FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark-Fremont {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124882-doubletree-hilton-hotel-newark-fremont-us-ca.html)

MIKEM Oct 13, 2001 12:06 am

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark-Fremont {US-CA}

Satyed at six Hilton properties in the past two weeks and was treated very well at the Fremont/Newark CA location. Staff upgraded me to the Executive Floor with a lounge open till 8:00. The manager personally introduced herself to me and said to contact her if there was anything I needed. I'm a HHGold and appreciated my stay at this property.

mypriceline.com Oct 13, 2001 2:13 am

How much did u pay for room rate>

------------------
www.MyPriceLine.com-a message board where others share winning airfare, hotel, or car rental bids from priceline.com.

MIKEM Oct 13, 2001 11:35 am

I paid $149 per night. I did get the full HH points, etc. I believe you would not get that with a wholesaler.

Mul Apr 22, 2005 10:54 pm

Any recent update?

Has anyone stayed at this place recently?

Xyzzy Apr 23, 2005 7:55 am

I was there once last year and it was fine. The lounge is closed on weekends so they gave us coupons for the restaurant. It's a nice hotel.

row1A Apr 23, 2005 10:13 am

Stayed there about 2 years ago, great place, but found the homewood suites about half a mile from there because the H was full. I haven't been back the H since. The homewood is a converted extended stay hotel. During the winter if you book online you can get rates as low as 79 bucks for the managers special. When booking, normally the lower you go on the page the higer the price, well it's true, but go to the bottom of the page to see the managers special pricing. These rates have to be booked online, a call to HH line won't get them.
All rooms are mini suites and up, you get snacks in evening and beer and wine(of course the wine is not vintage). Breakfast is different pretty much everyday. Easy access as the H also. I have always been upgraded to larger suites unless they are full.

row1a

Xyzzy Apr 23, 2005 1:46 pm

I've stayed at the Homewood too. It's almost always less expensive than the Hilton. It's just as good IMHO. There's also a Hampton nearby...

MIKEM Apr 23, 2005 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
It's just as good IMHO.

I would respectfully disagree, the Hilton Fremont is substantially better than the HS.

JDiver Apr 23, 2005 7:44 pm

I've had some enjoyable stays with great service at the Fremont Hilton. ^

Xyzzy Apr 23, 2005 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by MIKEM
I would respectfully disagree, the Hilton Fremont is substantially better than the HS.

Okay -- I suppose -- what I was trying to get across was that for me the difference in service is usually not worth the difference in price.

MIKEM Apr 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Okay -- I suppose -- what I was trying to get across was that for me the difference in service is usually not worth the difference in price.

We definitely can agree on that - especially the way prices are these days.

mcgahat May 12, 2006 10:27 pm

Anybody stay at this property recently? I notice they are stating a recent renovation on the web site and just curious how extensive the rooms have been renovated. Property looks reasonable at $99/night. Is the service level still high as well? Thanks.

hedoman May 13, 2006 9:11 am

Another Indian owned hotel

I've stayed here on and off for twenty plus years. Just five stays in past 7 years, the most recent being last week. It's hard to knock the place because they try hard to please. It's just that the underlying ambiance sucks. The executive lounge is worth about 25 cents, but they do have one.
Have always preferred the garden section of this hotel because I like fresh air versus AC.

Of the many hotels within a five mile radius, this one seems to be doing the least amount of business. If the rates are over $90, I'm on PL for this area.

azepine00 May 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Had a weekend stay there a couple weeks ago (as HH Dia).

The room on exec floor was perfectly fine, perhaps a bit small.
Exec lounge is closed on weekends.
Got up late for breakfast on sunday morning but was allowed to take a few breakfast items from their brunch buffet - that was a nice touch.
IIRC they stop serving breakfast at 10 am on sat and at 9 am on sunday.

$80 weekend rate + free parking + comfy bed + hilton promo = good choice ^

xFlagger May 15, 2006 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Had a weekend stay there a couple weeks ago (as HH Dia).

The room on exec floor was perfectly fine, perhaps a bit small.
Exec lounge is closed on weekends.
Got up late for breakfast on sunday morning but was allowed to take a few breakfast items from their brunch buffet - that was a nice touch.
IIRC they stop serving breakfast at 10 am on sat and at 9 am on sunday.

$80 weekend rate + free parking + comfy bed + hilton promo = good choice ^

What Hilton promo is that?

Thanks,

CF