Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I haven't stayed at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort, but I recently stayed at Conrad which is top notch and highly recommended. But they are in two different parts of Dubai; Conrad is a business hotel in downtown Dubai (and very convenient for the airport by metro) whereas Hilton Jumeirah is a beach resort at the outskirts of Dubai (in Jumeirah) around 45-60 min by taxi from the airport. Conrad has a nice pool area though if you don't need the beach.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Having stayed in both many times, it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. The Conrad is full of beautiful people at the weekends, racking up eye watering bar bills around the pool. The Jumeirah resort is more family orientated.

The Conrad has one of the best exec lounges I've ever seen in a Hilton property, but unless you're Diamond I wouldn't think you'd get access without specifically booking an exec room.
Thanks for feedback. I booked the Conrad for four nights, and asked for paid upgrade to Exec Room. ^
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:45 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by 747FC
Hi cjd. Would you recommend the Conrad over the Hilton Jumeirah Resort?

Thanks!
Looks like you made your choice! I will definitely go back to the Conrad Dubai on our next trip there. It's a city hotel with great Exec lounge and great service. It's fairly close to the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa Tower. Just be aware that at weekends from Thursday through Saturday, the pool area gets very busy. We ate at the Marco Pierre White Grill in the hotel one night and enjoyed the meal there.
On our last stay at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, we found that the beach and pool seemed to be overcrowded and we put it down to the fact that all the guests in the recently opened Hilton Dubai Walk were able to use the hotel facilities. Think on our next visit, we may try the new Doubletree Jumeirah Beach hotel for a couple of nights.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:23 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
What are the offerings in the executive lounge in the afternoon and in the evening?
Old May 7, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Has anyone stayed in this property recently? Is it any good?
Old May 10, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by sannmann
I like it. Decent facilities and the lounge is reasonable.

I prefer Hilton Dubai The Walk if I'm travelling with my kids though, as the apartment format suits us better.

You can still use all the Hilton Jumeirah facilities when you're staying at The Walk (they're connected by a bridge).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by sannmann
The worst Hilton I have stayed in anywhere in the world.

Rude staff. Bad food. Dirty, poorly maintained rooms. Woeful wifi.

Stay anywhere else but there.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
The worst Hilton I have stayed in anywhere in the world.

Rude staff. Bad food. Dirty, poorly maintained rooms. Woeful wifi.

Stay anywhere else but there.
Probably a bit of an over reaction.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:26 am

Has anyone had any experience of staying at the Conrad and being able to use the beach at the Jumeirah Hilton?

I know Hilton Dubai Creek guests can use the beach, and they run a shuttle, but not sure about the Conrad.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:39 pm

I have the choice between the Beach Resort Hilton and the "Hilton the walk". Which one is better? The price is almost the same.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:24 am

It depends on what you want.

The Beach resort is right on the beach but an older property that is well maintained.

The Walk, is across the street and the entrance is chaotic to put it nicely, but the building is newer and I think the rooms are bigger/nicer/more modern.

I believe the services of both properties (gym, restaurants, etc) are available to you when staying in either.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by ICPUI
I have the choice between the Beach Resort Hilton and the "Hilton the walk". Which one is better? The price is almost the same.
What did you end up going for in the end and what are your thoughts, please?

I'm currently looking into which is the best Hilton property to stay at for a single person (so not a big family resort) spending 3 days in Dubai, looking to do some of the tourist things.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by MrLee
What did you end up going for in the end and what are your thoughts, please?

I'm currently looking into which is the best Hilton property to stay at for a single person (so not a big family resort) spending 3 days in Dubai, looking to do some of the tourist things.
The Walk is studios and apartments (so the have little kitchen units, etc.). Whereas Hilton JBR is a full service hotel resort. Generally if I have to be on JBR I stay at Hilton JBR when on my own, and at The Walk with family. There will be families at both properties, however; after all, this is JBR.

For a more 'business focused' property try the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I wouldn't recommend the Conrad.

There's a new Doubletree at Business Bay (very close to Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa) but I haven't tried it yet.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The Walk is studios and apartments (so the have little kitchen units, etc.). Whereas Hilton JBR is a full service hotel resort. Generally if I have to be on JBR I stay at Hilton JBR when on my own, and at The Walk with family. There will be families at both properties, however; after all, this is JBR.

For a more 'business focused' property try the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I wouldn't recommend the Conrad.

There's a new Doubletree at Business Bay (very close to Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa) but I haven't tried it yet.
Thank you. I've looked at the reviews on here and TripAdvisor for all of the Hilton properties and I'd say I've got it down to DoubleTree - Jumeirah Beach, Hilton JBR or Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah.

In terms of the hotel, I'm guessing the Waldorf would be the clear winner. My sticking points are probably that it seems the other two hotels are better located and 40k points less per night.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by MrLee
Thank you. I've looked at the reviews on here and TripAdvisor for all of the Hilton properties and I'd say I've got it down to DoubleTree - Jumeirah Beach, Hilton JBR or Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah.

In terms of the hotel, I'm guessing the Waldorf would be the clear winner. My sticking points are probably that it seems the other two hotels are better located and 40k points less per night.
Plus no guarantee of lounge access or breakfast at the WA. And getting on/off the palm can be a right ball ache if you're wanting to go and see things other than the Palm.

Hilton JBR has an exec lounge, but the Doubletree is newer. Also do bear in mind that the Doubletree has a nightclub underneath that's used as a destination bar by a lot of people at weekends; and can be quite loud.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Correct as Wozza2404 says no lounge access for Gold or Diamonds at Waldorf Dubai, however they do give free breakfast for 2 persons to Diamonds in the main restaurant.
Waldorf in my opinion is by far the most luxurious of the Hiltons in Dubai ans also has the best service but you will be a bit of a prisoner here as it is right round the far end of the palm.
If you want chill time Waldorf would be my choice also no fighting for sunbeds with ample on its private beach.

If you want lively atmosphere and being in the middle of things Jumeirah Beach Resort would be a better option. Nice Executive lounge and right on the beach. Lots of restaurants and shops minutes away. Hilton The Walk are the apartments behind the original hotel and are great for families or large groups with very spacious accommodation.

Last edited by PaulH1; Aug 1, 2017 at 11:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.