Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by sannmann
Has anyone stayed in this property recently? Is it any good?
Have stayed in all the Hilton properties.
Creek - good for seeing that part of town, ok hotel.
Jumeriah Beach - once was enough, full of butch Russians and found the staff very surly. Small rooms.
Waldorf - pricey but luxurious and a relaxing stay. Miles away from town
Conrad - nice hotel but not for me being in the middle of town
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Correct as Wozza2404 says no lounge access for Gold or Diamonds at Waldorf Dubai, however they do give free breakfast for 2 persons to Diamonds in the main restaurant.
Waldorf in my opinion is by far the most luxurious of the Hiltons in Dubai ans also has the best service but you will be a bit of a prisoner here as it is right round the far end of the palm.
If you want chill time Waldorf would be my choice also no fighting for sunbeds with ample on its private beach.

If you want lively atmosphere and being in the middle of things Jumeirah Beach Resort would be a better option. Nice Executive lounge and right on the beach. Lots of restaurants and shops minutes away. Hilton The Walk are the apartments behind the original hotel and are great for families or large groups with very spacious accommodation.
I did make a booking at The Walk last night, but I'm still not sure if I'll keep it. It was mainly for the exec lounge, which I hear has a great view. I booked a loft apartment, which also seems like it will have a lovely view.

I would like a nice view (as you may have guessed!), but being on the beach isn't that important as my red hair turns me into a bit of a wimp in the heat. So I don't plan to be stuck on a beach all day.

I would also like to be somewhere well located for dinner options which don't cost an arm and a leg, so would I be better suited staying somewhere like Hilton Dubai Creek?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MrLee
I did make a booking at The Walk last night, but I'm still not sure if I'll keep it. It was mainly for the exec lounge, which I hear has a great view. I booked a loft apartment, which also seems like it will have a lovely view.

I would like a nice view (as you may have guessed!), but being on the beach isn't that important as my red hair turns me into a bit of a wimp in the heat. So I don't plan to be stuck on a beach all day.

I would also like to be somewhere well located for dinner options which don't cost an arm and a leg, so would I be better suited staying somewhere like Hilton Dubai Creek?
The Walk exec lounge has an open air terrace area on the roof, and the view over the palm is very nice. The exec lounge at Hilton JBR is on the other side, and although you can go out onto the balcony there isn't a roof terrace. It looks the other way down JBR - you can't see the palm.

In that area, there are loads of reasonably priced food options. Lots of chains like Chilis are down on JBR, and there are plenty of pub options like Girders who do 'pint and a burger' type food. The beach front restaurant at Hilton JBR (which you can access from the Walk) is also nice for a lunch.

How long are you there? The obvious suggestion would be to split your stay between one of the JBR properties and then stay at the Creek (or even the Conrad if you've never stayed there before)?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The Walk exec lounge has an open air terrace area on the roof, and the view over the palm is very nice. The exec lounge at Hilton JBR is on the other side, and although you can go out onto the balcony there isn't a roof terrace. It looks the other way down JBR - you can't see the palm.

In that area, there are loads of reasonably priced food options. Lots of chains like Chilis are down on JBR, and there are plenty of pub options like Girders who do 'pint and a burger' type food. The beach front restaurant at Hilton JBR (which you can access from the Walk) is also nice for a lunch.

How long are you there? The obvious suggestion would be to split your stay between one of the JBR properties and then stay at the Creek (or even the Conrad if you've never stayed there before)?
I know, I was toying with that idea yesterday when I was thinking whether to have 2 days at the Walk, for example, and then 2 days at the WA.

It will be my first time in Dubai and I won't land until after 10pm on the first night, so it will likely be a small bite and then off to bed. I then have 3 full days there and will catch a lunch time flight the following day.

That could be a good idea, though, to have split the time between the Walk and the Creek.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:15 am

When are you planning on going? If it's August or early September I can't imagine spending time on the beach would be a good idea especially if the heat isn't your thing. It gets a bit warm. Once you remove the beach, JBR is really just a small outdoor mall with a lot of chain restaurants.

I would stay at one of the properties geared towards indoor activity. I've not visited the Creek but I thought the Conrad was nice and not far away from the Mall.

JBR is about 45 minutes from the airport if it matters.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
When are you planning on going? If it's August or early September I can't imagine spending time on the beach would be a good idea especially if the heat isn't your thing. It gets a bit warm. Once you remove the beach, JBR is really just a small outdoor mall with a lot of chain restaurants.

I would stay at one of the properties geared towards indoor activity. I've not visited the Creek but I thought the Conrad was nice and not far away from the Mall.

JBR is about 45 minutes from the airport if it matters.
I'll be there at the end of September, so hopefully avoiding the major heat. Although I appreciate you can probably never escape it in Dubai.

I thought the Conrad was the main one people seem to be avoiding these days, after what I was reading on the dedicated thread?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I think from what you are saying Hilton The Walk will suit you best if you had to choose one hotel but splitting your trip between The Walk and Waldorf would be my recommendation.

The loft apartments at The Walk are very spacious and very high up
Lifts can be a bit slow and no uber luxury but quite nice all round we have stayed here many times and would definitely return but the hotel management have been much tighter with their upgrades for Diamonds the last few years and the apartments can work out very expensive for a family.
Executive lounge isn't bad with a nice seating area outside with views of the Marina area
Many restaurants literally outside the foyer and you can use the facilities at the adjacent Hilton Jumeirah beach hotel.

We have also stayed at the Conrad Dubai many times and unfortunately it has steadily gone downhill, such a shame we are hoping it improves soon as it used to offer everything we was looking in a hotel, except for a beach.

If you do decide on the Waldorf it is an amazing hotel and I recommend the Atlantis view

Enjoy !

Last edited by PaulH1; Aug 2, 2017 at 7:09 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MrLee
I know, I was toying with that idea yesterday when I was thinking whether to have 2 days at the Walk, for example, and then 2 days at the WA.

It will be my first time in Dubai and I won't land until after 10pm on the first night, so it will likely be a small bite and then off to bed. I then have 3 full days there and will catch a lunch time flight the following day.

That could be a good idea, though, to have split the time between the Walk and the Creek.
I would do this. I probably wouldn't go out to the WA if I was on my own, but that's a personal choice.

I think JBR is a lot more than 'a mall with a few chain restaurants'. It's a modern, bustling hub; and other than outside the mall on a Friday afternoon it's the only place in Dubai you're pretty much guaranteed to see lines of Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, etc. if that's your thing.

That said, you are very much 'down the bottom end' of Dubai, and so moving up to the Creek would allow you to see the older side of Dubai. The Souks, the creek, and you're also closer to Dubai Mall up there (which IMHO is a much better experience than Mall of the Emirates).

When are you there?

Edit: Regarding your comments on the Conrad, it has indeed gone way downhill recently. That being said, it's still a very new, very luxurious hotel. I'd say if you haven't been there before, thus can't miss the things that have been removed, you may well still find it a very nice property. The quality of the rooms, etc. hasn't diminished, it's just the lounge offerings, etc. that aren't what they once were. But you can't miss what you've never had.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Still a little confused but think I finally get the difference between “The Walk” the JBR. I have an overnight in DXB and booked the Walk but unsure if I should be staying at the JBR?

Both are good for the $250 resort credit that comes with the Aspire card, which is why I’m staying at either one. Just trying to decide now on which one to stay. I settled on the Walk for now, but trying to decipher if I made the right choice.

This is just an overnight and probably won’t be going to the pool or beach or outside the hotel as I only have 20 hours. So comparing the Walk to the JBR, which one has the better executive lounge?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:47 am
cjd

Arrow Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah {ARE} (joins Honors September 2020)

Yet another Hilton to be opened in Dubai. Located on the "trunk" of the Palm Jumeirah and due to open in September 2020. Beach location, 9 restaurants, pool and Executive Lounge. See:
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ua...JHI/index.html
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:34 am

Hi there,

anyone been staying this year?
We're planning to go there as a couple in 2 weeks.
We're both gold (not that it makes a double upgrade =) ).
Wondering if it's advised to book 1 category below exec room to get the exec room.
Sure we can also pay for it but you know
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by NicoBiz
Hi there,

anyone been staying this year?
We're planning to go there as a couple in 2 weeks.
We're both gold (not that it makes a double upgrade =) ).
Wondering if it's advised to book 1 category below exec room to get the exec room.
Sure we can also pay for it but you know
My experience is that Dubai hotels tend to prioritise repeat guests for upgrades, over status. However given current occupancy levels I'd say booking one below an Exec would give a pretty solid chance as Gold.

Do be aware it will be reduced service due to the Covid guidelines.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:20 am

I prefer the Hilton Dubai The Walk. Jumeriah is old, and the GM at the Walk will always upgrade and treat diamond members really well. I’ve routinely been upgraded to the best two level penthouse suites after booking a regular room many times over.

The stays have always been amazing. They’ve even put things in the room that I have requested like ginger ale, and other snacks. I can’t recommend the Walk more in Dubai, and I’ve stayed at a lot of the Dubai Hilton properties.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I prefer the Hilton Dubai The Walk. Jumeriah is old, and the GM at the Walk will always upgrade and treat diamond members really well. I’ve routinely been upgraded to the best two level penthouse suites after booking a regular room many times over.

The stays have always been amazing. They’ve even put things in the room that I have requested like ginger ale, and other snacks. I can’t recommend the Walk more in Dubai, and I’ve stayed at a lot of the Dubai Hilton properties.
I was also for the walk but the lounge is closed there and the Jumeirah lounge is open.
Idon't think you can go to the jumeirah lounge if you stay at an exec room at the walk...

I guess you can use the "private" beach either way...
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by NicoBiz
I was also for the walk but the lounge is closed there and the Jumeirah lounge is open.
Idon't think you can go to the jumeirah lounge if you stay at an exec room at the walk...

I guess you can use the "private" beach either way...
Who needs a lounge with a huge private suite? Ask the GM, Michael Mundia, to have snacks that would otherwise be in the club sent to your room. He’s usually really nice and happy to accommodate these requests.
flockavelliFT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.