Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gaza
Has anyone stayed here recently? The website still mentions the building work taking place on The Walk and that it can be see/heard from some rooms. Any advice on what part of the hotel to avoid would be appreciated.

Also, what is success rate for Gold being upgraded? Previously we stayed at the Dubai Creek and on both occasions were upgraded and given full breakfast in the restaurant, although I was Diamond at the time. That was 8 years ago and as we now have a 5 year old we felt the Jumeriah was a better choice than the Creek.

Having visited the Jumeriah when staying at the Creek we were aware that there was a kids club but there is no mention of this on the hotels webpage.

Hi, just returned today after a 4 days stay. It is the 7th time we visit this hotel during past years. Currently constructions are 2, one on the right side of the hotel (the beach) and one on the left (a mall). This one is the biggest one, already arrived at 4th floor. We got the room with view on this side and really no truble. They work day and night but really no much noise even during late night (and we have a baby). Plus a New island is under construction front left, in front of the Sheraton....amazing!
We are Diamond and got upgraded to a very beautiful Suite. In the past, as Diamond, we always got Lounge access even if not on Executive floor.
When booking we were offered an early check-in option (before 2) at 100 Dhs. Very reasonable and got the room at 10.30 am! Recommended.
Try also Dinner buffet at Oceania that are all great.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking forward to going back.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW AList, Delta Platinum
Pool to be closed in January?!?

All - I was randomly looking on the Hilton website and saw that there's an alert on the page that says the pool will be closed from January 7-31, 2014. Umm, when I booked my 5 night stay months ago there was no mention of the pool being closed. Seeing as this is one of the big features of the hotel (and our 3 year old would have been looking forward to it), will they offer us the use of another pool at a different hotel? Kind of feel deceived since it was not included in any confirmation or booking and just randomly stumbled across it.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Dora&Diego
Hi, just returned today after a 4 days stay. It is the 7th time we visit this hotel during past years. Currently constructions are 2, one on the right side of the hotel (the beach) and one on the left (a mall). ...

I was there 2 weeks ago...this is what the "left" side construction look like from the 4th floor

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

It's not as bad as it seems. Traffic is the bigger problem in my mind.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am planning a 2-nights visit to Dubai.
Which HH property is better to visit the city? Both old and new part (Palm, Burj, Malls and so on).
All of them have swimming pool or beach access? (at the moment I do not have access to HH website)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Enterprise Gold
Stayed here in September for a week as a gold. We were upgraded to a suite on the 10th? floor. Great service, great beach access. Construction was no problem, but the traffic could be brutal getting in from the highway at times. We found it was best to walk to the train, although it was quite warm under the September sun.

Only complaint at all with the property was the lack of any kind of late checkout. I think they wanted 400-600 AED to get a 4 or 6 pm checkout and wouldn't offer anything past the normal time. We checked out and did a day rate at the Hilton Dubai creek for less money.

Also, don't leave the safe unlocked with anything in it. Housekeeping will lock it and you'll have to call security to have it opened. I think I left my passport sitting in there when we went to breakfast one morning. Glad they are concerned, but not sure why they have to check it four times a day.

They somehow figured out it was my wife's birthday when we were there and we returned to a note, spa voucher and cake, complete with candles!

We will definitely return here for business and pleasure in the future.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:02 pm

I am going to dubai for 10 days on vacation in july (yesss july ). Via AMEX i got an okay rate at the fairmont the palm, but the hilton jumeirah is appr. half of the price. The fairmont is newer and on the stem of the palm. It rates better on tripadvisor. The hilton is way cheaper and i am HH Gold. Any considerations?
When I look at the pics, the Hilton seems to show age. Also the pool and beach area looks less nice. The fact that hilton residence occupants can use the private beach seems like a danger for overcrowding..
I am tending towards the fairmont for the "beach part" of the vacation, yet the huge price difference makes me uneasy. Anyone stayed at both locations to give an oppinion? Anyone stayed at either / or the recent weeks - noticed any construction site/outages etc?

Much appreciated.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:06 pm

If you need more flexibility, try the Residences.

We were on a 23hour layover last may, and I had 2 rooms booked. We were upgraded to 2 bedroom suites each. Our flights were at 11:30 pm , and they allowed us 8:00 pm checkout at no charge.

At that time there was no access to exec lounge at the Hilton, ( may have changed) but we were allowed to use all the Hilton facilities, pool etc , and we're given the full breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The Residences are just across the street.

They were very helpful and welcoming.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:20 pm

Anyone have a recent update on this hotel? Also is the Residences now called Hilton Dubai the Walk by any chance?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:25 am

What did you want to know?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
What did you want to know?
Wanted to know of a recent update of the construction. It's posted on Hilton's site. Just wondering if it really gets in the way.

Also a bit confused as this thread keeps referring to Residences but I don't see that hotel anymore, looks like based on hotels available on Hilton's site and its location the current name is Hilton Dubai the Walk. Just wanted to confirm this to make sure I'm reading about the same hotel I'm thinking of booking.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:02 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by greendx
Wanted to know of a recent update of the construction. It's posted on Hilton's site. Just wondering if it really gets in the way.

Also a bit confused as this thread keeps referring to Residences but I don't see that hotel anymore, looks like based on hotels available on Hilton's site and its location the current name is Hilton Dubai the Walk. Just wanted to confirm this to make sure I'm reading about the same hotel I'm thinking of booking.
Can't answer your first question about the construction, but can confirm that the Residences were re-named Hilton Dubai the Walk and it is located opposite the Hilton Jumeirah Beach and joined by an overhead walkway.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Can't answer your first question about the construction, but can confirm that the Residences were re-named Hilton Dubai the Walk and it is located opposite the Hilton Jumeirah Beach and joined by an overhead walkway.
Thanks. I'll be in Dubai for 3 nights next month as part of that EY mistake fare. Since there are 3 of us I was hoping to get a suite with multiple beds without going broke and so far this Hilton Dubai the Walk seems like my best bet so I'll probably end up booking it.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:20 am
cjd

Thanks. I'll be in Dubai for 3 nights next month as part of that EY mistake fare. Since there are 3 of us I was hoping to get a suite with multiple beds without going broke and so far this Hilton Dubai the Walk seems like my best bet so I'll probably end up booking it.
When we last stayed at the Hilton Jumeirah Beach in 2013, we enjoyed the new "Walk" development with its shops, restaurants and little market stalls. The new "Beach" retail/cinema complex was being constructed and looks like it is now complete. Here's an article from "Time Out" about it. In the first photo, the Hilton Jumeirah Beach is the smaller building on the left and the Hilton Dubai the Walk is one of the high rise buildings behind the new complex. http://www.timeoutdubai.com/gallery/...e#.VLEWLCusXed

We actually had a look around the Residences as it was called then and it looked very nice. We used the pool there because it was much quieter than the Jumeirah Beach Hilton pool.

We were back in Dubai again last year, but stayed at the Conrad and Waldorf Astoria that time - both highly recommended.

Last edited by cjd; Jan 10, 2015 at 5:26 am
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:54 am

The Mall next door to the Hilton (it's called "The Beach") is now complete.

On the other side of the Hilton Jumeirah Beach is a new hotel complex going up (Crystal something by Rixos) but construction is well contained.

I was there over Christmas again this year and they were digging up part of the street in front of the mall to install something and this narrowed the road.

If you're just there to enjoy the Beach and the area it's just a bit of background noise. In the last 15 years, I can't recall a time where construction wasn't part of the background noise.

That said, traffic on that particular stretch of road is bad. It's busy intersection with lots of foot traffic and the mall's underground parking just adds to the congestion. It's a bit like Oxford St in London with traffic moving at a snails pace.

There is also a second set of construction on the Plaza level of buildings along "The Walk". On the non-beach side of the road, most of the towers are connected via walkways and open air plazas with small shops/restaurants. Almost all of these plazas are under construction (I think they're repaving) to the point of being a no-go area. This is the level of the walkway connecting the 2 Hiltons. I think the walkways is open but most of the shops on that level are closed (or were 2 weeks ago). Unless you're there for a while, most people probably don't even know about the Plaza level so I'd bet it's a non-issue.

Top tip: I usually have the hotel empty the mini-bar and then I stock up on water/soda/snacks at the Al Maya (little supermarket) on the Plaza level. I know food is cheap there, but there is something about the hotels markup on these items that bugs me....

If you're in Dubai for the beach - it's a great area to stay. If you want to tour Dubai itself, it's going to be more convenient to stay nearer the City. It's not the distance to the City, but the traffic in/out of the beach area that will take time.

The Conrad is a great suggestion but Dubai's not short of great hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.