between the restaurant or Exec lounge for B-Fast. Standard Wifi and lounge access for Diamonds.

PIJD May 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Just remembered I posted Exec lounge pics from a few years ago. Here are some from the Exec Lounge and Room that have been remodeled.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...2/IMG_1330.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...2/IMG_1368.jpg

Updated room with Balcony.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...2/IMG_1303.jpg

ellylex Jul 13, 2012 11:55 am

I have reservation at Le Meridien in Munich for 5 nights during Oktoberfest (coincidence) for 71K. Members suggested if I have points with Hilton to burn them.
I found availability for this property for 4 nights using AXON5 for 125K or even better GLON for 119K.

Is it a good location for a tourist (NOT to go to Oktoberfest grounds)? Does it take 30-40 min to get to train station?

Thanks

PS I just booked this hotel for 4 nights for 119K, and received eStandby Upgrade offer for an executive room for 0$ with comp breakfast, daily bottle of mineral water, etc.

Chang11 Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I stayed at this Hotel during Octoberfest last year. I took the tram from the railrod depot and it took about 30 minutes, then it was a bit of a walk with your luguage and a little confusing in finding the Hotel. Taxi from Hotel to Octoberfest about 5 Euros. If you stay at the Octoberfest until closing it is difficult to get a Taxi, fare at decent rate.

ellylex Jul 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11 (Post 18924639)
I stayed at this Hotel during Octoberfest last year. I took the tram from the railrod depot and it took about 30 minutes, then it was a bit of a walk with your luguage and a little confusing in finding the Hotel. Taxi from Hotel to Octoberfest about 5 Euros. If you stay at the Octoberfest until closing it is difficult to get a Taxi, fare at decent rate.

Thank you for replying. But I as I mentioned in my question - I am NOT interested in Oktoberfest. ((( I am asking whether it is a convenient location for a tourist.
Which station are you referring to as "railroad depot"?