Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Old Oct 16, 02, 6:35 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
John

Not don't know the e mail address but try faxing them on + 971-399-1112. I've always booked Dubai Creek on the Hilton website and faxed them afterwards, usually get a phonecall by return.However I've yet to try the Jumeirah.

Nigel

beergut is online now  
Old Dec 3, 02, 11:56 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Posts: 257
I am in the Burj Al Arab in Dubai right now with wireless lan free internet access.
I have just stayed in the Hilton Jumeriah Beach for 3 days using PS. The hotel is 30 mins by shuttle from the city and various shopping malls.
The hotel itself is really nice and just beside the Jumeriah Beach. It have 4 resturants. if you have the Diamond club, it will be 50% off for 2 person dinning.
They will provide free Airport transfer as well as scheduled shuttle bus transfer to the various shopping areas of the citiy (Burjamin shopping Centre, Gold Souk, City Centre shopping mall).
It is a pity that it is Ramadan now and all shopping in the mall and resturant are closed from 1-7pm.
The Hilton Dubai Creek is in the city centre, but quite small, look like the Hilton coppenhagen.


------------------
Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PP Gold, AMEX Centurion
cardiology is offline  
Old Dec 3, 02, 2:22 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JAP:
Got a rate of 285 AED ($77!!!) per room.

Looks like too good a deal to pass up in March Booked 2 rooms - will use points for a more expensive location ....
</font>

Never seen it that cheap before even during Ramadan !. Never stayed at the Hilton Jumeira but I love the Hilton Dubai Creek. The view from the rooftop pool is something else, also upgraded as Gold to the executive floor with lounge access and full free breakfast in room. Second time was given a HUGE room overlooking the Creek and again full breakfast for me and my room mate.

Nigel


beergut is online now  
Old Sep 17, 03, 4:04 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
Jumeirah beach

Ok , off to DXB for a couple of days, can't get into Dubai Creek even though the website says it's available so I've booked the Hilton Jumeirah Beach.

All that's left is Deluxe rooms or suites so booked the deluxe and hope for an upgrade !

Anybody stayed there ? done a search but nowt much comes up.

Thanks
Nigel

beergut is online now  
Old Sep 17, 03, 10:02 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tübingen, Germany
Posts: 2,732
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beergut:
Ok , off to DXB for a couple of days, can't get into Dubai Creek even though the website says it's available so I've booked the Hilton Jumeirah Beach.

All that's left is Deluxe rooms or suites so booked the deluxe and hope for an upgrade !

Anybody stayed there ? done a search but nowt much comes up.

Thanks
Nigel

</font>
Hi,
have stayed their twice the last four months.
I like the hotel, plenty of dining options, nice sports (water) alternatives. One time book on a Travel Agent rate and the other time normal rate. Both time upgraded to exec floor with two rooms. A bottle of wine and some snacks & fruits awaiting. Staff friendly - only side note do not wear shorts in Restaurants. Overall very good impression - rooms are large, modern and clean - large bathrooms.
Do not know what else to add. Free parking and easy drive into Dubai. From Airport not more than 30 min.
Enjoy !!! Am going back later this year.
Cheers

Thomas
tcswede is offline  
Old Sep 17, 03, 11:24 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
Thanks Thomas, if it's anything like the Hilton Dubai Creek then I'll be very happy.

Nigel

beergut is online now  
Old Sep 17, 03, 11:47 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tübingen, Germany
Posts: 2,732
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beergut:
Thanks Thomas, if it's anything like the Hilton Dubai Creek then I'll be very happy.

Nigel

</font>
Nigel,
personally I prefer it over the one at the creek - somewhat more relaxing even if the surroundings are somewhat less spectacular - some construction. Then it depends if you are there for work or pleasure

Cheers

Thomas
tcswede is offline  
Old Sep 17, 03, 3:09 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcswede:
Nigel,
personally I prefer it over the one at the creek - somewhat more relaxing even if the surroundings are somewhat less spectacular - some construction. Then it depends if you are there for work or pleasure

Cheers

Thomas
</font>

Always pleasure Thomas , going over to surprise a friend on his Birthday so only going to be there for a couple of days.

It's the view from the pool of the Dubai creek that hooked me. Oh and the spectacular upgrades and free FULL breakfast from room service even if upgraded to the executive floor etc etc.

Actually might work out better this time at the Jumeirah, force me to relax for a couple of days instead of doing the " sights " as usual.

Thanks for all your help, I'll have an expensive beer for you when I get there

Nigel


[This message has been edited by beergut (edited 09-17-2003).]
beergut is online now  
Old Sep 17, 03, 3:35 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Borders, Scotland, UK
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Posts: 550
Beergut.
What is your status with Hilton as they do free airport transfers both ways for Diamonds and Exec floor guests. It's good to have the Merc waiting when you arrive at DXB.

Love the hotel as it's more relaxed than other H hotels.Any other questions let me know but before Fri as we are off to AUH.

Cheers

Alan
Wudy15 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 03, 11:29 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wudy15:
Beergut.
What is your status with Hilton as they do free airport transfers both ways for Diamonds and Exec floor guests. It's good to have the Merc waiting when you arrive at DXB.

Love the hotel as it's more relaxed than other H hotels.Any other questions let me know but before Fri as we are off to AUH.

Cheers

Alan
</font>
Lowly Gold Alan, just off to the Airport now. Will be at DXB until early hours of Monday if you find yourself with a spare hour.

Thanks for the Merc tip but I think friends are picking me up.

Nigel

beergut is online now  
Old Oct 8, 03, 2:14 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tübingen, Germany
Posts: 2,732
Hijacking the tread slightly...

Can anyone tell me what impact Ramadan will have on the normal service levels this particular hotel provides - constraints ?

Cheers

Thomas
tcswede is offline  
Old Oct 8, 03, 3:26 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcswede:
Hijacking the tread slightly...

Can anyone tell me what impact Ramadan will have on the normal service levels this particular hotel provides - constraints ?

Cheers

Thomas
</font>
Probably the same as any other Hotel, none as I recall. I stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek during Ramadan a couple of years ago and no restrictions whatsoever. You of course shouldn't be drinking / eating and smoking during daylight hours outside of Hotels but it's fine while on Hotel grounds.

Might be back there myself during Ramadan.

Nigel

beergut is online now  
Old Oct 27, 03, 1:17 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Posts: 5,525
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort Trip Reports and Reviews

My wife and her friend are having a week away in the sun staying at the Hilton Jumeirah, Dubai.

I made the reservation in my name for 7 nights using points as a bog standard gold.

It appears that they are getting all the benefits. The have been upgraded to a exec room with executive lounge access. This comes with free breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour. They have also had bottles of water, fresh fruit and deserts delivered to their room.

All I can say is thanks Hilton for looking after them so well, this trip has earned me extra brownie points with the Mrs
CT-UK is offline  
Old Oct 27, 03, 3:23 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,055
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
My wife and her friend are having a week away in the sun staying at the Hilton Jumeirah, Dubai.

I made the reservation in my name for 7 nights using points as a bog standard gold.

It appears that they are getting all the benefits. The have been upgraded to a exec room with executive lounge access. This comes with free breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour. They have also had bottles of water, fresh fruit and deserts delivered to their room.

All I can say is thanks Hilton for looking after them so well, this trip has earned me extra brownie points with the Mrs
</font>
As a Gold I was only given a deluxe + room although executive lounge access was allowed. Maybe a complaint is in order.

Nigel
beergut is online now  
Old Oct 29, 03, 10:42 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Posts: 5,525
3 days in to their stay and they are still getting the same treatment 2 vwy happy girls in thw sun!

Maybe I will get away with leaving the washing up for 10 days until they get back
CT-UK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: