Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: skywards, BMI, Qantas, Hilton honours
i am staying at this hotel this weekend and was wondering has anyone stayed here recently, everyone keeps on telling me that their is loads of building work going on but as I am going for a sea view room i wont worry too much about that, what is the hotel like for comfort and service?

Thanks
Saj
Old May 7, 2008, 3:26 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by 1trainer1
i am staying at this hotel this weekend and was wondering has anyone stayed here recently, everyone keeps on telling me that their is loads of building work going on but as I am going for a sea view room i wont worry too much about that, what is the hotel like for comfort and service?

Thanks
Saj
Here's a more recent thread, which might be useful:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...367&highlight=

I would think that a lot of the building work in the immediate vicinity of the hotel must be nearly finished by now. It was well on when we were there last year. As you get away fom the hotel, there is still an amazing amount of building work and road works plus traffic congestion. I personally like the hotel and found the service excellent and rooms comfortable. There was a good choice of nice restaurants.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL G, Marriott Gold, HH G, Europcar F
Current status and Daytrip around Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach?

Folks,

will be travelling to Dubai on business. Workwise, I will have to stay in the Jumeirah area, hence I am currently booked into the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach.

Has anyone been there recently, and can advise about the construction situation? Any disturbances in the hotel as such?

What would you advise to do if you have a free day to spend? I will most likely arrive on a Saturday morning around 9am in DXB (overnight with TK ex IST), and have the full Saturday free, meetings start on Sunday morning then. What would be a "no miss" for such a day if you are the first time in Dubai?

Thx! CharminBear
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I stayed in at the Jumeirah location in May and found the hotel to be pretty pleasant. As a Gold I was upgraded to a full suite and was given lounge access. Didn't realise about the existence of the Skyview lounge but we used the Executive Lounge. Good for breakfast and free drinks during happy hour, snacks laid out in the evening too.

The buildings overlooking the beach seemed to be complete but vacant but there was still a lot of work going on on the roads between the hotel and Sheikh Zayed Road which means you won't always be taking direct routes to get onto SZR.

Taxis are very cheap so if you need to go for don't be too concerned. If you have a free day you could do something like skiing in the Mall of the Emirates, that was quite good fun, or perhaps go karting outside at the autodrome.

If you want more of an authentic, historical Dubai experience you'd need to head down to the city itself. Walk around Bastakiya and visit the Dubai Museum, catch and abra or head to a souk.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
Hilton Jumeirah Beach

Hello all,

I have booked an executive room for 5 nights in August next year, the first time I have stayed at this particular hotel.

Having read Tripadvisor, the service here appears to be very good and upgrades appear to be given out frequently.

Having once been a HH Gold VIP, I am now back to Blue

Does anyone have any experiences of this hotel, and whether or not I am likely to be offered a room upgrade in August (is the hotel busy or quiet then?)

Many thanks,

Simon
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:18 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Not much happening in August in Dubai. I got upgraded to a Junior suite last year. Very nice room, nice hotel, but could do with a bit more entertainement close by.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
i was there beginning of august & it was very busy , but still managed to get an upgrade ( gold at that time).

Still a long well off , but with the general situation , would think you have a chance if you ask nicely !

Only stayed 2ngts but enjoyed it
Old Dec 4, 2008, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I was there in May and upgraded from a Deluxe Plus room to a full suite as a Gold, well I think it was a full suite. It was at the end of the corridor, on the right hand side was the bedroom, left hand side was the living room.

Was also given lounge access, which is far better than I've had at any Hilton anywhere else. Decent breakfast spread with snacks out all day, generous evening snacks and happy hour drinks. No free internet in the lounge, that we could figure out.

Enjoyed the hotel but the area is a little sterile, lots of construction, not so much on buildings but the roads between the hotel and Sheikh Zayed Road.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hi Simon,

I just got back from HDJ last week (my Mom was on the QE2 final voyage; we spent Thanksgiving Weekend together in Dubai).

Right now the building next door (toward downtown) is being demolished, but even though my room had a view of the construction area (along with Atlantis & the Burj al Arab), I could not hear them working unless I opened the door to the balcony.

I'm pretty sure all the Executive Rooms are on the top (9th) floor; the Executive Lounge is also on this floor. I would echo Fraser's comments above - the lounge is very nice, with more than enough free food served throughout the day to considerably reduce your restaurant expenditures (full breakfast 6:30 - 11:00, light snacks until 3, afternoon tea 3:00 - 6:00, cocktail hour with served hors-d'oeuvres 6:00 - 8:30, and coffee & tea until 11 p.m. Oh, be aware that guests are not allowed to remove any food or drink from the lounge (but I did get 2 bottles of water in the room every day). I didn't eat in the restaurants in the hotel very much, but the lobster tail in Pachanga (Latin-American themed restaurant) was excellent.

There is no free unrestricted internet available, but the Business Center has one computer that (at least some) guests are allowed to freely use to connect to e-mail. The staff in the Executive Lounge will print out a boarding pass for you without charge. Internet charges start at 40 dirham (~$14) for 30 minutes, and include wired use in the Executive Lounge, Business Center, and your room along with wireless access in the public areas of the hotel (including the Executive Lounge).

I ended up in a non-upgraded room - my fault, as I had reset my MyWay preference incorrectly. I asked if I could change the setting at check-in. but had no luck. Other than this the staff was very friendly and extremely accommodating. If you are hoping to get an upgrade, it may be worth your while to sign up for a Gold Fast Track offer after the New Year and make 4 cheap stays somewhere.

Enjoy your stay, and let us know how things went for you after you get back!
Old Dec 6, 2008, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I seem to recall that Exec Rooms were on both the 8th and 9th floor. The lounge is reasonably good there as Fraser mentions. I haven't been to this property for a while but as a Gold/Diamond I almost always received a suite upgrade often from a basic room. You can also pay a modest supplement to acheive this upgrade should you not receive it on a complementary basis (I think around $35 a night last time I paid). The regular rooms are relatively small hotel rooms, the Exec Suites are what I would describe as Embassy Suite type 1 bed suites with a large bathroom and sitting area. They are much more pleasant than the regular rooms. The end of corridor suites (Pacific Suites?) are slightly different and much dpeneds on whether you get the whole end of building or just half. With Just half of the full suite you end up with a sort of junior suite arrangement. These suites (and the Exec Suites IIRC) are found on all floors not just the Exec floors.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 2:21 am

It's not usually that busy during August compared to the rest of the year due to the heat and humidity, normally some bargain rates as well.

When in August are you going ? If it's after August 22nd you'll be into the Ramadan period, not much difference in the Hotel but will be more restrictive if out and about.

Always been upgraded as Gold apart from once but complained and was upgraded to a suite the next time.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:40 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by beergut
It's not usually that busy during August compared to the rest of the year due to the heat and humidity, normally some bargain rates as well.

When in August are you going ? If it's after August 22nd you'll be into the Ramadan period, not much difference in the Hotel but will be more restrictive if out and about.

Always been upgraded as Gold apart from once but complained and was upgraded to a suite the next time.
Thanks everyone for great advice and information! I am going during early August before Ramadan. I shall certainly post a trip report
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:38 am
cjd

Here's another thread on the hotel which has some useful information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=jumeirah
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort

Hi,

I've just booked a weeks stay at this resort as the Tripadvisor reviews seem pretty good. Two nights I've booked as a reward stay and with the remainder I've paid for the cheapest room type.

What sort of upgrade can I expect for my Diamond Status. I assume I'll get lounge access but can I expect a better room or have I made a mistake and should perhaps upgrade?

Thanks for your input

Rob
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I’m sure you will at least get a standard Executive floor room. On 4 out of 5 stays at this hotel I have been assigned corner suites. They are located on the north end, only drawback with these rooms is the lack of a balcony (room numbers X67).

Last edited by Gustaf; Apr 17, 2009 at 10:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.