Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Miles Posting?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2001, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Double Miles Posting?

On the AMEX double miles, double points promotion that ended 31 August, has anyone seen the double miles posted to the airline account yet?

I had numerous Hilton/Doubletree stays in the June - August timeframe, and although the "double miles" credit posted to the Hilton site, it did not post to my United Mileage Plus account. Since this was different hotels and different dates, I figured this meant the double miles would post after the promotion ended. However, it has ended, and my Mileage Plus account still shows only the 500 "undoubled" miles.

Am I simply premature (and everyone else is experiencing the same thing), or have other people's double miles posted?
Old Sep 6, 2001, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
All miles posted to my AA and HP accounts
Old Sep 7, 2001, 12:04 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
The double miles didn't post to my account until I called HHonors and inquired about it. The bonus miles posted in a couple of weeks.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 8:37 am

Counsellor -- It appears to be airline-specific. My AA miles all posted, both regular and bonus, and lately they actually post together at the same time.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 9:09 am

I had 6 stays during the promo period, and the double miles for each of the stays posted to my NW or AA account within a week of each stay.
Old Sep 8, 2001, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Like you, my bonus miles have not posted to my UAL account, although the base miles per stay have posted. Also, like you, both bonus and base miles appear in my HHonors account. I called HHonors several days ago and they said they would post to my UAL account shortly. I hope so.
Old Sep 8, 2001, 9:19 pm

Location: Vienna, VA - VS Silver, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Diamond
All my points have posted including a stay which I started on the 31st August until 3 Sep, Virgin have been slow posting points recently but it has now improved, maybe it was a communication problem between hilton and virgin
Old Sep 10, 2001, 4:32 pm

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
I had the exact same problem as Counsellor. During the June-August time period, I had around 10 stays at the same Hilton.

My standard 500 miles per stay have posted to my United Airlines Mileage Plus account. However, I have not received any of the Double Bonus miles. They are reflected in my HHonors account on-line, but not a single one has posted to my UAL account. For a while, I thought Hilton might wait until the end of the promotional period and then make a special bonus posting all at once.

Has anyone else had this problem with the double bonus and UAL?
Old Sep 10, 2001, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
My double miles have NOT posted on UA. Now, I'm on to the Visa promotion. Hope its not the same problem. Does each individual have to call HHonors Customer Service?
Old Sep 10, 2001, 8:40 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
I'm having the same problem as you folks with my Northwest accounts.
It's been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for the problem to be solved.
I hope the Fall Double Miles promotion will be a more pleasant experience!
I hate having to call in or type a message to Hilton again! *Sigh*
Old Sep 11, 2001, 9:07 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Interesting! Now that you mentioned it I noticed at that Hilton site everything is correct. But on UA just base miles.

I'm writing them. Thanks for the reminder.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 4:17 am
Original Poster

I received a nice e-mail from HHonors saying they were aware of the problem with the double miles not posting on United, and were working with United Mileage Plus on it. They said if I really needed the miles immediately, they would try to make accommodations for me. I don't need them that fast, so just asked them to keep me informed on developments.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 3:21 pm

My CO double miles haven't posted, although the regular miles have. Seems it's not airline specific after all... or maybe the PRESENCE of double miles is the exception that is airline specific.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 2:58 pm

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Thanks for the update Counsellor. It is good to learn that HHonors is aware of this problem and is working to have the miles posted.

Given what happened on Tuesday though, whether or not my double miles post does not really seem that important ....
Old Sep 14, 2001, 11:29 pm

Having same problem with miles posting to Continetnal. One Pass liason desk to checking into the problem.

The regular 500 miles posted, but, no bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.