Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hence why I said believe it or not. There were even floods in Al Ain!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Anybody been recently?

Between Here and Le Royal Meridien (am plat with SPG) which would you choose (priority = beach and decent room)

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Anybody been recently?

Between Here and Le Royal Meridien (am plat with SPG) which would you choose (priority = beach and decent room)

Thanks
I've been in both hotels. Last year I stayed at Le Royal Meridien (Club building), while few days ago I came back from Hilton Jumeirah (Exec floor).

For me there is no doubt that Le Royal Meridien is simply better hotel in terms of everything: grounds, pools, restaurants, services. Overall i think that it is probably one of the best hotels in Dubai. I even liked it more than Jumeirah Beach Hotel where I stayed 2 years ago.

Both Le Royal Meridien and Hilton have a very nice beach in front of their properties. Rooms & views are comparable as well. Exec lounge works pretty much the same in both properties: breakfast, snacks during the day, high tea, drinks from 6pm to 8:30pm. I haven't spotted any big differences between them which would let me say that one is better than other.

They have both a very nice location by The Walk which is pretty lively in the evening. LRM has one of the best in my opinion lebanese restaurants in Dubai - Al Khaima. No matter if you stay at Hilton or LRM, don't miss the food there and belly dancing show on Thursday evenings. Hilton doesn't have any truly arabic restaurant, but they do serve sheesha by the pool and by the beach.

LRM has a shuttle bus, Hilton doesn't. I know taxis are pretty cheap there but the distances in Dubai are huge. LRM doesn't participate in SPG, which is something you may consider, as the SPG benefits might not be valid.

I would come back to Hilton anytime, especially if I can get it cheaper than LRM or if there is a nice promo like Q4, but overall I rate LRM higher.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:59 pm

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
[QUOTE=terminalfive;15442287]Anybody been recently?

Thanks[/QUOT

Have stayed at the LRM when Jumeirah beach and what's today the Dubai Marina was almost an outpost , with the Hard Rock Cafe (not anymore there) the only outside choice for restaurant. Not sure if the LRM is participating into the SPG program (not evident and depending on each individual hotel for several SPG brands in Dubai) Stayed two weeks ago at the Grosvenor House (another possible good choice in the Jumeirah area and part of the SPG program since early this year) and I was simply impressed . Hotel, service and rooms are outstanding . Thel area is work in progress but you do not hear it . The Hotel is a block from the sea (with a new twin tower almost completed taking some of the brethtaking view on the Jumeirah beach and the palm) and on the new marina (with retsaurants ans a bit of life at dusk) . From the GH you can take the complimentary shuttle to the LRM beach (nice) and use all their services , billing your room at the GH. SPG elites are well treated and the lounge on the 44th floor has a good view on all the beach Not been at the Hilton on the beach , but heard good of it . Just saw it a bit dwarfed by various new towers on the Marina . Several threads on FT to help in the choice. Anyway some pics on the area on this link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=59ce402075
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by stiwi
LRM has a shuttle bus, Hilton doesn't.
Actually Hilton does have a shuttle bus to malls etc and the Hilton Dubai Creek
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by beergut
Actually Hilton does have a shuttle bus to malls etc and the Hilton Dubai Creek
Well, I asked and they don't have. I was provided with a bus schedule to malls, but they are run by the malls itself.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well then you are misinformed or just wrong, as I can attest to such a bus existing a decade ago, and I can attest to it existing as recetly as a few months ago.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Well then you are misinformed or just wrong, as I can attest to such a bus existing a decade ago, and I can attest to it existing as recetly as a few months ago.
Well, I was just there on the 6th of DEC, so not further than one week ago. The lady who was checking me in at Exec. lounge clearly said there is no shuttle bus provided by Hilton to the malls and she gave me the schedule of the buses which are operated by the malls independently. It was also strange to me, considering that 2 hotels I stayed in Dubai previously, JBH & LRM, provided such service.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then this is extremely new, what else ca I say. I must add however that I onlyever took one of these things onceas it was outside and about to leave.............i can eat the big 25 ED or whatever and be the master of my own destiny..........
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
Any comments on the current state of the beach a Jumeirah?

I'd like to visit again, but I read an article sometime last year about sewage/trash on the beach from overloaded municpal systems.
Just got back and the beach is still clean. No worries about pollution but they've upgraded behind the Hilton/Sheraton/Ritz Carlton. All that construction has resulted in chain resteraunt row (Chili's, KFC, Paul's, Ruby Tuesday, Pizza Express, etc.).

In some ways it's good if you're just planning to hang about the beach (like me) but it just adds to the faux Disney/Vegas feel of the place.

The Hilton's rooms have also had a minor upgrade (new TV's that sort of thing).
I wish I'd brought a laptop or an iPod with video to hook it up to TV for viewing at night. Nothin on the telly.

Still, I had a Kindle in a Ziploc bag and a nice big bath tub...can't really complain.

Last edited by The_Diamond_Z; Dec 20, 2010 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by stiwi
Well, I was just there on the 6th of DEC, so not further than one week ago. The lady who was checking me in at Exec. lounge clearly said there is no shuttle bus provided by Hilton to the malls and she gave me the schedule of the buses which are operated by the malls independently. It was also strange to me, considering that 2 hotels I stayed in Dubai previously, JBH & LRM, provided such service.
Something's wrong, I've spoken to someone who used the shuttle bus a couple of weeks ago, it's also still listed on the Hilton website.

" and a free daily shuttle to Dubai’s famous shopping malls. "
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:34 am

Question Skyview Lounge

Hi,

I read in this thread that it was possible to use the Skyview lounge in addition to the Exec. Lounge for happy hour. However this information is a few years old.

Could anyone kindly inform if this is still possible?

Kind regards,
HansIngeS
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:12 pm

Just got an email from Hilton to stay between 9-26 December and they will offer Half Board + Suite upgrade subject to availability. Minimum 2 nights required.

I didn't see a word on this on their website though.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyody stayed at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences??

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ences/index.do

I booked 4 nights here in December using my points. The only room option was a king studio.

Have any of you diamonds received nice upgrades at the resort lately? I may switch my reservation there if so...the resort seems to be right next door anyway

Also, how do i set up the free airport transportation?

thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Considering that it does not open its doors until December 1st I would doubt it. I assume it is the ghost JBR residence building across the street that has been absolutely empty for the last five years or so..............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.